Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 994394 times)

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #1650 on: January 17, 2013, 03:45:56 pm »

Has anyone made a cylindrical cat weapon yet?
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: January 17, 2013, 03:50:09 pm »

There was that one time I tried to make a cat-staff.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: January 17, 2013, 03:52:59 pm »

But it wasn't a CYLINDER cat staff.

Makes you wonder if there are other shape words.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: January 17, 2013, 03:54:40 pm »

I suddenly have a desire for cylindrical cat armor.

Oh, and there are other shape words. I have one for cube, sphere, and I think Wall.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: January 17, 2013, 03:55:56 pm »

Wall is really just an applied rectangle.

I guess my thunderball is a sphere.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: January 17, 2013, 03:56:20 pm »

Oooh cylinder cat staff made of superheated plasma....or booze snakes...

I suddenly have a desire for cylindrical cat armor.

Oh, and there are other shape words. I have one for cube, sphere, and I think Wall.
Step:1 say Karenshar, Garhantel, Zzeralthonth, Donbel
Step:2 Enjoy your new cylinder cat chestplate
Step:3 ??
Step:4 profit
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 04:03:24 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: January 17, 2013, 03:59:30 pm »

Or explosions.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: January 17, 2013, 04:00:06 pm »

We should start a familiar competition: just spawn the weirdest thing you can think of and have it fight someone else's weirdest nightmare. Should make for some entertaining combat.

cuboid ink dragon v sentient rock

spear-coated fire monkey v mace that shoots maces from its eyes!

This can only end well.
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: January 17, 2013, 04:01:03 pm »

I was considering a crystal cat that shot lightning eye beams, but I imagine the words could get crossed up and I just shoot a piezoelectric crystal cat from my own eye.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: January 17, 2013, 04:03:21 pm »

I was considering a crystal cat that shot lightning eye beams, but I imagine the words could get crossed up and I just shoot a piezoelectric crystal cat from my own eye.
I'm thinking that would have to be added as an after-market enchantment. I.e.

Turn A:
(Crystal) (Cat)

Turn B:
Pick up the cat (Enchant item in right hand) (Lightning) (Eyebeam)
Greater Collection

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: January 17, 2013, 04:12:59 pm »

Yoink
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: January 17, 2013, 09:28:46 pm »

:D

This conversation as a whole has gotten pretty hilarious.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: January 17, 2013, 09:30:58 pm »

Hell, I could probably get a Gorgon-stare spell.

It's Donth (eye-beams)
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: January 17, 2013, 09:34:29 pm »

Hmmm, but it would have to incorporate an element, or else
Shimmering image of eye beams....

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1664 on: January 17, 2013, 11:07:32 pm »

Well fuck. Time to start regenerating so I can do orders again...

Leave the presence of the toxistick.
You wander away from the poison stabby stick over toward the south and away from the now raging metal bear.

Grab rock, do stuff.

You run down stairs and snatch up the late Grin's staff as the Heavy metal bear tears shit up near by.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WORKED!

Add two points to channeling, a point to endurance, and a point to potency.

Stuff
You would do that stuff you were gonna do but it turns out that when you blew the head off of Grin you kind of piss off his giant metal bear. And this is a bad thing.

The Bear leaps over to you, landing with a thud that shakes the ground beneath your feet and attempts to bite off the top 2/3rds of your body.
[dex:3+1]
[Bear dex:3]
You flop down on your stomach as fangs bigger then your arm scythe overhead.

"What the hell? Where am... NO FUCKING WAY! I'm in Perplexicon! Which means that the grimoire I bought at that convention... 'Property of Ferin Lepus Hydrus Larry'! This isn't just an imitation of Hydrus' grimoire. It IS Hydrus' grimoire! Oh, man, my friends are gonna be so jealous... they can probably see me on the TV now! Hey, Jackson, go and get Mom and Dad and tell them that I'm on TV! Now, how the hell do I get down from here? Aww man, this is so damn cool! And... HELL YEAH! Jackson, if you're still there, get those two thousand dollars ready! You'll never make a bet jokingly ever again!"

Climb down from the pillar and head to the north stairs. If anyone attacks me, spaz out and punch them in the throat.

You clamber down the pillar and run on over to the north stairs. All looks fine so far, no spaz throat punches.

"So, this is happening right now. Brilliant. And here's a book of some kind. Full of gibberish, too."

Stroll around and take inventory of all the things in the area.
On the third floor looks like there's a lot of nothing going on. No objects, no people, no murder. It's snores-ville daddio.

Well, at least it's not bleeding internally any more.

Not what I wanted!  "Gee, if you wanted to play with me, why'd you block me in here?"

Will my left arm via staff to become not mangled and not useless.   Sneak out the top around to the north stairs.
[will:3+2]
Your left arm jerks and twists and snaps back into place. You wiggle your electric fingers and grin. That helps.

[dex:4+2]
You commando crawl around on the second floor until you reach the north stairs.

"I would have thought stone wouldn't stop you." Null shouts, still looking at the other stairs,  "But perhaps I need to give you some incentive to get serious."

[Null pot:2+3]

His right arm glows for a moment and points of fire begin appearing all around him. They swell and darken, reforming and changing until over a dozen large crows or ravens are flying in a tight circle around him. Trails of fire burn behind their wings and each bird seems to glow like a furnace behind their black feathers. The birds fly in a swarm, away from him and over to the east stairs. They dart down into the stairwell and then come back up, squawking.

Null spins to face the north stairs As the birds charge toward you, a black cloud of fire and feathers.

TEALTAEL ZARAL

[pot:1+1]
Nothing happens.

Tamara Volk:Tsuchigumo550: Pool:3/4 (broken bone bow. Slightl glowing fungus kneepads.Left hand gone.)[first floor, south area.]

Phil(6):Greatwyrmgold: pool:3/4 [obsidian left arm, hand blown up.][first floor, south area]

Larry:wwolin: Pool 0/0: [Fourth floor, north stairs]

The Nose:harry:Pool 0/0: [third floor, north stairs]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:4/4 (Body of living steel)[fourth floor, south stairs area.]

Thrakor(22):Toaster: Pool:4/5 (Right hand and left arm made of electricity. Crystal-lightning staff. Torso marked.)[Second floor,North side]

Bobo:akingsquest: Pool:0/0 [Fourth floor, south stairs]

(2)Steve:Unholy pariah: Pool:0/0 (steel staff)[First floor, center]
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 435