Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: 'Yìhétuán Yùndòng': The Great Boxer Rebellion (Story 11: Chinese Standoff)  (Read 23233 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Yìhétuán Yùndòng': The Great Boxer Rebellion (Story 3: He Dead)
« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2012, 04:43:09 pm »

I just noticed, Spinal_Taper is technically in the game, but he hasn't actually been in any of the turns. Funny, that.
((Oh. Well, am I in, TCM?))

Oh yes. My fault. :<

To compensate, you get to right your intro and start out wherever you want.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2012, 08:45:54 pm »

((Forgive me TCM, for my net connection has not been so cooperative with me...))

"Pleasure, Captain Brimstone," Leia replied as she saw the regiment halt at the officer's order. She could feel a slight blush on her face, and remember how the Americans had their own unique style of respect and formality to others - intriguing, and mostly delightful to see it firsthand - and...preferably, notice their sternness and sincerity in doing so.

Looking at the troop, and returning her gaze to the officer, she replied. "Where are you all headed, sir? To the front lines, or to any neighboring town?"

Inquire as to their destined location, and follow along instead! If I could, ask about any places of importance along the way, including the Officer's troops and their status.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2012, 05:05:03 pm »

((And I just read the bio I made. Now I feel bad, and I know why you skipped me.  :P))
Akio stepped off from the boat, then took a look around. He brothe in and looked around again. He raised an eyebrow curiously. Something was different in the air here in China. While he couldn't quite identify it, but something was certainly off. But, it didn't really matter. The air had no bearing on his mission, and his mission was all that mattered, at least for now. He slung his baggage over his shoulder, and went to look for a hotel or something similar.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Yìhétuán Yùndòng': The Great Boxer Rebellion (Story 4: Battlecries)
« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2012, 05:48:53 pm »

Story 4: Battlecries

"Killing and raping, really? I'll probably check on that, but anyway...I suppose this place doesn't have any criminal organization around here I can get in trouble with just by staring at them weird, right?"

"Actually, crime has been going up ever since the war started, since the army and police are busy taking care of rebels and foreigners. You won't get them to kill you by looking at them, since many of them like to ambush their prey. There are highway men who patrol the roads and spring out on passing caravans. And then there are those in the forest and mountains who pounce on unsuspecting victims. Everyone, especially tradespeople, have to have some form of protection nowadays. Even for me..." The standkeeper pulls out a butchering knife. "I thought I'd only use this to ever cut animal flesh for sandwiches, but these days you never know..."

Spoiler: Nikolae Kriegsmacher (click to show/hide)

Antonio realizes his opportunity to strike, but a partner would be suitable for this mission. He ventures further into the city, getting into the slums, a breeding ground from criminals. There is debris and trash on the street, and the buildings are of less quality than those back around the market. Antonio sees people shuffling into an opium den, and follows behind them. The interior is lavish although the air is thick with smoke, and unconscious men lay all across the floor. It looks like an expensive tea house, if you replace tea with hard drug. Searching for a candidate, Antonio walks into a scraggly but tough looking young Chinese teen. "Hey boy, I'm about to place a hit. You want in?" "Sure, how about 40%-60%, in your favor?" Simple enough.

Spoiler: Antonio Fernandez (click to show/hide)

Chen pulls sheaths his spear and brings out his crossbow as he goes to join the ranged division, made up of archer and gunners. Making sure he is supplied and ready, Chen marches out onto the dirt path to his objective....

A few hours later, around twilight, the Boxer army hangs over the French encampment, looking down at them from a hill. The Frenchmen are busy relaxing after a long day of whatever they have been assigned to. A few guards patrol their outside ranks. The missile units remain at the top of the hill, while the cavalry stay in the rear and the melee units sneak down to the river.

In minutes, Chen hears a battle roar as a league of men swarm to the right side of the camp. The alerted sentry starts firing at them and manages to take one of the men down, but is quickly overran and cut down in the swarm of men. The rest of the Frenchmen sprint to their weapons, but some are hacked and stabbed before they reach guns or swords. As the true fighting commences, the leader of the missile unit signals for his men to begin to fire.

Boxer Army: 78
French Army: 57

Spoiler: Chen Yu (Zijin) (click to show/hide)

"Where are you all headed, sir? To the front lines, or to any neighboring town?" Leia inquired these questions on Captain Brimstone. "More of the later Miss, we're going to help protect some good Christian towns from those nasty rebels. Nothing like protecting tha' flock of Jesus." Intrigued, Leia asks about Brimstone's soldier. "I have the 16th Mixed Filipino-American Regiment. These men are all experienced jungle fighters, so this ain't anything new to em'. Would you like a ride?" Brimstone gestures to the back of his steed.

Spoiler: Leia Sano (click to show/hide)

Kenshin ruffles through the belongings of these cave dwellers. Based on the markings and symbols he finds, it looks like these men are some sort of bandit gang, and there should be about 5 or so now based on his findings. Satisfied and ready to prepare an ambush, Kenshin lurks further into the damp space and finds a nice warm pocket in between some rocks. Loading his revolver and gripping his sabre, he waits for the return of the men. From his position, he can still see about half of the room.

A few minutes later, Kenshin hears footsteps. He hears men talking and sees some masked figures step into the room. A couple lay on the blankets. One prepares food, and two others sit down, their backs to Kenshin, and ruffles through some bags. He begins to comprehend their conversation:
"...and then he tries pulling his pistol on me!"
"You're lucky I saved you this time, grabbed the bastard before he shot you dead. You owe me some of your find." He snatches a few coins from the other bandit.
"What?! That's not...okay, I guess it is." They go back to ruffling through the bags.

Spoiler: Kenshin Gato (click to show/hide)

Wang yells out, "We're being attacked!" He hears his own army respond in the distance, though it would be a number of minutes before he could be reinforced. His unit would have to hold out on their own for now. As the rebel Swordsmen charge Wang, he drops to the ground, propping his musket up from a prone position, and fires upon them. (3+1 vs. 6) Wang fires a shot, but his target ducks and stumbles as the musket ball misses him by a few inches. Wang's division hurriedly fires upon them also (5 vs. 2) and manages to incapacitate two of them with rifle fire. The remaining swordsman charges Wang, who only gets to a crouching position before the charging man swings her sword at him. (3 vs. 1) The blade nicks the side of Wang's face, and he can feel warm blood trickling down his cheek, though no major damage was done. (4 vs. 6) Wang stands up while simultaneously swinging diagonally-upwards at the rebel with his Saber, but the rebel jumps back.

Before the rebel can slash Wang again, the Imperial men fire (6 vs. 3) and shoot the rebel multiple times in the chest. "Are you alright Sir Tsaongpa?" asks one of the men. Still, more shots are fired from the church (3 vs. 1) and one of Wang's men cries out as he is shot in the leg. The uninjured men fire into the Western structure (2 vs. 2) but fail to hit any people.

Wang's Unit: 6 (1 Injured)
Rebels: 8? (True # unknown)

Spoiler: Wang Tsaongpa (click to show/hide)

Charley looks at the remaining money left in his wallet before turning back to the man running the stand. "Anything for under 35 Yuan?" The man nods. "Perhaps not a pistol or rifle, but some auxiliary tools to help you on your travels." He bends down under his stand to retrieve a set of small knives and puts them on the counter. "Throwing knives, silent and effective. 10 Yuan for a set of 3. For 10, you can also get," he bends back down and puts a red stick of plastic onto the counter, "one stick of dynamite. Explosive stuff, clears out debris in your way or anything you want after you put a fuse. If you have 25 Yuan to spare," he heads to the shelf and pulls out a thick rope, "there's a lasso. Wrangles everything from cattle to horses."

Spoiler: Charley Dalarko (click to show/hide)

Akio stepped off the boat and into Macau. After some initial observations, he went to look for some lodgings. It is crowded and loud, but Akio eventually steps into a inn. There's some traditional music playing on a phonograph in the back. An older woman looks up from the desk. "25 Yuan a night. No exceptions."

Spoiler: Akio (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2012, 06:18:41 pm »

OOC:  Hey TCM, were my orders to explicitly kill any bandits I ran into or capture them, and if its the latter then would I have any handcuffs?
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2012, 06:20:24 pm »

OOC:  Hey TCM, were my orders to explicitly kill any bandits I ran into or capture them, and if its the latter then would I have any handcuffs?

Your mission was to stop Kansu Braves, not bandits. You can do whatever you want with these guys.

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2012, 06:55:05 pm »

OOC:  Ok then

These men have all but admitted to robbery and murder.  I suppose in this situation I will have to act as their firing squad

Kenshin takes a moment to steel himself mentally as if he were entering battle and springs from his hiding spot while uttering a war cry!  He immediately stabs the man preparing food and then unloads his revolver on the men sitting down!
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2012, 07:56:26 pm »

Look around for any bounties, hit lists, or anything similar. Find some work worthy of a Ronin.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2012, 11:01:12 pm »

"I'll take the knives and the Whip. Could be useful for getting me a ride."

Charley plunks the rest of his money down on the table, and collects his new weapons. Then, he goes off, leaving the market, looking for an unguarded horse to take.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2013, 12:47:08 am »

"Alright boy, we've got a caravan of spices to the west that's on its way here. We're going to ambush it, and then sell the spices on the black market."

Antonio and the boy follow the road west out of town. After travelling for several miles, they hide by the road and wait to attack the caravan when it comes by.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2013, 07:58:49 am »

Wang stroked his mustache. He had to figure out how to ...

"Let's try setting fire to the church. Some of you go find wood that can burn and throw burning sticks into the church. Rest continue laying down just enough suppressing fire to intimidate them."

Order.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2013, 09:45:36 pm »

Bumping in case the others players did not know a turn was posted. Sorry this game updates like a snail in molasses.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 08, 2013, 11:17:11 am »

((My bad.))

"So, do you have any assignment I could help with?" Nikolae asked, stretching and sighing. "I'd rather have something to keep me busy until I decide what I should be doing here, and I already worked as a bodyguard before."

Try to get something to do.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2013, 01:59:54 pm »

Bumping in case the others players did not know a turn was posted. Sorry this game updates like a snail in molasses.
((Sorry, net was out for quite some time :/))

Leia nodded courteously before speaking to the young, dashing officer, "I would be much obliged, sir, but I do most of my work by myself. I'd not want to occupy your attention whilst on your steed at the moment, I'd stay alongside your men in the meantime, if its alright, sir.

"As for your journey...I'd really like to give a hand on this pursuit."

Proceed along with Captain Brimstone on foot, inquiring as of the status of the troops and any useful news from the individual soldiers - snippets of their personal importance and their outlook on the war.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2013, 07:15:01 pm »

Anyone else? Last call, tomorrow I'm updating.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14