Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 992938 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #6465 on: August 18, 2013, 08:21:14 pm »

I find it funny that I will forever be entering the booze dimension thanks to this thread.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: August 18, 2013, 08:22:39 pm »

Exactly, and since I haven't been following the orginal Perplexicon, how did you earn the title?
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: August 18, 2013, 08:25:40 pm »

I stood in the center of a portal to the booze dimension. I'm sorry I thought that was obvious.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6468 on: August 18, 2013, 08:32:13 pm »

Wait, what are we talking about again?

Are you running your own game? Since when? Where? With how many people?

And shouldn't this be in "Perpublicon" thread since it's not really related to the original game?

1:See below answer.

2:Yes.  Since a little while after this one ended.  On a private email list.  Eight at a time.

3:Possibly.  I didn't think it was important enough to warrant it's own thread, and making one would make me feel obligated to update it.  Plus I didn't figure too many people were interested.

Also, I just realized I should probably mention that I changed how the magic word works.  It's now more random if it's said undirected, hence how the person enchanted an object and summmoned a creature by just saying it alone.  Mostly because I figured it would be more interesting.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: August 20, 2013, 09:13:17 pm »

Name: Mark Sheperd
appearance: [under construction]
Strength: 0
Endurance:1
Speed:1
Dexterity:0
Awareness: 1
Potency:  3
Will: 3
Channeling:1

(( my plan is to RP someone who just got dumped in this world so I will not be reading posts before this one to get the full effect so If I ask stupid questions then just humor me. Bring on the !!FUN!! :D)) E

Edit ok thanks for telling me to the pit
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 10:28:23 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6470 on: August 20, 2013, 09:22:50 pm »

Unfortunately, this is no longer active. Someone should change the title and mark it as no longer active in the hall of fame...

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:This be dead, Go play pit of magic.
« Reply #6471 on: August 20, 2013, 09:28:23 pm »

Yeah piecewise needs to update the title, anyways go play pit of magic.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6472 on: August 20, 2013, 09:39:52 pm »

There's also that other game with the loot generator the name of which I currently can't remember. Lacks words but has many random perplexicon-like magical objects of immense power and absurd effect in it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: August 20, 2013, 10:08:32 pm »

There's also The Pit of Magic, which is pretty much a direct rip from the arena days with new words tossed in.

BTW writing an update... Done!

Last turn the guy with control over antimatter (Conth, as we called it) spawnkilled the newbie with a pitchfork.  After the newbie knocked himself unconcious with a pot:1. And then the Ptesladactyl ran into the newbie's corpse and gave him a new mind, and repaired his body.  The new NPC made a reference to Inigo montoya with "I am not Garren.  You killed my corpse donor.  Prepare to die."

The antimatter guy countered with star wars references, which apparently was quite effective:

In other news, the Parathun guy got acid blood, and the ability to shoot it from his eyes.  Downside is he constantly leaks tears of blood now.

And the Lovecraft guy is still fighting the villager, and just had an overly long counter-counter-counter battle.  As I was rolling the die I was just thinking "Come on, not another counter!".  But she's really wounded, so he'll almost certainly kill her next turn.

Now, I'm putting something to a vote: Who would like me to make a thread for this, and update it semi-regularly, and who would like me to just continue as I have been doing and post here when something fun happens?  If I get less than... oh, five votes, then I'll do neither because of lack of interest.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: August 21, 2013, 03:33:31 am »

Continue here, I would say. This is fun to read.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6475 on: August 21, 2013, 04:00:54 am »

While I would prefer a new thread for it, I'm fine with either option.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #6476 on: August 21, 2013, 04:21:05 am »

There's also The Pit of Magic, which is pretty much a direct rip from the arena days with new words tossed in.

BTW writing an update... Done!

Last turn the guy with control over antimatter (Conth, as we called it) spawnkilled the newbie with a pitchfork.  After the newbie knocked himself unconcious with a pot:1. And then the Ptesladactyl ran into the newbie's corpse and gave him a new mind, and repaired his body.  The new NPC made a reference to Inigo montoya with "I am not Garren.  You killed my corpse donor.  Prepare to die."

The antimatter guy countered with star wars references, which apparently was quite effective:

In other news, the Parathun guy got acid blood, and the ability to shoot it from his eyes.  Downside is he constantly leaks tears of blood now.

And the Lovecraft guy is still fighting the villager, and just had an overly long counter-counter-counter battle.  As I was rolling the die I was just thinking "Come on, not another counter!".  But she's really wounded, so he'll almost certainly kill her next turn.

Now, I'm putting something to a vote: Who would like me to make a thread for this, and update it semi-regularly, and who would like me to just continue as I have been doing and post here when something fun happens?  If I get less than... oh, five votes, then I'll do neither because of lack of interest.

Wow. That was weird. Im fine with either. 3/5!
Also how many people there is currently?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6477 on: August 21, 2013, 05:45:19 am »

I'm good with ether and I'm always happy when something great gets out of its grave unless it tries to eat me
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: August 27, 2013, 02:17:19 am »

just keep using this thread
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #6479 on: August 27, 2013, 02:22:50 am »

just keep using this thread
And that makes 5! Yay!
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 435