Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Crossing the Bright Void 2 - A Space Pirate RTD: Sieging a Space Station  (Read 24809 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crossing the Bright Void 2 - A Space Pirate RTD
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2012, 04:11:04 pm »

((what about a reason whre he can get it back ie stealing it?))
I'll roll for it, if you do end up being able to steal it back there are the facts of A) you won't know where it is, B) it'll probably have been stripped for parts for the U.M.'s space fleets, C) be so heavily guarded you'd die trying to get it, D) guarded by some loan shark toughs but a pile of crap that might as well be scrap, or E) a combination of the above.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2012, 04:14:19 pm »

((Its way outdated by this time. think of the UKs Swordfish torpedo bomers used in WW2 think that. or the Syrian rebels useing STG 44s in the modern day.))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2012, 04:18:26 pm »

((Its way outdated by this time. think of the UKs Swordfish torpedo bomers used in WW2 think that. or the Syrian rebels useing STG 44s in the modern day.))
One: There's no real reason to talk in OOC brackets when there's no ingame speak to speak of.

Two: Spareparts. Besides, from what I've heard of the setting pretty much anything is outdated around here.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2012, 04:22:36 pm »

It uses Autocannos of all things as PD and basically battleship style cannon turrets. And the reason why the Zeus is weaker is because it was a early version of laser Battery. That make sense?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2012, 04:31:15 pm »

One: There's no real reason to talk in OOC brackets when there's no ingame speak to speak of.

Two: Spareparts. Besides, from what I've heard of the setting pretty much anything is outdated around here.

I like point one :P As for point two, yeah that is spot on.

It uses Autocannos of all things as PD and basically battleship style cannon turrets. And the reason why the Zeus is weaker is because it was a early version of laser Battery. That make sense?
Autocannons are actually a fairly advanced as the earliest form of PD developed was the Flak Turret, which was followed by the far less successful railgun turrets. Another problem is I'm the one that will assign your gear, and the Zeus's problems are A) the ship doesn't have enough turret mounts to equip it and thus it would have been sold off long ago or the ship modified to carry it and B) almost half as powerful as lower tier Battery Class weapons which is way to weak for something that large, a turret class laser battery is made up of fifteen to twenty high powered laser turrets (A normal mount represents around 5 turrets) and the size you suggested would make it around 40 turrets. That would be the equivalent of a successful true rail-gun shot.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 04:54:42 pm by adwarf »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 04:35:54 pm »

Oh. Flak turrets woudl work. but you decide what its armed with if you want it to be.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2012, 06:49:34 pm »

so... what kind of rolls would i have to make in order to install an unorthadox mod?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 08:44:19 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2012, 03:51:03 pm »

so... what kind of rolls would i have to make in order to install an unorthadox mod?
You'd need things to make it, scrap metal and electronics are an example, and the rolls would depend on what you wanted the thing to do, overall the effects of unorthodox mods are completely up to luck for the most most part so they can be rather risky.

Accepted players are: Tiruin, Caellath, Taricus, 10ebbor10, and Tavik Toth

Pending players are:
Unholy_Pariah, your back-story needs to be changed as sonic weapons do not currently exist, sorry.

Scapheap, need to change and flesh out your bio. If you'd have made a universal antidote pretty much everyone would know about, you couldn't hide it and any government would have had an information leak about such a precious thing within hours.

Whichever one of you gets these changes worked out first I'll accept as the sixth player, though if someone else gets a sheet in before then that is completed and good they will get the spot.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2012, 04:21:51 pm »

ok edit done

edit: fix an error in the bio
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 04:26:00 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2012, 04:41:35 pm »

I'm in. (or waitlisted)

Name: Thalis Kiron
Race: Torian- Lizard like bipeds (think Argonian). Thalis specifically has green/brown skin and a large retractable crest along his neck.

Bio: A native to Valgon IV. Thalis grew up on the fringes of Valeris, one of the larger cities on the planet. He lived a normal, if underprivileged, life until his parents were killed in the crossfire of a firefight between U.M peackeepers and a local gang when he was 14. Distraught and alone, he took a job as a miner to make ends meet. After 11 years of backbreaking labor and simmering rage. Thalis gave into his desire to escape and seek vengeance on those who took everything away from him.
Possessions: + Mining Transport
       - Salvaged Prometheus Flak Turret
       - 2x Light Class Mining Lasers
            - AR: 5/5
            - Fuel: 80/80
            - Cargo Space: 0/80

Handheld Mining Drill [Mining Rate: 5/turn]
8x Blast Charges
Salvaged Mineral Refinery
Deed to your tiny Housing Block
150 Credits
A small medallion given to him by his parents on his 10th birthday (Decades are very important in Torian culture)

Story-lines: Yes
Group: Neutral
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2012, 04:47:16 pm »

You'd need things to make it, scrap metal and electronics are an example, and the rolls would depend on what you wanted the thing to do, overall the effects of unorthodox mods are completely up to luck for the most most part so they can be rather risky.

Accepted players are: Tiruin, Caellath, Taricus, 10ebbor10, and Tavik Toth

Pending players are:
Unholy_Pariah, your back-story needs to be changed as sonic weapons do not currently exist, sorry.

Scapheap, need to change and flesh out your bio. If you'd have made a universal antidote pretty much everyone would know about, you couldn't hide it and any government would have had an information leak about such a precious thing within hours.

Whichever one of you gets these changes worked out first I'll accept as the sixth player, though if someone else gets a sheet in before then that is completed and good they will get the spot.
So you forgot Dwarmin, huh.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2012, 08:20:44 pm »

Spoiler: Done, GM approval (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 09:31:08 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2012, 10:05:48 pm »

really wish you posted that a few hours earlier before i fell asleep again :/
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2012, 10:14:32 pm »

really wish you posted that a few hours earlier before i fell asleep again :/
Sorry timezones and such.

Also Spinal is the next player, everyone else not already stated as an accepted player is now on the waitlist.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2012, 01:40:25 pm »

So you forgot Dwarmin, huh.
Didn't Dwarmin go for the waitlist rather than signing up?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18