Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: A Question on Pirating Games  (Read 16698 times)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
Re: A Question on Pirating Games
« Reply #150 on: November 25, 2012, 01:45:20 am »

* Urist McDwarf has canceled drinking: Cheap Overseer.
Urist McSober has been quite content lately. She has hunted vermin for food recently. She has complained of thirst recently. She has admired a legenadry dining hall lately.

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 25, 2012, 01:58:27 am »

But imagine the speed~
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 25, 2012, 02:07:13 am »

But imagine the speed~
You could just infect all the dwarves with vampirism since they don't need booze. Just feed them migrants and they'd be even faster than normal.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 25, 2012, 02:13:29 am »

Tricks like that are funny but they just delay things (Though, that's the real point of DRM.  Try to delay the crackers long enough to make sales quotas).  I know there was at least one game that  never got cracked.  I think it was a Splinter Cell game.
Really? I didn't think there were any major games that have gone uncracked. The top cracking teams tend to be very, very, good at what they do.

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2012, 02:15:25 am »

Fine, fine. Pirated dwarves... Lose their beards.  8)
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 25, 2012, 02:16:53 am »

No. Now you're just being cruel. Although to be fair, half of the dwarves are beardless as is. I don't know why the females don't have beards in DF, but I don't agree with it.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 25, 2012, 02:37:40 am »

No. Now you're just being cruel. Although to be fair, half of the dwarves are beardless as is. I don't know why the females don't have beards in DF, but I don't agree with it.

All goblins, kobolds, elves and wildlife are replaced by bronze collosi, while dwarves are replaced with dingos.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 25, 2012, 02:39:09 am »

All goblins, kobolds, elves and wildlife are replaced by bronze collosi, while dwarves are replaced with dingos.
That's not a punishment, it just provides the player with loads more fun.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 25, 2012, 02:53:43 am »

That's not a punishment, it just provides the player with loads more fun.
The bronze collosi do not attack, even if you order your dingos in to military formation and attack them. They just sit there, being invincible and stuff.

The magma sea does not exist, and your dingos cannot dig because they have no hands. Dingos can't tantrum, get fey moods or become melancholy either.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 25, 2012, 02:55:36 am »

Now that would be a good anti-piracy measure.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 25, 2012, 03:05:23 am »

I'm curious about running a dingo fortress now. I'll have to sit down and figure out how to make them a player race.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 25, 2012, 03:07:03 am »

I'm curious about running a dingo fortress now. I'll have to sit down and figure out how to make them a player race now.

Dingo McNoble has mandated the production of six loud barks

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 25, 2012, 03:18:08 am »

I love this forum sometimes.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2012, 03:37:07 am »

I'm curious about running a dingo fortress now. I'll have to sit down and figure out how to make them a player race now.

Dingo McNoble has mandated the production of six loud barks

I shall sig it at once!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2012, 04:30:57 am »

Tricks like that are funny but they just delay things (Though, that's the real point of DRM.  Try to delay the crackers long enough to make sales quotas).  I know there was at least one game that  never got cracked.  I think it was a Splinter Cell game.
Really? I didn't think there were any major games that have gone uncracked. The top cracking teams tend to be very, very, good at what they do.
Most games get cracked quite fast, with the exception being those that run partly serverside. (Even then they sometimes manage to do it.)

I can't remember the quote exactly, but it went like this:
Steam's build in DRM has proven itself tremendously for us. The game was cracked ten days later then normal, bringing it on five days before release.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14