Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 994579 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:99 failures, one amazing success.
« Reply #3900 on: April 08, 2013, 12:12:45 am »

"~What-a-strange-word.~"

More word-science.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: April 08, 2013, 12:39:07 am »

Well... let's explore this place! Let's hope for giant rats rather then crazy people.

Say "Dorbaelo Szaheeb" while touching the trapdoor just to farm some exp points for my god.

Then head down into the darkness and pick a random direction with "Eeny meeny miny moe"!
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: April 08, 2013, 03:22:57 am »

Words then kill whatever is left with sword
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: April 08, 2013, 03:55:08 am »

"That was a bit close for comfort. Is there a way to tame your new friend? I wouldn't want you losing control of him like you lost control of the airship."

((I'll pick the dark souls weapon after reading the wiki a bit.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: April 08, 2013, 04:50:03 am »

Noticing the people falling out of the sky, Silica says words.
((Sky-Pirates: I'm working on a controllable, levitation chain. I'll give it to you guys so you can survive more amusing stunts or, you know, grapple someone with it and get Sparky to electrify it. Are there any pieces of equipment you two would like? I'm running out of equipment ideas.))
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 05:08:49 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3905 on: April 08, 2013, 07:03:46 am »

((Sky-Pirates: I'm working on a controllable, levitation chain. I'll give it to you guys so you can survive more amusing stunts or, you know, grapple someone with it and get Sparky to electrify it. Are there any pieces of equipment you two would like? I'm running out of equipment ideas.))
((Why not make it a life jacket? Say "Plastic Cloth Breastplate Levitation Control" and you're done (the plastic is there to add the bright orange life jacket feel. Maybe use some ink to write the name of the ship on it. By the way, what IS the name of the ship?). And I sincerely wish you good luck with that plan. The sky-pirates are very fun and I'd like to see them continue their adventures. Plus, it would be very nice to have an airship to dock with our HQ.))
also does anyone know a good tank "shape" spell, all i have is cube, sphere, cylinder and wall... please for the love of god give me a trapezoid
((Why use shapes and not do something else? Use "Huge Clockwork Flesh Weird alien thingy Intelligent Control" and you've got yourself a tripod from war of the worlds. Or say "Huge Clockwork Flesh Some four legged animal Intelligent Control" and you've got yourself a Mammoth MK2 tank (or AT-AT depending on what animal you use). Or use human and go for a MechWarrior style tank. All you got to do next is attach some repulsive armor and some weapons and use an appropriate control staff to link those to the tank.))
Who all's in your group, and what all are you working on? And most importantly, do you have room for a fun guy?  :D
((Also, who is in team Bismuth anyway? I'm thinking of joining in a bit.))
((There are at least four of us right now, but I can't reveal exact numbers or names because some people have asked me to keep their participation a secret. Right now, some of us are at the HQ in the village sciencing words and runes while others are off exploring the world, killing monsters for souls and testing any words the science team discovers. I plan to go out myself after a while and get a couple of souls so that I can begin working on enhancing our HQ. And we always have room, especially for fun guys. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll tell you about a special project I have in mind for Angle.))
what runes/circles do you actually know, im curious as i discovered around 90% of the rune science my team possesses.
you don't have to tell me which runes are which, i just want a list of their effects.

oh and can you pm me that ring word? i wants me a ruby ring of shoot fireballs +1
((Nothing too much, I've only just begun my rune experiments. I know the circle for imbuing and a couple of elements, but that's it. Everything else is just guesswork based on what everyone else has used. Although, provided there are no distractions, I should have all the page 2 runes in 6 turns or less.

And check your PMs in a while, I'll send you the ring word. If you could give me some useless rune in return (like ink) I would really appreciate it, since I think the ring word deserves a bit more than a mere crossbow. If not, no hard feelings. A deal is a deal.))
[Really, I'm not sure who's in any team. So far, there are only two teams so I guess it would just be who's in one, who's in the other, and who's in undecided/misc.]
((Don't forget the sky pirates. I'm surprised so few people have joined their team. Fun adventure in the sky guys! Guaranteed monster encounter nearly every turn.))
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 07:08:39 am by Parisbre56 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: April 08, 2013, 07:46:07 am »

((I'm using a chain so the user can also command it to strike and ensnare the target, allowing them to levitate their target helplessly into the air or bodyslam foes normally too heavy to be lifted. Also, the steel would act as a good target for Sparky, allowing electricity to arc to a chained target.))
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 07:48:27 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: April 08, 2013, 07:55:49 am »

also does anyone know a good tank "shape" spell, all i have is cube, sphere, cylinder and wall... please for the love of god give me a trapezoid
((Why use shapes and not do something else? Use "Huge Clockwork Flesh Weird alien thingy Intelligent Control" and you've got yourself a tripod from war of the worlds. Or say "Huge Clockwork Flesh Some four legged animal Intelligent Control" and you've got yourself a Mammoth MK2 tank (or AT-AT depending on what animal you use). Or use human and go for a MechWarrior style tank. All you got to do next is attach some repulsive armor and some weapons and use an appropriate control staff to link those to the tank.))
I want the shape because he asked for a bolo with lava hellbores, if he had just asked me for a mecha then yeah id just summon him a large clockwork wolf cage of control and shove his ass inside it, as for the construction method i have -1 will so how i will achieve wrapon attachment shall differ slightly.

I promised him a bolo and a bolo i shall deliver even if it kills us all.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: April 08, 2013, 08:35:50 am »

I want the shape because he asked for a bolo with lava hellbores, if he had just asked me for a mecha then yeah id just summon him a large clockwork wolf cage of control and shove his ass inside it, as for the construction method i have -1 will so how i will achieve wrapon attachment shall differ slightly.

I promised him a bolo and a bolo i shall deliver even if it kills us all.
Eh, just look like a human, and if you get a bolo-type AI then it will NOT harm a human. Basic bolo programming. They are basically paladins, without the "moral asshole" part.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: April 08, 2013, 08:49:19 am »

[Not sure, although I assume that it may be because we are currently heading towards dangerous areas. Also might be because we have a rather high mortality rate, and undoubtedly probably going to die a few more times. But it won't be permanent, unless for some circumstances, just a set back to square zero each time. That, and we don't really have much focus on discovery of new words, more attempts to abuse words already known. On that note: Trialo doesn't allow for the teleportation/moving to your position and then subsequent flinging of an already existent material. Rather sad, would of saved John some hurt if it had managed to work.

But yeah, we won't turn down help if offered. As for the name of the ship? Hm. I may of created it, but John was the one who brought it into ship-status. Right now its a floating stone floor that has been warped into a basin like shape, which has a bit of standing water in it. Terra Ascendéntem? Something from this? This? Morbid Privateer?]

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: April 08, 2013, 08:55:24 am »

Split it into 2 domes and call it the S.S. Buttcrack,
bonus points if you give it the ability to crap molten garstorpits at people.  ;)
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: The turn of suicides.
« Reply #3911 on: April 08, 2013, 10:07:56 am »

Kin sighs and -

- says Rothon Hael-ton Halthel and wills the result to form into a body for Thrakor, or at the very least a torso and an arm.

He also wills some of his own electricity to the stump of his right hand, forming that to an acceptable hand.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 02:06:56 pm by KineseN »

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: April 08, 2013, 10:20:27 am »

((I've decided on the Titanite Catch Pole.

Terra Ascendéntem sounds good so lets go with that.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: April 08, 2013, 10:23:26 am »

"What the fuck are we doing."

Use my staff to polevault towards the raider feet first, and try to knock him down.

((See what I mean about the stick being something you don't have to hit people with?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: April 08, 2013, 11:13:54 am »

Piecewise:  Did you ever decide about giving a bonus to atheist players?  IIRC someone asked about this.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 435