Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Crossing the Bright Void 2 - A Space Pirate RTD: Sieging a Space Station  (Read 24857 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Isara looked at Zelnar and gave him a reassuring smile.

"I've faced much danger in my life, if its the will of the people then we'd do as much as we could to oblige to their needs. To those who have been given, responsibility shall act.

"Anyway, I have you."
she added as she tapped the hilt of her knife nonchalantly. "Now to meet these people."

Let's do this meeting.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

"Well there ya go, anything else you might want?"

Maybe later, but not now.
He left the shop, and with a brisk pace headed towards the common shelter. He waited a bit against the wall while the others talked, and when the talk died down, spoke up.

"I might have an interesting proposal. None of you likes the UM, right? "

((Completely forgot about this, sorry))
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 01:38:40 pm by 10ebbor10 »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Out of curiosity who is the UNS? :3 Yes I know you meant UM but has to point out the mistake or next thing we know they turn into the UNSC.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile

((We could make the UNS a brach of the UM.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Out of curiosity who is the UNS?
((United Naturists of Sidney?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Miniturn: Deniard Wilkins (Spinal_Taper)
"Ah, great... Y'know what? I'll take it." You say, and the man gets a small smile as if a weight had finally been lifted off his shoulders, a few moments later a slot hisses open just to your left and you find a package covered in brown paper and tied with what feels like lace strings. Putting the package in one of your pouches you nod to the man as he hands you a small datapad that contains directions and a pass into the Inner City to take the package to the Hard Steel company.

Using the datapad you quickly manage to make your way onto one of the city's many main streets, the throng of people making it less likely for someone to come at you in the open. However after your about halfway to your destination you notice a roadblock up ahead, the ground beyond for a good stretch of maybe twenty yards filled with gaping holes or covered in the rubble of fallen buildings. Looking around you find three paths that may let you get around the ruined street. The first of which is a back alley that curves out of view after about fifty yards in, the second path is through a half destroyed building where some of the stairs come out level with the next street over. And the final path is a sewer grate over to the right, it'd be the quickest route past but the sewers are likely to be damaged or filled with whoever wants to stop you. Which to choose ....

Durand Mondegan (Caellath)
You continue your chat with the red-head for a little while, showing your thanks for the info she gave and trying to make sure she didn't drink anymore before departing. By the end of the conversation you have some success, you find out the engineer's name is Silvia Barnan, and she gives you her contact details before departing for the night, noticeably less drunk then her fellow workers. Pulling your cap around you you head outside and find night has the city stolidly in its hold, a drizzle of rain falls from the sky reduced greatly by the structure of the city with its numerous walkways and shanties built between towers.

Pulling your hood up all the way you disappear into the night, your cloak making you invisible to any prying eyes that might have followed you, the world is a troublesome place for the unprepared. Knowing you need more information before you try to get on the Phalanx you head back to your home in that Pig's mansion, the likelihood that his databases have some information regarding the station is fairly high and that may come in handy for making a plan.

Back safe and sound within the confines of your apartments you pull a chair up to the computer terminal set into your desk and watch as a holopad appears in front of it with the standard qwerty keyboard displayed across it. Your thorough investigation of what small amounts of information their is on the database turns up some quite useful information of the station in the form of a map detailing several weapon & supply lockers in the damaged section of the station. After this you run into a heavily encrypted file which just happens to be the remainder of the info, setting to breaking through you manage to pull one more scrap of info before the firewalls completely block you out and boot you from the database.

The final piece of evidence is the arrival date, and location, of the incoming UM Fleet which is set to arrive in three to five days, now how to proceed ....

Jack Hansan (Tavik Toth)
After a few seconds you hear the crackling of speakers and the woman speaks again,

"Yeah, I have a few in stock. Take a look at what I got."

With that a holopad appeared infront of you with the following,

Code: (Shopping List) [Select]
------------
Ground Vehicles
------------
T51 Puma - A Light, fast moving scout jeep mainly used in exploration forces of human or batarian armies. Cost: 300
Mk.II Batarian 'Talon' - A two-man fast attack vehicle armed with a medium caliber autocannon. Cost: 250
Model 350 Roadrunner - A civilian vehicle, the Model 350 Roadrunner hosts terrible fuel mileage, a grand total of five radio stations, and the most uncomfortable seats you will ever use. Cost: 225

------------
Air Vehicles
------------
'Eagle' Model UM Planetary Scout Fighter - The Eagle is armed with three lowcaliber autocannons, and room for two primed interceptor or warhead missiles for bombing runs. Cost: 350
Ulysses Class Aerial Transport - A prevalent transport craft in the outer rim, the Ulysses has room for twelve people, not including the five crew/gunners. Armed with two low caliber autocannons, and one of the early model Railguns (Suffers from severe overheating, and power usage problems) Cost: 450

------------
Probes/Drones
------------
Civilian Class Mining Droid - Used mainly for to man planetary mines this droid comes equipped with a low-output mining laser and built in storage for up to eighty units of ores.  Cost: 80
Civilian Model Defense Droid - A home defense droid, mainly used by upper class people but originally made for the lower class, this droid is armed with two wrist-mounted void-proof revolvers for dispatching everything from common street toughs to some of the weaker of the planet's predators. Cost: 95
Decommissioned UM Survey Probe - Made to observe systems for signs of everything from Ancient tech to mineral deposits to enemy strongholds these probes have a multitude of uses though with a few ... flaws. Cost: 125

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile

Buy a Decommissioned UM Survey Probe. Then head back to hideout.

"I would like to buy one of those UM probes."

After getting to hideout: "Got a Probe."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

"Damn. "
Go through the building, be careful not to make too much noise.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh, this one's easy." Durand says as he smirks.

Obtain and don a disguise (uniform) but still infiltrate the base while invisible, moving to the damaged area.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 11:32:25 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

(I might be wrong, but I thought it was a space station.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yes, it's a space station, I just used "base" to refer to it. If there are further mistakes, I'll look into the post once again when I don't have a headache. :P))
>Yes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yes, it's a space station, I just used "base" to refer to it. If there are further mistakes, I'll look into the post once again when I don't have a headache. :P))

Fleet doesn't arrive for a few days Cael, by which time Robert and Co.'s little foray would've already taken place, the robots would've likely been repaired, and the exosuits found :) But yeah, don't forget you do know the players 'gang' so every player has a way of contacting another.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crossing the Bright Void 2 - A Space Pirate RTD|Turn 1.3: Ambush!!!!!!!
« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2013, 03:48:06 pm »

Miniturn: Deniard Wilkins (Spinal_Taper)
Looking up at the building you decide it'd be the best route to take and start making your way through the waning crowd gathered around the ruined part of the street. Taking a few steps you push on a rusty old door set into the wall of the building, and it gives way with a loud squeal as the rusted hinges give way and the door hits the concrete stairwell beyond with a hollow thud. Dusting yourself off you quickly make your way up the first flight of stairs which give way to a large square room with two men and a woman occupying it.

Reaching into your coat you grasp the grip of your SMG and take a few steps towards the group before the woman speaks up,

"Tsk, tsk. Deniard we can't have you fighting back, I don't want such a useful man as you getting hurt. Tom if you'd be so polite as to 'teach' him upon the subject please."

You swing your arm up just in time to take the brunt of a steel pipe on your forearm which leaves it numb from the pain but no lasting harm was done. Within moments you have your gun in hand and the barrel pressed against this Tom's head, pulling the trigger a set of bullets burrow their way into the wall behind the man's head before he falls to the floor with a hollow thump. Spinning around you bash aside another club, this one aimed at your head, and feel several bones snap as you block what could have been a likely mortal blow.

This throws the first tough just long enough for you to take on the second one coming at you, with one hand broken your forced to block the club with the side of your Hound which knocks the attacking thug off balance. Pushing him forward with an elbow to his shoulder you bash the grip of your gun against the man's head and watch as crumples to the floor knocked out by the blow. Facing your last attacker you level your Hound on him and watch as the man's eyes fill with terror before turning completely blank. Falling back his lifeless body comes to a rest upon one of the crates not far from the young woman who had ordered the three men to attack you.

Looking at her you notice she has a smirk on her face as she stares straight into your eyes, giving a small smile she pushes herself up from the crate and you find shes about a foot shorter then you. Dusting off the bottom of her pants she speaks up,

"You are as good as they say it appears, but those were just your average street thugs so I expect you'd have quite a bit more to show me, Deniard, against a more experienced foe. Any who its about time I take my leave love, there is a small note on the crate their with my name and a place to reach me if you want, though I suspect I'll be contacting you before that. No need to worry about what happened here, those three were wanted criminals so I'll have the payment for taking care of them sent to you, do be careful I can't have such a useful toy dying on me."

With that said she turns to leave, what do you do? Let her leave and just take the note, or try and stop her, or perhaps another alternative ...

Jack Hansan (Tavik Toth)
You purchase the probe, and leave the shop via a direct entrance to the sewers followed by a warehouse droid carrying a roughly man-sized box in its mechanical claws. When you reach the hideout you stop it and check for any tracking or recording devices before opening the entrance and allowing it to go inside and place the box in a corner of the cavern. With that done it turns around and leaves the room, you look at the two other people gathered in the room and nod, best to wait for the others before beginning the actual meeting ...

Decommissioned UM Survey Probe gained, 125 credits lost.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:50:55 pm by adwarf »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Crossing the Bright Void 2 - A Space Pirate RTD|Turn 1.3: Ambush!!!!!!!
« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2013, 04:07:20 pm »

Chat with others while waiting.

"So, what have you two been doing?"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Crossing the Bright Void 2 - A Space Pirate RTD|Turn 1.3: Ambush!!!!!!!
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2013, 11:21:38 pm »

Deniard fires his SMG up once, then approaches her with a swagger in his step.
"Hey, pardon me, miss, but I've got some questions you haven't answered quite yet. You  know my name, care to share yours?"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18