Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: Crossing the Bright Void 2 - A Space Pirate RTD: Sieging a Space Station  (Read 24827 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"I'll lead the way then," Isara said as she nudged the man in front, "I know the extent of my abilities, and if any harm is to come then I bet I'll be quick enough to evade it. Oh, and we need a hacker up front to take care of the encryption with the doors, and probably the elevator-if it's the usual weight-and-pulley system."

And lead the way down that elevator route!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

"Deniard, what do you think?"

"I'm thinking that the whole exosuit bit could have gone better. But yeah, the elevators seems the better move."
Take the exosuit back into its shuttle, then leave, going quickly as to not hold the group up. Elevators, of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crossing the Bright Void 2 - A Space Pirate RTD | Turn 2: Thus the war began ...
« Reply #197 on: September 20, 2013, 06:20:39 pm »

Miniturn
Durand Mondegan (Caellath)
The trip to the station is mostly uneventful though a few times your heart almost leaps out of your chest as the officer who eyed you suspiciously as you boarded comes onto your deck to examine what is going on. You are acting like you are deep asleep when the ship intercom system sparks to life and the captain's voice comes through,

"We are now approaching the Phalanx defense station, docking will occur in roughly five minutes. All recruits are to report to the unloading area for inspection, and to be briefed on your exact tasks, or jobs to be completed upon arrival."

You sit up slowly, keeping the act intact as best you can as you push yourself up from the bench and move along with the crowd to the stairwells down. Soon enough you find yourself in formation with the two hundred recruits, to any side of the block is at least ten feet of empty space and a dozen or so officers stand about you all.

One of them, a woman of fairly high rank from what you can tell, is standing on a small raised platform at the back of the area giving a speech and handing out orders like candy. You, along with nine other soldiers in your column, get assigned to report to Engineering in Section C and investigate some rumors of stowaways in the maintenance, repair, and emergency tunnels.

Time blurs as you disembark and are ushered on your way to Section C, the whole walk there is filled with mindless chatter as the nine people you were assigned with get to know each other. For the most part they leave you alone seeming to understand that you would rather remain silent then talk with them.

Arriving at Engineering you are greeted by a massive open room filled with machines, crates haphazardly stacked against the walls, rusting lockers, loose tools, and a steady throng of people rushing back and forth throughout the place. The man who comes to meet you is a hunchbacked, grey haired middle rank overseer, as he talks you notice the entire right side of his face hardly moves at all and the skin is pitch black in places.

"So you're the help the sent us? A bunch of unbloodied, fucking raw recruits who look like they've either just got off their mother's teet or who've been safe behind thick walls in bloody mansions. The hell do the people running this place think they're doing."

He pauses long enough to hack up a small blood tinged glob onto the floor before continuing,

"Well it ain't my problem if you idiots go off and get yourselves killed so whatever, aight there are ten of you so I'll split the jobs among you bunch. Six of you will need to go and track through the maintenance tunnels, ain't likely to find anything in there but its perhaps the best place for a bunch of stowaways to hide.

Next, three of ya will be heading to the repair tramways, its a bit more likely you'll find something down in there. Maybe some beasts that have gotten loose and managed to reproduce down there, though they ain't likely to be friendly. Probably a bunch of feral packs fighting over scraps.

Finally, I need someone to go down into the emergency railway that runs through the center of this Section to the main hub. I'm not gonna lie, whoever it is going down there is better off taking a peek and getting the hell out since your definitely gonna find something down there a lot more dangerous then a couple of ferals.

Can't tell you how many time a poor fool has died opening one of the emergency tunnels and having a Scav or some other alien fucker jump out and put a couple of rounds or a knife in their head. So which of you morons wants what?"

Spoiler: Durand's Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 06:27:55 pm by adwarf »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I will take the last one." Durand says graciously, playing the part of an overconfident newbie soldier when in fact he's fully aware he has more than the standard-issue equipment to protect him. There's also the problem that any other of the options would have to result in him slipping away from his fellow soldiers, and he doesn't have the time to deal with distracting people. He has to get things done, and as soon as possible.

Accept the worst assignment.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Miniturn
The Entire Group (Tavik Toth, Tiruin, Spinal_Taper, and 10ebbor10)

Agreeing that the elevator would be the best route with all things considered you make a few last second checks to make sure you all have your gear in order before setting out. Exiting the hangar with guns raised, your over all numbers reduced by two due to the Hunters left behind to guard the ship, you all quickly sweep the nearby hallways and the elevator itself before your two groups finally split up to go their separate ways. You all watch the Hunters slink off in silence for a moment, but quickly turn your attention back to the task at hand as you all board the elevator, a plain metal box with no decoration other then the simplistic controls just to the side of the doors, one at a time with Terence at the front.

The old man takes his place in front of the the control panel and the rest of you pile in around him with Deniard and Zelnar in the front, both of them have their guns at the ready and Zelnar places one of his hands on the handle of his sword as the doors slide shut. The ride only lasts a few minutes, but in the dead silence it feels like hours before the arrival chime rings out through the enclosed space breaking the mind numbing stupor that seemed to weigh you all down. You raise your weapons as the doors slide back but what you see past the door still startles you, in a small lobby in-front of the elevator four UM soldiers leap up in surprise, one of them knocking over a chair in the process as they all reach for their guns.

With the upper hand you all decide to act ...

Spoiler: Battle Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Initiative List (click to show/hide)

Player Statuses
Spoiler: Jack's Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Isara's Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Robert's Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deniard's Status (click to show/hide)

Allied NPC Statuses

Spoiler: Ursa, Mercenary Ally (click to show/hide)

-----

Enemy Statuses
Spoiler: UM Soldier #1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: UM Soldier #2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: UM Soldier #3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: UM Naval Officer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 04:41:21 pm by adwarf »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"There's four!"
Deniard jumps a little on his heels, and brushes forward, aiming for something to give him some cover, like a counter, or a table he could flip over while he dove. He takes out his SMGs as he does so, firing at the soldiers blindly, hoping to clip one.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile

"We come in peace! NOT!"

Jack runs to cover and shoots the two nearest UM enemies.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Isara kept silent and aimed for shooting at anyone reaching for their weapons, or the weapons themselves, so as to incapacitate their foe. They needed not to die here, so she had to make a quick decision.

"Drop your arms and surrender! We won't shoot otherwise."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Isara kept silent and aimed for shooting at anyone reaching for their weapons, or the weapons themselves, so as to incapacitate their foe. They needed not to die here, so she had to make a quick decision.

((So you'll only shoot if they surrender?))

Don't worry, they'll die for a greater cause.

Conditional:
      -If all enemies are killed, hack the camera
      -If they're not, shoot it with the laser pistol

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Miniturn
Jack Hansan (Tavik_Toth)
The mercenary woman is the first of all of you to act, within seconds of the door opening her gun is already leveled at the naval officer reaching for the console near him, with a resounding crack her shot blows a fist sized hole in the center of his chest. The Officer is tumbling to the floor by the time you press your back against the mostly opened elevator door, leaning around the corner you take a shot at the guard reaching for his rifle but the shot misses by a wide margin and you slide back into cover prepping for your next shot.

Isara Velias (Tiruin)

You yell at the UM soldiers but the firefight has already started, Ursa and Jack are already blasting away and Deniard and Zelnar are sweeping into the room itself with guns blazing. Knowing the soldiers won't surrender now you join in on the firefight, you unload four rounds into one of the soldiers and you notice the last one slam through his body at where his lungs should be.

At about the same time Terence drops to a knee letting loose a hail with him SMG, the sound of its firing reduced to a near silent clacking, his bullets riddle the soldier's torso forcing the man down onto his knees as he clutches the assault rifle in hand.

Of course you barely take notice of Terence as Zelnar charges into the room letting loose a war cry as he flourishes the blade above his head and the SMGs sing the song of death on his hands. He unloads into one of the soldiers but pays little attention as he immediately lays into the remaining unwounded soldier with his sword swinging through the air. The soldier is completely unprepared for one of the Te'eth Ra to be bearing down upon him, and thus Zelnar's sword swings true, the first strike slashes across the man's chest and as he stumbles back Zelnar grabs him by the back of the head and slams the blade through the man's chest.

Deniard Wilkins (Spinal_Taper)
You find yourself close behind the mysterious warrior Zelnar, as the towering fellow lays into one of the soldiers with a blade you take aim at the last remaining soldier alive. Your gun jumps in your hands as you loose a burst into the dying soldier on the floor, the man gasps out his last breath and his shotgun (previously aimed at your head) falls from his hands and hits the floor.

Robert (10ebbor10)
With the fighting at an end you dash past everyone and run over to the terminal next to the naval officer's corpse, pulling a cord from the silver device strapped to your arm you plug it into the terminal and get to work. You quickly break through the computer's firewalls despite the rather fierce resistance the system puts up trying to stop you, within a minute you have all cameras in this section of the station shut down and that very system at your fingertips to use as you will.

Spoiler: Battle Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Initiative List (click to show/hide)

Player Statuses
Spoiler: Jack's Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Isara's Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Robert's Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deniard's Status (click to show/hide)

Allied NPC Statuses

Spoiler: Ursa, Mercenary Ally (click to show/hide)

-----

Enemy Statuses
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 04:41:42 pm by adwarf »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Crossing the Bright Void 2 - A Space Pirate RTD: Sieging a Space Station
« Reply #205 on: October 05, 2013, 02:55:53 pm »

Take assualt rifle along with 4 reloads then search lockers after that, go quickly explore southward. After that rejoin group.

"I'm going to quickly check one of the areas out. Be right back."
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 02:57:56 pm by Tavik Toth »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 05, 2013, 04:44:09 pm »

Well I went back through the entire thread thinking I missed some things and I did, my apologies to Tavik Toth and 10ebbor10 since forgot to add some of the things you guys had bought earlier on. That mistake is now fixed and you will now find the items you purchased earlier in your statuses, sorry for how long it took me to realize that mistake. Also due to some rethinking prices for things will be reworked so don't be expecting the same prices for items that I wrote down earlier though everything you bought before now will not cost more so don't worry about that.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 06, 2013, 02:28:17 am »

Their eyes are ours

If the commterminal has a viewscreen, take a glimpse through the viewscreen, if not, try to check for and disable any sorts of alarm

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 06, 2013, 04:47:24 am »

((Is there any armour I can loot?))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 06, 2013, 04:57:55 am »

Deniard looks at Zelnar, shaking his head.
"Christ."
He taps him on his shoulder.
"You're crazy. I come in here, and you've got a sword. Here I was, thinking you weren't going to be using it, it was just to look cool. But you literally brought a sword to a gunfight and won. You're crazy."
Look at the gear that the soldiers had. Are there any uniforms that aren't too badly damaged, and could be used as a disguise?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18