Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 992001 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #6270 on: July 02, 2013, 10:47:24 pm »

Reassign them?

But that brings up an idea: A phonetic alphabet, with each rune representing a sound, chosen by looking at the words each rune roughly corresponds to.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: July 02, 2013, 10:50:55 pm »

I too have ideas and plans, as well as eventually making a pastefile or editable google doc, for the language idea but right now I'm too tired to peruse such so that's left off for tomorrow.

For plurals, I suggest adding the many word. If there are words that aren't used, like 'the' or whatever, just ignore them, the meaning should still get across well enough. We can work around verbs with clever word usage I think, like [word for you] [word for mace] [word for other guy] [head] would be pretty understandable as asking for you to mace some guy's head in.

Concepts will probably take us the farthest with how malleable they are.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: July 02, 2013, 10:53:20 pm »

Reassign them? The positioning of the runes, what it looks like and whats in them plays a direct part in what goes on there. You can't really change them in any significant sense.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: July 02, 2013, 10:55:01 pm »

I'm not entirely certain what he has planned, or what you're talking about.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: July 02, 2013, 10:57:06 pm »

Syvarris rearranging the words for a new round of perplexicon.

How is he going to stop us from immediantly knowing all of the A-list runes?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6275 on: July 02, 2013, 10:58:43 pm »

Same way her stops us from immediately knowing all the Page 1 words?
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6276 on: July 02, 2013, 11:02:24 pm »

No, the A-list runes have images to go with them. very important images. the words can just get reassigned yes, but for the A-list runes the images are really closely related to how they function.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6277 on: July 02, 2013, 11:04:30 pm »

*checks the list*
Oh, right, the circles. Yeah, he'll have to figure something out. Maybe making entirely new functions. Who knows?
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6278 on: July 02, 2013, 11:05:18 pm »

Also GWG half the time your avatar just entirely disappears, might wanna do something about that.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: July 02, 2013, 11:13:52 pm »

Yeah, I've noticed that too, always figured it was my internet futzing up though. Guess if other see it, you might have a blank in your rotation.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6280 on: July 02, 2013, 11:14:14 pm »

Also GWG half the time your avatar just entirely disappears, might wanna do something about that.
I haven't ever seen it disappear. Weird.
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6281 on: July 02, 2013, 11:19:02 pm »

It might just be cached in your computer but unavailable for others.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6282 on: July 02, 2013, 11:25:34 pm »

I just read the god files, and suddenly realised that the god I was following was utterly USELESS for me unless I knew exactly what all the circles and runes did and could apply them in useful ways in combat.

I should have gone with Blastel or Scarlon...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: July 02, 2013, 11:29:34 pm »

It might just be cached in your computer but unavailable for others.
I'm not entirely certain how or if that would work.
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6284 on: July 02, 2013, 11:31:05 pm »

No I mean that might be a cause for your problem. The image is stored in your computer so it shows up to you but for us we;d have to get a 'fresh copy' and the site your avatar comes from doesnt like hotlinking.
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 435