Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 992501 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #6420 on: July 13, 2013, 06:31:13 pm »

A guy made of stone doesn't really care about his lungs, unless you force his tatoo off.  I don't think smashing a stone guy with a bunch of air in an implosion would work well either, although it does remind me of this.

And yes, you could make anything fly, but it would almost certainly be a rougher flight than direct control.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #6421 on: July 13, 2013, 06:38:39 pm »

I actually couldnt grow fungus whenever- I needed to already have some, to provide spores. When I went into the basement, the second time, it was to retrieve the fungus I's left there earlier. In terms of zentol, don't allow him to create rifts. Piecewise never allowed us to create energy elements, even when we had control over them.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 06:41:10 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: July 13, 2013, 06:57:52 pm »

I actually couldnt grow fungus whenever- I needed to already have some, to provide spores. When I went into the basement, the second time, it was to retrieve the fungus I's left there earlier. In terms of zentol, don't allow him to create rifts. Piecewise never allowed us to create energy elements, even when we had control over them.

I figured that was so you couldn't just spawn a black hole, or fire on someone.  That's why I'm making rifts take a whole turn- if he tries to use it in combat, he'll get suckerpunched.  Combined with random things coming out (And I'll limit it to creatures), it's actually harder to get than fungus.  Fungus just needs a starter, which isn't hard to get.

Plus, if he fails a will roll to control whatever comes out, he'll be torn into messy bits. :D

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6423 on: July 13, 2013, 07:24:53 pm »

...Physical equipment would be impossible...
There's the solid word. You can just start creating solid air (or better yet, create a cannon that fires solid air) and build all your things out of solid air.

Anyway, if you're looking for the most powerful spell, make a staff of life-force control and simply suck the life out of people.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: July 13, 2013, 07:29:56 pm »

You know, I always wondered what might of happened if one made a sapience control object. Would it become sapient but under your control, or function as a makeshift Scarlon mask?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6426 on: July 13, 2013, 07:41:24 pm »

You can always send a PM to piecewise and hear his opinion. He said he'd be glad to help if you need any.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6427 on: July 13, 2013, 10:17:04 pm »

This turn: Three people entered the basement.  One got hit HARD by a Automaton metalsmith, turning his right arm into hamburger, tossing him across the room, breaking his skull, and knocking him unconcious.  That was the Scarlon guy.  The other two are flux people.  The first got a chrome hopper which they ran circles around, but couldn't hurt due to it being made of metal (And a nat 6 for endurance) while being punched with raw fists, and the second got a giant snake, which due to a 6 str roll coiled around him and is pretty much gonna kill him next turn.

Down in the village, last turn a guy got one hit killed by a ghoul, so his caster buddy ran away... into two unarmed villagers.  Back in the temple, lovecraft guy nearly got ate by one of his experiments with his new powers.

Before this, the only violence was someone dropping a gold brick on the scarlon guy, and the ghoul stabbing the other guy.  But suddenly this turn the rolls conspired against the players- seriously, the guy who got hit by the snake rolled a 1+2+2+1 for dodge!  And then a 1-1 for endurance!

The RNG reaaally hates my players it seems.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6428 on: July 13, 2013, 11:11:00 pm »

Mm, hamburger. Wait, not the sandwich, an approximation of the meat, aka ground beef. Ew.

Maybe you should get new dice.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: July 14, 2013, 11:24:54 pm »

I figured that was so you couldn't just spawn a black hole, or fire on someone.  That's why I'm making rifts take a whole turn- if he tries to use it in combat, he'll get suckerpunched.  Combined with random things coming out (And I'll limit it to creatures), it's actually harder to get than fungus.  Fungus just needs a starter, which isn't hard to get.

Plus, if he fails a will roll to control whatever comes out, he'll be torn into messy bits. :D

When I had Gastropit control I could only control grastropit that I summoned if that helps with how it could work
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6431 on: July 15, 2013, 10:11:17 am »

My two cents about this:

Unless the zentol guy is wielding some massive will bonuses (like angle was) it should only be a matter of time till he rolls low and the thing back fires on him. And Zentol should backfire a lot harder then sand or something mundane.

Further, Nul-sheal, at least in my version, didn't let you pull elements out of nowhere (least not till later). Angle got away with it because fungus can naturally grow, but wwolin didn't pull gold out of nothing. Make the guy actually have to say Zentol and then manipulate it, if you're still worried about him being over powered.

Oh and it's not on there; but the reason why that basement room in the temple has enemies-those specific ones- is because the back wall opens up to a passage that leads down into the mountain and eventually to the massive foundries and forges of one of the sealers: Lord Bacrael.  Of course, to open it they'll need to throw fire on that one particular section of the wall...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: July 15, 2013, 10:29:55 am »

Did you ever get around to the second half of that retrospective?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:47:03 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6433 on: July 15, 2013, 11:06:54 am »

Did you ever get around to the second half of that retrospective?

I could still do that, if anyone is interested. I'd have to think on it for a bit though, since with that many people a lot of it was a blur.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6434 on: July 15, 2013, 11:29:03 am »

I would be interested.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 435