Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Crossing the Bright Void 2 - A Space Pirate RTD: Sieging a Space Station  (Read 24834 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Light power armor, suited to Durand.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile

Some sort of exoskeleton. Hopefully or atleast something for my shuttle to carry. We would need a transportable ground vehicle, ne?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some sort of exoskeleton. Hopefully or atleast something for my shuttle to carry. We would need a transportable ground vehicle, ne?
Taricus has a ground vehicle, his salvage vessel was made for use on planets.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile

Oh. A exoskeleton then.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I shall begin work on the turn today (more precisely in a few hours) and will strive to have it done in the next day or so. Until then here is the rough outline of the hideout mechanics for you guys to contemplate and begin working out what you may want to do with your current one.

Spoiler: Hideout (click to show/hide)

As a side note crafting, inventing, and the like are very freeform in this game so if you want to try and make like a drone out of scrap metal, electronics and stuff and you have that in supply I'll roll to see if you succeed.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Oh, christmas gifts. Sonic screwdriver Multitool for me. Mostly specialized in jamming electronical equipment, but can be used for everything if needed.

As for actions. Towards the black market I go.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Medical Omni-tool, concealable and easy to use in those emergency situations, as well as...some others ;) ))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Warning very crappy MS Paint representation of the space around Valgon IV
Spoiler: Near Planet Space Map (click to show/hide)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile

((Where should we go in space when we can?))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Where should we go in space when we can?))

Wherever you want to, along the way on your journey to space you'll learn of other planets, asteroid bases, and such & it'll be your guys decision where to go and what to do.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile

((just want to mention that this is is going to be awesome.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile

((question. Is there a chance that any players not in Jacks could be met?))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crossing the Bright Void 2 - A Space Pirate RTD | Turn 1: World in Motion
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2013, 08:27:15 pm »

Turn 1: World in Motion

Durand Mondegan (Caellath)

You make your way to the most used Private Protection Firm on the planet, surprisingly held within the nobles district due to its entire clientele being nobles and the like. Upon arriving your stopped by four guards, each as big and dumb as blockheads come wielding old AK-47s that look like they've been through hell and back several times. Shaking your head slightly you hold up a letter bearing that fat slob's seal, and pass by as they snap you crisp salutes hoping to pave over any 'injury' they dealt to their possible customer. Walking into the lobby you take a second to admire the room, quite vast as pillars of what look to be marble stretch far over your head to a glass dome littered with solar lights.

Turning back to ground level you watch as a rather attractive blonde woman walks up to you, her shoes clicking on the granite tile floor, you take the time to notice the revolver at her waist before turning your full attention to her. Clearing her throat slightly she crosses her arms and speaks up,

"Been awhile Durand, its me Monica you remember me? Of course not, the one night we spent together I woke up to find you'd ransacked my house and taken every file pertaining to the noble you serve and yourself. If the Boss didn't want to see you I'd shoot you here and now, but sadly he actually wants to help you. This way."

As she turns around you quickly wipe the few beads of sweat from your brow and follow, you walk through hallway after hallway of sterile hospital style white tile hallways, and up countless stairwells before arriving in a small chamber. Empty except for a pair of big brass doors on the far side and four droids setting off in pairs of two to either side. The doors swing open as you come to a halt and a thin man steps through, his head capped with a fedora and wearing the average black and white suit of businessmen the man gave off a rather heavy air, the scars across his eye as if some wild beast had clawed him just added to that all the more.

"Hello my good man, before we get to down to business I'd like to introduce myself, the names Nigel Tweed and I own this fine company you see here. Quite something if I must say so myself being the most used Protection Firm on the planet and all, as well as a trusted partner to the UM defense forces here on the planet.

But I expect that is not what you came here to talk about, no what I think you want is information on this Crimson Reaper that has been killing all the so called 'corrupt' Nobility. Well I have some information that could be useful to you ... its just I want something in return, think of it as a job opportunity. I know this is a bit of a stretch for this vital information but, all you gotta do is get aboard the UM station Phalanx and retrieve a copy of their nav charts for the surrounding space. Not to hard don't ya say?"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Orel'Kehai Vas Nedas Nar Tasi (Taricus)

You head straight for the docks, after all the blazing sun in the sky attempting to turn you into crispy bacon is a perfect indicator that its a fine day to salvage up some the days food ticket. After walking through crowded streets, and urine & homeless infested back alleys you soon (thankfully) arrive to the ground bays of the Docks where your trusty salvage vessel lies. After a few check points, some licenses and falsified paper flashing, and a run through a few explosives detectors you find your way to your trusty rust bucket. The look of rust makes it look dash... yeah you gotta admit the thing needs a lot of work. The dents in the front from hitting rocks, the skull embedded in the side from that time you rammed a tribal into a tree, and the squirrel you tied to the hood to attract the predators to fend off tribals your last trip out.

Ignoring most of that you climb aboard and set to work in the cockpit running scans and idly flicking through other scavengers nav charts, the fact these are needed annoys you to no end, but with the surface constantly changing due to the massively accelerated tectonic movement there is not much you can do about it. After a few minutes you find a few good suspects that are relatively close to the civilized parts of the world and the towering seismic-neutral spires, yet another wonder the Ancients have left behind these are what keep the civilized part of the planet safe from the accelerated seismic activity.

Switching your focus back to the plausible locations, the first of which is one the tribals' temples, generally remnants of the Ancients used by the tribals' as places of rest, fortresses in times of war, and in making their last stand. The savage tribes will fight to the last man to keep the lands from the UM and other corrupt officials of the civilized world. The second place is a small corvette, no real data on it due to (and apart from) the fact that three-fourths of it are buried under the earth. Finally the third place you find of note, is simply an old known junkyard.

Skipping over the temple and scrap yard you quickly add them to your nav database in-case you have time to salvage more before the seismic activity makes the data unusable. Taking a few seconds you quickly type in the coordinates to the corvette and set the ship to auto-pilot while you begin setting up everything to begin excavation upon arrival. When done you get up, and move to the back of the salvage vessel to put on the old suit of T-43B 'Savage' Power Armor you found in a dark corner of this ship when you bought it. Standing still for a few seconds you wait as the mechanical arms of the recharge station put each piece into place. After a few seconds you hear a loud hiss as the pneumatic locks seal tight, and you feel a slight shiver go up your spine as the magnetic locks and field buzz to life.

You arrive after an uneventful journey and step outside into the clearing just as the excavation begins, the trail the corvette had dug long ago is mostly gone and covered over by trees, and every other form of plant this planet has to offer. Turning away from the trail you set about placing the motion sensors you have around the small clearing to prepare for anything that might come your way, after that's done its a long wait and a long patrol ....

After a while of waiting your comm begin to blare as something trips the motion sensors sending you jolting into a run as you dash for the ramp to your salvage vessel. Just as you start to sprint you feel something clamp onto your side, and hear as the suit's shield goes into full power, whatever is clamped down onto you gets fried, but you watch as the shield indicator on your visor's HUD starts blinking red. Then if thats not bad enough three Nerths1 slink out of the shadows of nearby trees, and even the shadow of the corvette itself, in answer to this the Prometheus Flak Turret powers up as you dive for cover. The flak turret lets out four quick thumps that shake the ground you lay on, and seconds later you hear the sound of the ground exploding ... even worse you think you can vaguely hear something being ... ground into something you'd rather not think of.

Pushing yourself up you ignore the remains, if you could call them that, of the Nerths and turn your attention back to the excavation. As you watch the last bit of dirt reveals the remains of a ship not much smaller then your salvage vessel you notice as it latches onto the flat top of the starship to transport if back to your landing bay in the Docks. Clambering back into the pilot's seat you hear your motion sensors go crazy and watch as 'tribals' pour from the thick jungle around you, within seconds the engines roar to life and you hear a few faint screams as you climb up towards the clouds. All around you bullets ping off the salvage vessels armor and you watch a rocket barely miss the front as you floor it towards the towering visage of the Pillars in the distance.

Now to decide what to do with this, you could sell it, or tear it apart ... you could also go through the sewers and store the thing in your group's hideout for later use.

Isara Nindarin Velias (Tiruin)

Boarding the shuttle you find your usual seat occupied by what looks like a metal wristband and watched smashed together, putting it on your wrist you jerk back a bit as a little shock goes up your arm and a greenish hue covers your forearm. Moving it to give it a closer look a small screen merges from the green hue and a computerized voice chimes in,

'Hello Owner, I am TX-451 also known as 'Sheila' I am the AI program that runs/helps you use this piece of equipment the Green Co's Patented Advanced Medical Diagnosis & Treatment Omni-tool, more commonly called the AM DOT. I find that to be a rather terrible name, but choose what you call it to your liking, if you desire to learn more of this device I am opening the basic 'manual' now all this really does is describe how it works since I'll guide you through the processes from here on out. If you need anything Owner please call me."

With that done the manual appears on the screen2, and you set about trolling through trough it as your shuttle grows closer to the planet below. After around an hour of flying through the black of space and then enduring the various checkpoints, scans, and the like at the Docks you finally take a step out into the massive plaza that surrounds the Docks. Taking a look up at the towering spires of the city you grimace, many are decrepit and soot covered with vasts parts unfinished and instead replaced by thrown together shacks and shanty towns to house the poor. Every time you see them a place that was once empty is now occupied with even more shanty towns, the poor of this world is innumerable and grows with every passing day under the oppressive rule of the UM.

Shaking your head you nod to Zelnar and his eyes dart around lightning fast scanning the area for anything before he begins to move to one of the more crowded parts of the cities, and one of the areas more crowded with the poor and homeless you add. You pass by buildings just like those surrounding the Docks, and even more small shanties crowded into the unused streets and alleyways surrounding those massive towers. Turning into an alley you head all the way down it until you walk out into a small empty square enclosed on all sides by unbroken, except for the alleyway's mouth, by light gray stone and metal. Zelnar pulls open a sewer grate just off the entrance and slides down the ladder with you following not far behind, after that its a pretty boring trip and a pull of a hidden lever latter before you arrive at the base passing by Deniard as he makes his way out.

Robert (10ebbor10)

Your trip down to the planet is pretty much uneventful, the cult's pilots are surprisingly skilled at remaining hidden where most would find it difficult to hide among those asteroid fields. Walking quickly out of the Docks you keep your head down, and on the look for any of the UM's sparse patrols through this section of the city. Robert took a quick right into an empty alley as soon as he reached the main street, and quickly turned the corner up ahead to find a nondescript steel door straight ahead and down a small flight of rusted metal steps. Walking up to the door you knock three times and wait ... and wait for what seems to be an hour before the metal door finally slides into the wall allowing access into the room beyond.

What you see is a rather bland room, most of it taken up by a massive line of lockers, metal fencing, bins, and such welded and forged into a solid wall along three sides of the room. The only openings in it are a small hatch to deposit your cash, and retrieve whatever it is you want to buy. The other opening is a thick steel door along the wall to your left with a grizzled man in a jet black trench coat sitting on a seat nearby, the rifle beside him nearly twice as tall as him and the barrel the size of a small tank cannon. Giving you a quick look over he nods, apparently recognizing him as he presses a small blue button set into the wall.

A woman's voice comes over an intercom built into the ceiling,

"Hello Robert, how can I help you?"

Jack Hansan (Tavik Toth)

~ No Action ~

Deniard Wilkins (Spinal_Taper)

Your small bit of scavenging done you make your way out of the base, pausing for a moment in puzzlement as the hideout's door opens way before you get there only to see Isara walk in. You give her a slight nod and hurry along down the sewers towards the hatch that will take you to the surface. You ignore the sights of poverty as you make your way out of the sewers and into the alleyways, its a common sight to you now and there isn't anything to do about it. Shaking your head you weave through the throng of people walking along the main street as you head towards a large square between the city's massive towers that contains this district's marketplace. The bustle of the crowd around you is the day to day occurrence here where stalls are set up, most hacked together from lose wood and scraps of metal though some being like miniature stores for the richer merchants who find it a good idea to come out here.

Its at one of those small inclosed stalls, the man you knew to be a trustworthy trader in regards to various practical crafts, you stop and begin to browse over the wars available to you ...

Code: (Shop Inventory) [Select]
Materials
-----------
Scrap Metal - Available Units: 500 ; Cost: 3 Credits per Unit
Leather - Available Units: 250 ; Cost: 6 Credits per Unit
Electronic Parts - Available Units: 500 ; Cost: 5 Credits per Unit
Computers - Available Units: 100 ; Cost: 10 Credits per Unit
Scrap Wood - Available Units: 1000 ; Cost: 1 Credit per Unit
Metal Plates - Available Units: 100 ; Cost: 5 Credits per Unit

Tools
-----------

Basic Tools - Available: 20 ; Cost: 25 Credits
Advanced Tools - Available: 10 ; Cost: 50 Credits
Metalworking Implements - Available: 5 ; Cost: 50 Credits
Apprentice Gunsmith Tools - Available: 1 ; Cost: 75 Credits
Carpenter's Tools - Available: 10 ; Cost: 35 Credits

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 03:19:01 pm by adwarf »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Deniard looked down at his armor.
It's good, but I might want something a little bit tougher... And less gaudy
With that, he headed for the marketplace, on the lookout for scrap metal, leather and artificial armor fabrics.
((Yup. Armored stealth jumpsuit.))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deniard looked down at his armor.
It's good, but I might want something a little bit tougher... And less gaudy
With that, he headed for the marketplace, on the lookout for scrap metal, leather and artificial armor fabrics.
((Yup. Armored stealth jumpsuit.))
.... DARN YOU FIREFOX EATING RANDOM SECTIONS OF TEXT, fixing it now.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18