Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 992233 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #6150 on: June 27, 2013, 10:13:34 am »

Zentol is so limited.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6151 on: June 27, 2013, 10:18:43 am »

Happy Birthday Piecewise!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6152 on: June 27, 2013, 11:02:09 am »

Happy birthday, PW!

I agree with the Zentol gang.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6153 on: June 27, 2013, 11:04:34 am »

Happy birthday, PW!

I agree with the Zentol gang.
Ditto, on both sentiments.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #6154 on: June 27, 2013, 01:48:53 pm »

Happy B-day!
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: June 27, 2013, 03:13:33 pm »

Edit: Even better idea: if 3 uses a non-word system, Piecewise gives us the meaning of all the perplexicon words and we speak that language as a code.

Example:
"Cycallozozion (Enemy?) Halthel Halthel Halthel!" Three enemy men where I am staring!
"Halthel, Shael Gastorpit." Man, your breath stinks.
I think I mentioned I had the idea of doing this, but was worried about how I wouldn't be able to prevent the spell effects from coming about. If we use a different system however, then that doesn't matter, thus this becomes valid! Yes!

This has my vote, and if you guys will take a "I AM THE LAW" kind of character in the gang then you got this unmagical stick swinger at your back.

I say 'no' to Aether gang though, has to be something... Different. Something unpartial. Zentol doesn't sound too bad, but sounds, eh, kinda flat. Needs some flair in my opinion. Zentol's/lian Zymurgy? Zentol's/lian Zombies? Zentol's/lian 'Zerkers?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6156 on: June 27, 2013, 03:20:43 pm »

Here's the much overdue post. I am almost certain I missed someone somewhere.

Hmmph im a idiot. Oh well atleast here i can try to make something helpful.

Say as many of the words i PMed you before as i can, then go back and dont let them get into the basement. (Fight them both with whatever i get if its good, else continue to run away though any exit that isnt the same as they re coming off from)

OOC: As i said, IM NOT DEAD YET!!!

Also, what does the Flux Power Become Mercury mean? I can transform myself onto mercury at any time?
I can't find the old pm. At least not all of it. So we'll just have you run over and block the stairway down for now. Not exactly sure thats a great idea considering you have a stick and the other guy has blood forged weapons of the gods...but hey, your funeral.

magickery and self empowerment.
Well the fire we can handle
[pot:2+1]
Well, at least we could try it. But that other thing, thats a problem. If you remember, the buildings in this village are literally carved into the face of the mountain; like so
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
, along the switchback path. So there's no real getting around them or behind them.

Not that it matters. You should check to see how long it's been since that thing has moved. I think it may be gone, if you catch my drift.

"Oh come on you"*grabs Mr mace fists*"He went this way"
Lead Mr Mace fists to the courtyard, stay in the anti-magic zone
You grab Mr.macefists and lead him down stairs. You're about to head out toward the court yard when you see mr.ironrod standing on the stairs down toward the basement.

"Oh, there you are. Well, this makes things easier."

You push Mr.macefists towards him.

"Go get'em!"

((Sarzael, the "mercury thing" means when you get a natural roll of 5 on speed or dodge, you turn to mercury for that action.))
"Hmm, I must have said that wrong."
Try that spell again.  Then (even if it fails) go upstairs and ask the Lore-Monk a question.

((Are summoning circles any circle that summons something or just particular circles?))
It's a particular set of circles. I think you can probably guess which. (Hint, it's the first 5)

[pot:1]
[end:2]
Your right leg tears itself free and hops away. You collapse in place, cursing the mischievous gods and their sarcastic dice.

Attempt to get it off me. Then attempt to pin it to the ground and break off one of it's remaining limbs and stab it to death with it.

[Spd:3+2]
[Gs spd: 6]
The Gloomstrider, rather perturbed about the fact that you just literally sucked the life out of one of it's limbs, decides it would no longer like to fuck with you. It leaps off and skitters away, up a tree and into the darkness.

"GET BACK HERE AN LET ME SUCK YOUR SOUL!"

"I... don't think I'll be trying that again any time soon. I wonder if there's a way to teleport with circles..?"
Rune Materials Science!
B20, B22, B23, and B24.
[pot:3,4,3,4,+1 all]
Wood, cement, glass and magma. The last one melts/burns all the rest. Convenient.

Try again to make that tattoo! It's got to work this time!
I can't find your previous pm. Or a current one. Remember, always resend or restate words. I usually have 2-3 pages worth of pms and between 30 and 60 thread posts per turn, so shit gets lost if you don't.

Go out in search of mobs to murder for delicious points. Don't stop until one is found. If there are obstacles, go around them. The direction doesn't matter at all. If mobs are found or I am attacked, strike back by forming orbiting steel spheres into daggers and send them flying into presumably vital organs or faces with willpower.

Hmmm...well, lets say you get on out to...the forest! And....The pillars of the sky area. And lets roll up an encounter...

You encounter a Water Bear! It's a bear! Made of water! You doubt that metal orbs will effect it!

OH DEAR.

Look at surroundings
Try to find my way back to the shipyard, then back to the forest.
Look for something to kill inside forest.
WORDS

Heh, you make it through exactly two areas before being confronted with something. It's a Seaside Stalker A velociraptor crossed with a lobster/krill. About the size of a man, but hunched and covered in dark blue carapace. Runs on 8 skittering legs and the entire front of its body is covered in stabbing, mantis like legs.

[pot:2+1]
You summon  tiny crystal torso. Well...alright! Thats a thing, I guess.

Silica walks back to the edge of the anti-magic area she was previously in.
If Corsair is with her, Silica places her right palm on him and says <words> before giving him the vacuum gun.

"A final, highly dangerous, highly experimental piece. Aim this as far away as possible and use only when other options fail. By the way, when you have time, can you please test the energy blade's trigger while aiming away from everyone? I still need some data on that unit."

Then, regardless of whether Corsair followed her or not, Silica walks into the anti-magic zone and continues walking to the area with the monks in it.

Spoiler: Silica's Catalogue (click to show/hide)

Corsair isn't with ya, silly. He's over there, goading two people into a fight to the death. Not that they really need much help; they seem very willing to do it all on their own. Oh well, you can give him the cannon in passing, at least. You hand it off as you head up stairs to the monks.

It was Vakothu, but he died, so you're out now. Too bad. I really wanted to see what that thing was going to do. You think it was the Other or just a gatekeeper?

Disregard my PM. Go to Sarzael and cast Zorhalth at him. Repeatedly. After the battle, make my way to the barman and get a soul container and then go to the sea path. Keep casting Zorhalth along the way so as to farm god favor.

((Potency boosting words! Yeah baby! Doctor Octogonapus: Now with only a 3% chance of spell failure when not using fire!))

[Well, seems Corsair doesn't wanna talk, so I'll get to my action.]

"Ally Aldit, glad to see you're well, and good timing! You get to see me SMITE THIS MAN FOR HIS IMPUDENCE!" Jarvis jabbed a finger towards the hooded man who had assaulted Aldit. Seeing the small man wishing to say some words outside the anti-magic field, he moves so and allows him to. Whatever the result of Aldit's words, the man will nod. "I thank you for your words, staunch ally. BUT NOW I MUST TURN THIS PUNY EXCUSE FOR A MAN INTO MUSH! YOUR TREACHERY IS AT AN END!" Jarvis shouted as he charged the man who had assaulted Aldit, going for a kicking frenzy from the looks of it.
[xan spd:5+2]
[sar spd: 5+1]
[xan dex:5+1]
[Xan str:5+2]
[sar spd:4+1+1]
Jarvis, on seeing his new, bitter rival, proceeds to leap up on the banister and do a spinning roundhouse kick into Mr.ironrod's skull, putting the point of his boot straight into the man's temple.  Sarassh's head bursts  and sprays across the stairs. Unfortunately for jarvis, it bursts into silvery metallic droplets that then flow back across the ground into Sarassh's body as he  reforms, changing from mercury back into flesh.

Doc Oct runs in just in time to watch a molten Sarassh slither down the stairs toward the basement.

"Well...thats a thing."

Ah. So were all at the courtyard?

QUickly, do things!
[pot:5]
A massive aura of distortion dust explodes around you. You grin like a maniac and immediately charge toward the other person who just got punted out of the land of booze and death.

[nahere aware:5-1]
Nahere notices you coming!
[nahere spd:4+1]
[spd:5]
He runs in the exact opposite direction of you and manages to stay just ahead of you. Your aura fades after a bit.

Did you up the quality of your descriptions?  They feel like they came straight out of a MUD/text adventure now- nice.

Hmmm... oh, let's try the smoke.  Probably something interesting there.

Head west to the smoke.
Oh, I have a big list of descriptions for each area. But I rarely post them after someone initially enters. I can start posting them for every person when they enter a new area, if everyone would like.

Someone has made camp here just off the path.
A fire pit, mostly burnt down but still smoldering, and a pile of branches for fuel sit next to an adhoc bed of leaves and moss.
The bones of some creature you don't recognize lay near the fire, most of the meat picked off them.
Just beyond the camp the path splits again, one branch going south and the other continuing West.
The south path heads off into a cluster of trees so closely grown together that you can not see what awaits you. However, a rather sickeningly sweet smell is coming from that direction.
The West path looks like it passes by an enormous stone or overturned tree, you cannot tell from here.

There's a man with a shaved head and a long black coat digging around in the undergrowth a few feet away.

"Dang-nam-mit!"
"Maybe I should try something similar to my original approch, why not! Why? I don't even know! Seems like a scienc-y idea!"

WORDS!

((New, not-real words are fun, also @PW, I know this game is a huge strain on your brain-cage, but I had some more turn in there... But a huge thanks for the magic advice!))
(I'm gonna assume you meant "Appear in hand" rather then "Mark what you're touching")

[pot:6+1]
Your science victim rapidly pales, grows thinner and more haggard and then collapses to the ground with a sound like the last drops of liquid in a glass being sucked through a straw.

[pot:5+1]
Well, that circle costs 2 points to inscribe so you get the A, B and C parts done but not the E. This one also doesn't work with only one of them.

"Dammit."
Say WORLD ENDING WORDS.
ZENTOL DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR WISHES!

But it does fix the fact that you're slow and weak. It does this via tearing your limbs off and replacing them.

Assumning wrist is slit, run outside and yell 'Rothon'  pointing hands in a random non person direction. Also not at myself. then say 'Cainthalsaz', same conditions apply.
[pot:5,5]
Well, thats electricity and arcane energy, but I'm not really sure what you're talking about with the wrists.

Now that I'm actually figuring out what to cast, I don't really know what to do with my massive pool... :P

Walk outside the temple and say words.  All of them.  Wear the results. EDIT: Also test the properties of my new body.  Do I still need to breath?  Do I tire?  Is my flesh more resilient than normal?  Do I bleed? Ect.    Then go grab the light crossbow from Empiricist, and finally wander down the cliff path away from the temple.

Empiricist, is there any decent weapon you'd like tested/would just give away?  Could I have it?  My first stat point will be going into dex, so I'll have a +1 to dex rolls shortly.

Piecewise, What does otherflesh look like?  I've pretty much been imagining it as Synthflesh.
(Otherflesh is pretty much solid black, but otherwise rather normal looking. Might sprout the occasional eye that appears and then vanishes. Or a little mouth that opens and snaps a few times before sinking back in.)
[pot:4+1,3+1,2+1]
One clockwork force field helmet
single use left hand fungus.
phantom image of...something?

Crossbow gotten.

Village homes traveled to.

Flesh: No advantages beyond simply being better then the original flesh; if only enough to make you average.

"Well, that was pathetic. I almost feel disappointed."

Zorhalth
[spd:6+1]
[am spd:3]
[pot:3+1]
You conjure plume of flame directly on the space the mantis occupies.
[am end:2]
It swells up and bursts like a popcorn kernel.

You gain a point.

Hmm. This could be interesting.
Say Zzers Harialltontal Adamenstiar Jubhal. Wonder if there is a word for horn or horns.
Meatshield? Meatshield. Also, would a horse let me get around faster? I figure that a horse is naturally faster than a human over long distances, so will travel be affected by my new mount? Assuming it succeeds, of course.
(Yeah, thats probably how it will work, just lower the chance of being attacked.)
[pot:4+1]
You successfully make a diamond horse statue. Oh good.

"Kill count, +1. Now, to the mausoleum!"

To the Mausoleum! Be on guard for traps.

You cross the field of blades and stop in front of the Grand Mausoleum.
The great stone building is obviously ancient and is completely coated in moss and vines, save for small patches of visible stone.
The iron doors that bar its entrance are heavily rusted, but you think you could open them, if you tried.

I cut my palm over Flux's basin, then head outside the building and say words, making sure I'm closest to Jarvis when I say them.
You get flux'd up but you can't use your words on jarvis, since he's still in the building and words don't seem to work 'round these parts.

Kin attempts to scratch the rune B9 with his free hand from his memory to the side of the tree.
You manage to carve the...well, you know, in the tree. The black hands tear the tree apart moments later and leave you with nothing but a few splinters and a new tattoo somehow burnt into your crystal, electric body.

Hit the lizard creature with a sporebomb in the face, then order my minions to spring in and melee it, while willing fungus to take root in it's lungs and consume it. If those don't work, will fungus to grow from the ground and block it's movement. If either of my minions is killed, will another one to form behind the lizard. Also jump around a lot, to make hitting em difficult.
[spd:2+3]
[basilisk spd:4]
Well...you assault the lizard with a barrage of fungi projectiles and minions. It goes great....except for the fact that they all seem to dissolve into ashen masses before ever coming close to the lizard itself. The Lizard swells like a frog about to croak.

Words.

Wait, thats three words. You only have 2 pool?

((Potency boosting words! Yeah baby! Doctor Octogonapus: Now with only a 3% chance of spell failure when not using fire!))
((OMG! Check QT, I'm making an offer to get that word!))

"OK... it seems safe... despite it's appearance."
Repeat the words I used last turn. After moving further away from the tiger a bit.

I can't find the words. Not in my inbox, not in the thread. But then again my internet is screwing up right now so that might be on my end.

Statuses
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxnnyehiamt9fsa/New%20perplexicon%20characters.txt?m

Now to look at all the rest of the talking going on here.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6157 on: June 27, 2013, 03:30:02 pm »

"Hello, stranger!  What can you tell me about these parts?"

Talk to the man.  If he attacks me, mentally dominate him and force him to kill himself.  If he acts weird or doesn't respond, go west.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:18:50 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6158 on: June 27, 2013, 03:49:38 pm »

Despite considering that perhaps a fight with a giant Tardigrade might be more worthwhile, Tod-4 still psyches himself up for the encounter.

"~Noble-creature-YOU-SHALL-BE-MY-FOE-TODAY!~"

Say Zeusha Kenthablaw Shaazeshelial while concentrating upon the Water Bear, imagining it as a wooden creature instead.

Spoiler: Tod-4 Status Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:26:52 pm by Harry Baldman »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6159 on: June 27, 2013, 03:56:46 pm »

"C'mere you!"

Me and the lizard charge in and attack!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6160 on: June 27, 2013, 04:10:03 pm »

[Weird, I get a +1 to attacking from Blastel? Awesome! What exactly does it apply to, just strength?]

[TEMPLE STAIRS]

"What." The large man with the funny plateaued hair simply asked nobody in particular as he saw his strike, otherwise the PEAK OF PERFECTION, fail. Because his opponent turned into mercury. A normal man would of been weirded out and wondered if he was seeing things. Jarvis? He shouted with a mixture of rage and joy (Possibly the only way he shouts, actually). "YES! A FOE WORTHY OF MY STRENGTH, WITH SLIPPERY TALENTS OF AVOIDANCE! FIGHT LIKE A TRUE MAN AND DIE BY MY FISTS, CHEAP STRIKER OF THE STEEL STAFF! YOU SHAN'T AVOID ME LONG, PROVE THIS FIGHT TO BE PROPERLY CHALLENGING AND YOUR DEATH SHALL BE MOST SWIFT! PREPARE TO SUFFER FOR YOUR CONTINUED IMPUDENCE!"

The large man with the metal, spiked knuckle fists and pointy metal boots charged after Sarassh, this time going for a mixture of both punches and kicks!

« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 04:11:50 pm by Xanmyral »

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: June 27, 2013, 04:39:45 pm »

Hrmph. Irritating.
Touch it, and say Hobitaeaod Dorbaelo. If that does not work, say Dorbaelo Hobitaeaod, also while touching it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 12:07:10 pm by ArchAIngel »

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: June 27, 2013, 04:44:08 pm »

Try to use my new arms to EAT SOMEONE'S LEGS OFF.Because really, what else do you do with OtherFlesh arms.
Repeat previous action, hope to become more all-powerful.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6163 on: June 27, 2013, 04:46:09 pm »

Awww. Well then..
Head off to the Carved Boulders. If I do not run into anything head off into the spooky looking area.

Spoiler: Stat Sheet (click to show/hide)
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: June 27, 2013, 04:57:44 pm »

Damn it, why do my limbs never want to stay attached…
Pick up the pieces of the fourth wall, then say PM words, and do PM stuff.
((Would writing in the air with blood work, or will blood summoning only take effect on a solid surface?))
((Are those the only 5 runes it works on, or are there more I don't know yet?))

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 11:44:31 pm by Vakothu »
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 435