Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 992061 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #6375 on: July 05, 2013, 09:55:56 pm »

Maybe add another layer of detail, like optional material components/foci that change the effect. (E.g, "Adding sulfur makes the end result flaming. Adding bat guano makes the end result explode. Adding eye of newt makes the end result twice as strong...")
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: July 05, 2013, 09:58:12 pm »

Expand body parts. Internal organs, (not all of them, no need for spleeeeeeen unless you want to) for marks, as well as a few special targeting words, possibly ones that pair with others "target body part:", where using a body part word that normally results in a tattoo now targets that body part, so that if you were to use the "from palm target body part: heart" you'd fire something from your palm that homed in on the nearest heart. Low rolls would have the object double back or hit a nearby but undesired target, high rolls would hit the enemy.

Word combos like this on a sniper rifle or something with the machine word would produce bullets that always hit a certain body part.

This, of course, would be lategame science due to the mass of words needed.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6377 on: July 05, 2013, 10:01:26 pm »

I'm not sure about "preprogrammed results" like that. If you get a sniper rifle that always gets headshots, that should be because of the words you used, not because two words decided to work together somehow. Unless maybe you added a synergy effect to most pairs of words...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6378 on: July 05, 2013, 10:19:37 pm »

The main bit of that is "I want to be able to turn my heart into fire with a magic tattoo then complain about heartburn."

Then, I wanted to do that to other people.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: July 05, 2013, 10:24:55 pm »

What I did was "'Affect item/person in hand', 'tatoo tongue', 'Intelligence'", or two targeting effects, and rather than targeting my own tongue (Like it did the first time when I did it without the target other person), it enchanted the other guy's. So using two targeting words together kinda did already work.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6380 on: July 05, 2013, 10:52:38 pm »

I should point out that I'm not taking the existing wordlist as a base.

I want to add a word akin to the original Zentol, but due to the importance of it in the second phase, I feel like I'm infringing on something.  Opinions?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6381 on: July 05, 2013, 10:53:24 pm »

The idea of some kind of Horrbile Omnicidal Eldritch Abomination is hardly Perplexicon-specific.

Ask Xantalos.
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6382 on: July 06, 2013, 12:22:12 pm »

I should point out that I'm not taking the existing wordlist as a base.

I want to add a word akin to the original Zentol, but due to the importance of it in the second phase, I feel like I'm infringing on something.  Opinions?

Make it into angels. Pretty, pale, sparkly eldritch abominations that function largely the same way.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6383 on: July 06, 2013, 06:11:14 pm »

Yeah, you can do the classic demonic and angelic thing. The daemons are going to try to drive you mad and force you to murder or corrupt everyone and everything while summoning more of their dark brethren, while the angels are going to try to drive you mad by constantly telling you to be good, that you should not swear, use magic or kill people and that you should contact the authorities immediately and let them handle it. Then you can model the weapons and items and everything else after that. Maybe implement an alignment system and have the words give bonuses according to your alignment. Maybe add words for chaos and order. Okay, now I'm overcomplicating things...

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #6384 on: July 06, 2013, 08:21:39 pm »

I'd actually just have Eldritch abominations that are vaguely angelic: They're sparkly and bright, they leave vague impressions of wings, ribbons, and halos, they're completely incomprehensible, and they'll drive you insane or kill you. Think the angels from Neon Genesis Evangelion, especially the later ones.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6385 on: July 06, 2013, 08:35:49 pm »

Why not just angels from Genesis? (And the rest of the Bible.)
Sig

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #6386 on: July 06, 2013, 08:43:00 pm »

Depending on your setting, that might also work- Though how you'd reduce those to an element, I do not know.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6387 on: July 06, 2013, 09:05:16 pm »

I'm just using the original Zentol meaning, although on a new word, of course.  I can't wait until somone finds that word- their current pinnacle of weaponized magic is dropping a gold block on somebodies head.

Well, and summoning black holes.  But the first time that was used it killed every active player, so they are paranoid about it.  And it was the second word used.

Anyways, please continue suggesting new words!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6388 on: July 06, 2013, 09:26:32 pm »

Ignore this, forgot you were running a clone.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 09:28:27 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #6389 on: July 07, 2013, 05:36:23 am »

I'm just using the original Zentol meaning, although on a new word, of course.  I can't wait until somone finds that word- their current pinnacle of weaponized magic is dropping a gold block on somebodies head.

Well, and summoning black holes.  But the first time that was used it killed every active player, so they are paranoid about it.  And it was the second word used.

Anyways, please continue suggesting new words!

Hmmm, but, it is on the internet? If so, could you post a link? Want to see that :P
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 435