Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 992036 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #6300 on: July 03, 2013, 10:21:14 am »

How could we have forgotten the ICELANDIC DEATH METAL BEAR?
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6301 on: July 03, 2013, 11:05:31 am »

Xxecesic Balethe Karenthar!
So waaaay back then I actually casted " Repel Right Leg Flesh? "
Spoiler: Result (click to show/hide)
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6302 on: July 03, 2013, 11:09:27 am »

-copying, copying, copied- Now to figure out a new sourcebook for 3.5e with this wonderful little system. Time for that long held tradition of Traditional RPGs that is taking as much out of the hands of the DM as possible and strapping it to tables, sweet, sweet tables. I'll see if I can post it up here when I finish with it, but I'm probably going to enjoy the next week or so of writing it.

Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6303 on: July 03, 2013, 11:48:50 am »

I turned my head into a golden lizard. Beat that!
Theres a dude who converted his lungs into kittens.
Disqualified because his lungs aren't his head.

-copying, copying, copied- Now to figure out a new sourcebook for 3.5e with this wonderful little system. Time for that long held tradition of Traditional RPGs that is taking as much out of the hands of the DM as possible and strapping it to tables, sweet, sweet tables. I'll see if I can post it up here when I finish with it, but I'm probably going to enjoy the next week or so of writing it.
If you ever figure it out, let me know. It sounds !!interesting!!...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6304 on: July 03, 2013, 12:50:40 pm »

By "Reassign" I mean the words mean different things.  Previously "Dorbaelo" meant "Mark item in right hand", whereas now it means "Tatoo right hand".  It's just a coincidence that it still involves the right hand.  I don't think the rune images really correspond to anything, so they've been reassigned in the same manner.  The circles are a problem but I'll just have to suffer that if someone cheats. 

Also, I'm not going to run a game for B12.  Maybe later, if people really want me to and this game goes well.  I was going to run a game for a group of friends outside of B12, and was just re-arranging words so they couldn't just google stuff.

I think we should certainly have an online document of some sort for the language, specific meanings for words, ect.  Heck, if we go with the below idea, it would really have the entire culture, and any myths that come about during play.

Anyways, I propose we also implement a bit of a religion.  The highest patron god would be Piecewise, of course, then below him would be the eight gods we have in this game, and below them would be all the players as patron saints of stuff.  Not characters, players, like myself and "The Great Golden Wyrm".  Then Zentol would sorta be outside this, meaning the very personification of magic.

If this is a RP'ing game, we could develop myths as we play- a character just preaches to someone about the day the great Toaster attacked the warship of Xanmyral and... The other sky pirate guy (sorry!).  And then that's written into our lore.

Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6305 on: July 03, 2013, 12:53:09 pm »

What would I be patron of, not that I probably don't already know?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6307 on: July 03, 2013, 01:00:57 pm »

What would I be patron of, not that I probably don't already know?
Destruction.

The Aether Pantheon's top three gods would probably be The Great Golden Wyrm, The Jew of Onyx*, and Wwolin since Onyxjew, Wwolin, and myself were the first three to form the alliance that turned into Science Team Aether.
*Hopefully not sounding...religionist? Is it still racism when it's against Jews?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6308 on: July 03, 2013, 01:02:33 pm »

You merely formed the alliance, I turned us into aether. Before I came along you were just a ragtag bunch of tinkerers.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6309 on: July 03, 2013, 01:03:48 pm »

Derm the Destroyer would be important, too.

Like the Thor to our Odin--not the leader, but awesome, famous, and a few centuries later he's the one that gets turned into a comic book.
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6310 on: July 03, 2013, 01:04:35 pm »

I can dig it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6311 on: July 03, 2013, 03:37:18 pm »

Wait, what did Derm really destroy in his whole playtime? I think he was busier being... constructive, oddly enough. I think GWG engaged in more deliberate homicide than he did, and GWG was hardly even here for much of the later time.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6312 on: July 03, 2013, 03:39:04 pm »

Indeed. I think that one of the big myths about the Great Golden Wyrm will be the time the other gods froze him in time, stripped him naked, and leaned him against a wall.
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6313 on: July 03, 2013, 03:43:05 pm »

Remember that plan I said a page or two ago, where I was going to turn myself into a big honkin' steel-clockwork dragon?

Shit would have gone down.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6314 on: July 03, 2013, 03:44:30 pm »

Personally I'm still rather surprised the Sky Pirates are mentioned much, we were just two guys who goofed around with flying ships, insane plans, and a short musical sequence to try (and fail) to woo a deity.

I am kinda curious as to what woulda happened to Glassco if he kept trying to lift the ship up by himself, because damn if that didn't sound awesomely intense him lifting who knows how much diamond into the air with nothing but his mind. Probably death by brain aneurism I'm guessing.
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 435