Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Crossing the Bright Void 2 - A Space Pirate RTD: Sieging a Space Station  (Read 24789 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Crossing the Bright Void 2 - A Space Pirate RTD: Sieging a Space Station
« Reply #225 on: October 21, 2013, 12:33:22 pm »

This appears to be some sort of supply room. And the wall's are reinforced Durasteel, so we're not getting through that.

Then again, that Trolley could come in handy.

Examine the ammunition crates. If they contain fairly High explosives take them, otherwise, construct mobile cover using those food and other nonvolatile crates.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 01:09:12 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 21, 2013, 12:34:44 pm »

"So much stuff..."

Help Robert.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crossing the Bright Void 2 - A Space Pirate RTD: Sieging a Space Station
« Reply #227 on: October 21, 2013, 02:25:19 pm »

Miniturn
Durand Mondegan (Caellath)
When you volunteer for the worst assignment the man laughs, and mumbles something under his breath before turning and yelling down at some of the engineers below in a gruff shortened speech you take is used to make giving orders easier. Shortly after two workers walk up to your group, one of them you notice has a missing eye and only his right arm while the other is a short stooped fellow that vaguely resembles a rat. The one armed fellow leads those heading for the maintenance tunnels back down the hallway you all came from and around a corner not five feet down the hallway. The rat looking fellow takes the trio heading for the repair tramways and head back down into the mass of machines and workers below, as you watch them leave you realize the man even appears to scurry from time to time.

The overseer fellow hacks onto the floor again as he turns on the spot and begins to stamp off down a nearby walkway, you quickly follow him and the man starts to talk over his shoulder.

"You rookies, always thinking you know whats best for ya, and what not but let me tell you right now. You keep up with this charade and you're gonna get yourself killed, theres things on this station that don't wanna be found and your best leaving em be, and you will if you know whats good for ya. Any way, once we get there I'm gonna open the tramway blast doors, and you can go poking around inside about five feet, when your done just turn around and walk back out. We'll act like you went in, you'll get a bit of reputation for bravery, and you'll get to keep your head on your shoulders."

As he finishes you swear you here him mumble something about stuck up pretty boys, and falls silent as the walkway ends, leading the two of you into a rather wide corridor that looks like it could have twelve people walk through it side by side. You pass a number of intersecting corridors but the overseer fellow ignores them all and keeps following the one you're in till it comes to a sudden turn to the left. Rounding the corner you see the hallway open up to either side to reveal a chamber with a set of massive blast doors, nearly the same width so the hallway and almost three times your height, set into the wall with a single pale grey panel built in next to it. The overseer pulls a few things from his pocket as he walks over to the console, a ridged key about the size of your hand, a deep blue plastic card with micro-wiring running across the back, and a short snub-nosed pistol which he lays on the console as he begins his work.

"You need this key and a valid pass-card to open these damn blast doors and every other entrance into the emergency railway, in all honesty I don't know why they keep security so tight for getting in when they should keep things from getting ..."

You ignore the rest of his words as you contemplate what to do, you need the key and that pass-card but how to handle this ...

Spoiler: Durand's Status (click to show/hide)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 22, 2013, 07:57:04 pm »

"...If we're meeting anymore soldiers, take me hostage. Send them this way, and get the others in a safer position to ambush and disable them. Maybe...given your outfit, we may slip through their lines."
"Sounds good. But, make sure you go and hide that gun and knife of yours."
Keep an eye out. If a soldier shows up, quickly pretend to take Isara hostage.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 22, 2013, 09:10:43 pm »

((Do soldiers also get those pass-cards or is it something specific?))

"Suppose you are not lending me the key, then." Durand comments as he watches the old man work, faking mild interest in whatever the geezer was doing at the time. He smiles and begins talking with confidence, trying to convince the ancient creature to relinquish the items he'd need for his misison. "I was not joking when I said I'm taking the worst job. Whatever this place has, I faced worse before being recruited."

Try to reason with old man, probe ground.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 23, 2013, 02:22:22 pm »

((Do soldiers also get those pass-cards or is it something specific?))
Its a card that only overseers, and high ranked soldiers get since you can tell from the micro-wiring, its a bright array of gold spider-webbing around the card, that its not something of trifling value.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crossing the Bright Void 2 - A Space Pirate RTD: Sieging a Space Station
« Reply #231 on: October 23, 2013, 06:17:27 pm »

Miniturn
The man turns around, and gives you a strange look as he replies back,

"I took part in the Purification Wars1 fifteen years ago, there ain't much that scares a man after he's stared down a horde of the Swarm's sick twisted bio-terrors2 and lived to tell about it. When I say there is something in there you don't wanna find it I meant it ..."

He cuts off for a moment before turning back to the console and continuing his work,

"We tried our best during the War, I can't tell you how many planets we cracked3 because there was no other way to cleanse the Swarm without sacrificing millions down on the ground to batter it back inch by inch. Thats why I'm sad to say, even with our efforts the Swarm is still out there, the Hivemind died fighting Hope and the Saviors4 surely enough but the remnants of the Swarm that remained learned to think. They are anything but mindless beasts by now however they're still the same horrendous bio-terrors they used to be, just more primal, more ravenous.

When I say there are things you don't wanna see I meant them, not many stations of this size can boast about not having a single of the bio-terrors on them, most of those that do are lying out their arse and have never seen a bio-terror in their lives."

After that the old man falls into a half-silence as he sticks to working at the keypad and murmuring under his breath, at one point he actually kicks the console out of frustration.

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 09:15:32 am by adwarf »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 26, 2013, 09:02:53 am »

"Let us make a deal, then." Durand does not enjoy dirtying his hands when possible - specially if there isn't a piece of archeotech on the line - but the situation seems to warrant some bravado... And actual combat. "You let me in and wait a little. I will bring you the corpse of the first thing I kill and in return you will actually lend me the card and key. I have a duty and I will see it through - weren't you the one complaining about unbloodied recruits?"

Try to strike an offer.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 17, 2013, 04:01:18 pm »

Miniturn
You present your deal to the man, and he pauses for a moment carefully considering your offer as he strokes at the scraggly beard on his face seemingly fighting an internal struggle. The man mutters a curse under his breath before tapping one of the buttons on the console triggering the blast doors in the process, turning to you as the massive doors grind open he replies,

"I don't like it much, but I'll accept your deal, bring back the first thing you kill and if you get here alive and intact I'll let you have the key and pass-card then. We surely need the place cleaned out a bit and if you can do it why the hell not?"

The man cuts off hacking violently for a few moments before looking back at you and motioning for you to head inside as he draws the gun at his hip, and checks it over to ensure its in working order. Hefting your Assault Rifle and sweeping the entrance you make your way into the tunnel beyond, looking around you see the main branch heads straight on for some distance before opening into a rather massive tunnel with rails laid down throughout it. Off to your left two tunnels branch off, one is labelled 'Maintenance' and the other has a small railway of its own and is labelled 'Resupply', the Maintenance tunnel on the left is mirrored on the right. Where do you go?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 18, 2013, 01:09:00 pm »

More interested in getting something ventilated to get the old man's trust for the moment than exploring, Durand begins to carefully walk forward and into one of the tunnels, eyes and ears focused on the area around him. There's an instant of hesitation as he recalls the fact very old installations may have valuable pieces of antique equipment forgotten amidst rubble or inside the nest of beasts, though that thought does not last. He is not sure that would be the case and dreaming about ancient tech instead of paying attention to his surroundings may only get him in pieces.

Right side maintenance tunnel. Look for something ugly to kill.
>Yes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 22, 2013, 07:46:43 pm »

Miniturn

Your gun clasped firmly in your hands you take the right tunnel, the dull grey hallway dimly lit by the sparse strip lights running along the top casting the entire place into a pseudo moonlit night. As you progress down the tunnel you begin to get a growing feeling that something is watching you, but every time you look back down the corridor you find nothing, soon after the feeling reaches an almost paranoia state you emerge into a round room scattered with trash, and partially disassembled or destroyed tech. A sudden movement catches your eye and you spin around to level your rifle at a humanoid figure wrapped from head to toe in rags and a threadbare cloak, as you begin to pull the trigger the thing screams out in a crude form of Common,

"Wait, wait human thing! I mean no harm, peace I want, peace I want! Life for trinkets, life for information, me want to keep life!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 23, 2013, 10:42:13 am »

Durand puts his finger to the side of the trigger, raising an eyebrow and keeping his composure even after the humanoid whatever-it-is had almost caused an "accident". "Never again creep upon an armed man." he says graciously, deciding the offer seems reasonable and attractive enough - trinkets and information are two of his top priorities, of course.

"First, what trinkets are we talking about? Second, is there any vicious beast nearby I could kill? I am sure that would be a mutually beneficial deal." The young man spends a time in silence before repeating it in simpler terms just in case: "Any beasties around? I could help."

Almost irrecusable deal, go.
>Yes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 25, 2013, 04:21:28 pm »

Today marks one year since I started up this thread, and began running this wonderful game, I've had a lot of fun so far and plan to keep this running for quite a while assuming interest in it stays up of course. Actual progress in the game has been rather small due to my rather slow update speed, and numerous hiatuses from GMing this, and I apologize for all the delays or extremely long waits between updates, I'm working towards updating more regularly and making some progress thankfully. I'm nowhere near as fast on updating as I should be, and I'm grateful to you guys who keep up with this, and play it despite that. In essence what I'm trying to say is thanks to all of my players, those who wait listed or displayed interest in this, and any followers of this other then those (if there are any of course :P).

Happy one year anniversary thread, and players :) you each will be receive a gift of five hundred credits that will be deposited in your homes for you to pickup upon completion of this mission. On top of that I'll work harder to update more frequently, thanks to all of you for making this so much fun for me to run :D

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 25, 2013, 04:31:22 pm »

Your welcome and no problem!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 25, 2013, 05:33:29 pm »

On top of that I'll work harder to update more frequently, thanks to all of you for making this so much fun for me to run :D
:))

It was very fun adwarf!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18