Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 992618 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #6450 on: July 16, 2013, 10:15:40 am »

Wait, Poison is going to have sharply limited player space?
At first, at the very least. To see how time and energy consuming it is to run. If it becomes clear that I can run it easily enough without much effort I'll loosen the limit. Admittedly, Poison is  very different game. You won't be popping 5 pills a turn like words in perplexicon; least not if you don't want to die. In Poison the drugs are much more powerful. For instance you could tear all the blood out of a man with a thought, or summon a blade made of dust that penetrates any sort of armor and can take the form of any bladed weapon, and that injects shards of glass into anything it cuts.

Those drugs are short term superpowers that you can mix and match.
((First come first serve? Or are you only going to be taking the people in the current test? Or are we all going to sumbit a sheet, and then you're going to pick/roll dice to see who gets in?

I am asking because with a small limit of five people, and your current player list total (ER + Perplexicon) of more than 40, first come first serve seems kinda... unfair. You get different time zones, and it will fill up awfully quickly. At least I think it will.))
Not sure. Maybe I'll have a lottery to chose the first set of people and then go with a list. Depends on turnover. The game is going to be balanced to be fairly dangerous. And There's a build in way of dealing with players that just go inactive; so that's not a problem either.

We'll just have to see.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: July 17, 2013, 09:22:40 pm »

I should probably mention that my Perplexicon Tribute Game is in full swing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #6452 on: August 06, 2013, 04:03:11 pm »

Huh. Just found this http://tagplex.blogspot.com.es/ but cant find where they re playing it.
Is it yours, syvarris?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6453 on: August 06, 2013, 04:31:15 pm »

I'm pretty sure, yeah.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: August 15, 2013, 11:03:59 am »

Yes, that's mine.  We mostly play over email, so that acts like a first post I can just link to to teach them how to play.  And also as a static thing people can look at to check their status, or the wordlist.

This reminds me, do people want me to start writing updates on what's going on in that game again?  I'm not really sure if there's any interest.  Plus, I dislike constantly necro'ing this thread.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #6455 on: August 15, 2013, 12:07:24 pm »

Yes, that's mine.  We mostly play over email, so that acts like a first post I can just link to to teach them how to play.  And also as a static thing people can look at to check their status, or the wordlist.

This reminds me, do people want me to start writing updates on what's going on in that game again?  I'm not really sure if there's any interest.  Plus, I dislike constantly necro'ing this thread.
Well, i guess its up to Piecewise to give permission to do it here. I would like though.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6456 on: August 15, 2013, 12:24:24 pm »

Sure, feel free to use the thread as you like.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: August 15, 2013, 01:51:15 pm »

I'm interested from an academic perspective.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: August 18, 2013, 07:33:05 pm »

I just wrote this:

Funny, you spawn in and the first two things to happen?  Your legs get ripped off and replaced, and then a guy comes in and summons a tesla pterodactyl made of ice, that grants life to things it touches.  In an attempt to kill you.

Welcome to Perplexicon!

I'll write something up explaining what's happened since I last posted about it.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: August 18, 2013, 07:50:22 pm »

So it basically freezes and electrocutes you at the same time whilst preventing you from dying?

And thus the race for the ultimate torture device began.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: August 18, 2013, 07:59:25 pm »

So it basically freezes and electrocutes you at the same time whilst preventing you from dying?

And thus the race for the ultimate torture device began.
Granting life is different from maintaining life.
I think it tortures people to death and revives them, thus trapping them in an agonizing mockery of Samsara. Which is arguably worse, since it's pretty much taunting them with the respite of death while yanking it out of their grasp.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: August 18, 2013, 08:12:41 pm »

Maybe its an elemental dinosaur version of the bird that eternally ate... prometheus?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: August 18, 2013, 08:13:24 pm »

Ouch. That would REALLY hurt.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: August 18, 2013, 08:14:55 pm »

So, what did I last talk about...

Oh.  When they were having the basement war.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's a sorta-kinda history.

Now:

What happened this turn, was a person charged into the spawnroom in an attempt to kill the newbie with new legs.  The first thing they did was say the concoteael equivalent.  Which marked their pitchfork with summoning sickness, and summoned the afore-mentioned pterodactyl.

Then the pterodactyl started crashing around throughout the room, and granted life to the junk people have left laying around, creating:

A magnet cat, which is purring against their leg.
A large diamond goat, which is being chased around the room by the..
Golden bear, which is trying to eat the diamond goat.

Both of the people involved are very confused.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: August 18, 2013, 08:19:35 pm »

Wait, what are we talking about again?

Are you running your own game? Since when? Where? With how many people?

And shouldn't this be in "Perpublicon" thread since it's not really related to the original game?
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 435