Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 993984 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #1710 on: January 19, 2013, 07:15:52 pm »

I think that describes everything in this game.
FTFY

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: January 19, 2013, 08:38:15 pm »

Didnt someonly already make one and it destroyed their hand when they tried grabbing it?

That's why you turn your hand into pure arcane energy first.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: January 19, 2013, 08:43:26 pm »

Maybe I can turn my entire body into pure force...
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: January 19, 2013, 08:48:02 pm »

You can turn yourself into wind... thats kinetic force...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: January 19, 2013, 08:49:30 pm »

We've already had a full-body rubber conversion and one other I forget.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: January 19, 2013, 08:52:23 pm »

Steel, susan i think
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: January 19, 2013, 09:35:03 pm »

Didnt someonly already make one and it destroyed their hand when they tried grabbing it?
I'm not sure if that was "pure arcane energy," but it would have likely worked better if I had made the staff out of something less...hostile.

That's why you turn your hand into pure arcane energy first.
Hm...I'm pretty sure I did that with my whole left arm...IDEA TIME.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: January 19, 2013, 09:42:39 pm »

Arent you still missing a hand on that arm?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: January 19, 2013, 09:49:39 pm »

He's gonna nub the SHIT out of a magic staff/cleaver/cat/pair of legs.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: January 19, 2013, 09:51:20 pm »

He also has a destroyed leg and a bear about to eat him.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: January 19, 2013, 09:55:51 pm »

Yeah... my attempts to control it arent going so well...

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1721 on: January 19, 2013, 11:08:15 pm »

Shit...

move to least occupied stairwell on the same floor, do stuff, make brain be smarter.
You run to the north stairs this time and try again
[will: 2-1]

The bear stops attacking phil. Instead it turns around and takes flight, roaring up to the third floor, straight at you.
[dex:2+2]
[bear dex:2]

You dive into the stairwell as the bear scrapes across the stone, claws and fangs sweeping wildly where you used to be.

"Well, this isn't good."

...Something tells me I didn't type what I thought I typed. I coulda sworn I was going to summon a Cainthalsaz explosion...

I will say Zaral Harial, Shoshashzel Balethe and hope I'm not wearing flammable pants.
[pot:5]
A mark appears and covers your left leg.
[pot:1]
Your right leg turns into a limb of pure repulsive force that, after an instant, detonates and hurls you straight into a wall.
[end:4+1]
You survive, battered and bruised, but now you're massively bleeding from your missing right leg.
[still gonna die: 1 turn]

Shubhallethel Szaheeb Caltalleth Hobiteaod

"Here's your weapon. Use it to get yourself some pool, aye?"
[pot:5]

A new weapon appears in front of you! It's a strange spear of bone, brilliant white with a serrated tip and a shaft like a spinal column. Across the surface of the spear, mostly on the tip, are holes out of which air is constantly flowing. The result is a strange tone, which seems to be descending, but never actually gets any lower.

If Tamara creates an item for me, and it isn't radiating antimatter or some other dangerous material, accept it.
You pick up the spear that Tamra made for you.

Do the ancient, traditional "Could really use a weapon" dance.
You dance makes the gods apathetic and gassy. You receive no weapon.

Oy, that word isn't explosion!

"Now you're just an asshole!"

Run around the second floor looking for a discarded weapon that won't kill me if I pick it up.  Chuck it at Null.  Failing that, just head for the south stairs.  Totally not burning a turn to get one more pool point.

Everyone but me is on some level of the south stairs.
[Dex:5+2]
[Null dex:2+2]

Seeing as there are no magical weapon trees just sitting around on this level, or indeed any level right now, You decide to do what is known in tactician circles as "Run the fuck away." You sprint your way to the south stairs and leap into the stair well.

"You realize I can still attack you in there, right?" Null shouts.

[null pot:3+3]
[Null will:1+3]

[str:3+1]
[end:5+1]
The same invisible force that ripped your staff from you slams into your shoulder and spins you into a wall.
Ow! You're not hurt, but still, oww.

Null starts walking toward the first floor, south stairs.

Tamara Volk:Tsuchigumo550: Pool:1/4 (broken bone bow. Slightl glowing fungus kneepads.Left hand gone.)[first floor, south area.]

Phil(6):Greatwyrmgold: pool:1/4 [obsidian left arm, hand blown up. Right leg gone, left leg marked][first floor, south area]

Larry:wwolin: Pool 0/0: [Bone spear of the wind] [first floor, South area]

The Nose:harry:Pool 0/0: [first floor, south stairs]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:4/4 (Body of living steel)[fourth floor, south stairs area.]

Thrakor(22):Toaster: Pool:4/5 (Right hand and left arm made of electricity. Torso marked.)[Second floor, south stairs.]

Bobo:akingsquest: Pool:0/0 [Fourth floor, south stairs]

(2)Steve:Unholy pariah: Pool:0/0 (steel staff)[Third floor, North stairs]

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: January 19, 2013, 11:26:06 pm »

Well that sorta worked...

tactical manouvre: run the fuck away

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: January 19, 2013, 11:33:44 pm »

Good thing there are four meatshields in my way!  You should all fling yourselves at Null while I...

ENGAGE MAGICAL PLAN OMEGA!

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: January 19, 2013, 11:41:50 pm »

"Thanks a ton! Hey, Mom, Dad, check this out! I'm gonna do some magic!"

Attempt to alter the wind currents around me to make myself levitate. If this works, then float to the top of the gazebo, staying a few inches off of the roof. Then practice spear powers.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 435