Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 992702 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5640 on: June 11, 2013, 07:39:13 am »

Guys, we just have to pm the author when we want to cast an spell, but we dont want other people know the words, right?

Also:

I look at the metal staff that just appeared in front of me like if i just saw an ghost. I recover myself and give off a little smile, then i proceed to Grab the Staff. Once (If) accomplished, I walk towards Flux Altar, still following instinct.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 12:02:55 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5641 on: June 11, 2013, 07:40:00 am »

Or you could put the words here for some shared...yeah, PM the author.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5642 on: June 11, 2013, 07:47:33 am »

((Toaster: If my weapon prototype is summoned as intended, I might be able to create a suitable ranged weapon for you.))
((I'll pay you more to not sell it to him! Probably!))
((Firstly, I know how to make the weapon so I can just give one to you. Plus I owe it to Toaster for reasons that should become apparent if it works.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5643 on: June 11, 2013, 07:49:04 am »

A question, will Shareeb Shaazeshelial outright kill me, or may i be able to survive made out of steel? Atleast time enough as for me to convert myself back to flesh.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #5644 on: June 11, 2013, 07:53:03 am »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Do I wait for confirmation or just jump in?

If I just jump in:

'Well..... This is odd. And a book. Full of words. Although that tends to happen with books. well, let's see.......
Eight rooms around here. Einie meinie minie mo. Meh. That one sounds cool.

Look around. Go into the Parathun room.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 08:09:58 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5645 on: June 11, 2013, 07:56:07 am »

A question, will Shareeb Shaazeshelial outright kill me, or may i be able to survive made out of steel? Atleast time enough as for me to convert myself back to flesh.
((Unless you completely screw up, bodily transformations are things you will survive with full control on your body. However, some elements are inherently unstable. As Thrakor found out the hard way, having a body of electricity is vulnerable to discharging into conductors, Glassco was turned into a cube of arcane energy and he could still move and live though he died due to self-detonation when he committed suicide by ramming into the floor. Sanya turned herself into a bear and was quite functional as well. There are also, well, other traits that the Aether Science Cooperative is currently researching.))
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 07:57:45 am by Empiricist »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5646 on: June 11, 2013, 07:58:39 am »

((Toaster: If my weapon prototype is summoned as intended, I might be able to create a suitable ranged weapon for you.))
((I'll pay you more to not sell it to him! Probably!))
((Firstly, I know how to make the weapon so I can just give one to you. Plus I owe it to Toaster for reasons that should become apparent if it works.))
((I may not have been serious.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5647 on: June 11, 2013, 07:59:55 am »

((Sorry, it's sometimes hard for me to interpret jokes and sarcasm through a solely text-based medium))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5648 on: June 11, 2013, 08:05:58 am »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Do I wait for confirmation or just jump in?

If I just jump in:

'Well..... This is odd. And a book. Full of words. Although that tends to happen with books. well, let's see.......
Look around. Say -Rothon Shubha-.

You jump in directly. Also, you re in a magic proof zone. You must exit the temple or go to the basement (Probably we will cross if you do that) to do magic.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #5649 on: June 11, 2013, 08:07:26 am »

Oh, ok. Is there a map anywhere btw?
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5650 on: June 11, 2013, 08:15:06 am »

Wow. Not ridiculously aggressive? Amazing.
Walk around it, staying away from the light tentacles. If attacked, Garstopit four times. Or if too close for that, use my sword to kill it. If not attacked, say Adamenstiar Zzers Harialltontal Jubhal.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: June 11, 2013, 08:17:45 am »

Guys, we just have to pm the author when we want to cast an spell, but we dont want other people know the words, right?

Also:

I look at the metal staff that just appeared in front of me like if i just saw an ghost. I recover myself and give off a little smile, then i proceed to Grab the Staff. Once (If) accomplished, I walk towards Flux Altar, still following instinct.

You may want to bold your actions. Otherwise there is a non-zero (increasing with number of players, and currently rather sizable) chance that you will be missed entirely.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5652 on: June 11, 2013, 08:56:43 am »

Do the same for my other foot, substituting Shago-shal for the word for right foot. Then activate one and hover in place then deactivate it, to see it's effect.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5653 on: June 11, 2013, 09:47:20 am »

((Unless you completely screw up, bodily transformations are things you will survive with full control on your body. However, some elements are inherently unstable. As Thrakor found out the hard way, having a body of electricity is vulnerable to discharging into conductors, Glassco was turned into a cube of arcane energy and he could still move and live though he died due to self-detonation when he committed suicide by ramming into the floor. Sanya turned herself into a bear and was quite functional as well. There are also, well, other traits that the Aether Science Cooperative is currently researching.))

And if you transform yourself into alcohol?
And what if you transform just a part of the body (I guess you can do that) such as a hand into a liquid?

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: June 11, 2013, 09:51:46 am »

NAME: Bob the Destroyer
BACKSTORY: Lol convinced Bob that it was a great idea to go read this amazing book. Bob, after a few hours of Lol having been eaten, decided to read it.
Strength: 0
Endurance: 1
Speed: 1
Dexterity: 3
Awareness: 1
Potency:  1
Will: 1
Channeling: 2

Appear!
"Whelp, this is probably going to go horribly wrong, wherever I am. Hey, look!"
Time to go do STUFF!
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 435