Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45

Author Topic: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Only  (Read 41670 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Only
« Reply #630 on: March 06, 2013, 08:47:21 pm »

Animate Dead is a spell with a duration of instantaneous. It won't be dispelled...

I'd also rather not kill her, but once she's captured one of three things will happen.
A. She will die in some way or another, losing control and undead hordes will likely rampage across the County rather than waiting and building up their numbers as they currently are.
B. She will see the error of her ways, releasing her control of the undead and see above.
C. She will have her control dispelled as they will be trying to march on her location to free her and see above.

In all three scenarios, we need an army. There are a few other scenarios, but we pretty much need an army anyway. Still working on stat blocks for our soldiers. Five types of conscripts; Footmen, Spearmen, Skirmishers, Slingers, and Crossbowmen. So far, that's all I've managed.

Which brings up another question. Do you guys think mounted knights(not just cavalry), the ones who go into battle, would be Fighters, Warriors, or Aristocrats? I'm leaning towards Fighter for the new who fight a lot, and Aristocrat for the more political ones.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 07, 2013, 09:43:30 pm »

Okay guys. Nice playing with you. See ya later.

Sir whatshisface leaves, the king or something decided he was needed elsewhere and no one would replace him.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 07, 2013, 10:11:00 pm »

Why the sudden departure? You seemed to be doing pretty well in and for this game.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 07, 2013, 10:48:53 pm »

I've been causing a lot of issues, and the way I handles the Diplomacy skill lt game was less than appropriate.

It was because I got kicked out. Which I understand. I've been playing over the top characters, and the DM is sick of it. I'm usually the DM, so I can understand how he might feel. That said, I wish he had given me a bit more time with this char, but I'm fine with it, and I'd like to leave with dignity.

And as a reason, not an excuse, I'd like to explain my actions. With Oso...I played him insane, which was a really dumb idea. With Dorf, I didn't get enough time to really flesh him out, but I had wanted to make sure that the one guy would die, and wasn't thinking about how dumb of a move it was to jump off an airship and expect to survive. And I have no explanation for Kerrous, as I didn't do much with him.

Anyway. Good playing with you guys. Maybe I'll see you in a different game.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 09, 2013, 08:25:13 pm »

It's my birthday! But I also worked today, so my party's tomorrow. Since my party plans past 12:00 PM are loose at best, if I accidentally don't show up to the session you can all console yourselves that I'm probably having plenty of fun regardless.

I'll show up if I can, obviously, possibly slightly drunk. Drunk rogues are prone to making weeeeird decisions, which could be all kinds of fun.

EDIT: I'll be there.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:37:28 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 10, 2013, 05:59:22 pm »

Game in an hour.

And I just saw your edit, Shoruke, glad you'll be there!
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 10, 2013, 06:59:44 pm »

Server's up: 207.179.154.252
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 10, 2013, 07:18:50 pm »

I'll be late.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 10, 2013, 07:22:24 pm »

Damn DST timeskip. On my way.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 10, 2013, 08:00:05 pm »

Damn DST timeskip.
Yeah, same. I thought I was 3 minutes early, not an hour late   :-\
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 17, 2013, 05:59:12 pm »

Very sorry, everyone, but I am not going to be able to run the game tonight. I think I've got something of a stomach bug that's slowly getting worse, and I don't think I'll be able to concentrate on the game enough to run it. Hopefully this is enough notice.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 17, 2013, 06:00:30 pm »

Please excuse the dreadfully unstylish double-post...

Will, I was wondering about taking some of the SRD Prestige Classes, and need to know about messing around with the requirements.
-Arcane Trickster: Says I need Mage Hand and lvl 3 arcane spells. If I have Umbral Hand (literally described as "like Mage Hand but better") and a level 3 mystery, will that suffice?
-Assassins: Is there any way around the Evil-only requirement? Alignment suppression, storyline fiat, etc.? I can think of several ways to fit it in with the story (like having someone in the King's employ teach me to be an assassin, or just have Eosri study anatomy/magic on his own), and if the balance bugs you, we could get rid of poison use or the death attack...

Interrupted-EDIT: Well, darn. Feel well soon. The flu has been going around my town, I had it earlier this week.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 17, 2013, 06:05:36 pm »

Please excuse the dreadfully unstylish double-post...

Will, I was wondering about taking some of the SRD Prestige Classes, and need to know about messing around with the requirements.
-Arcane Trickster: Says I need Mage Hand and lvl 3 arcane spells. If I have Umbral Hand (literally described as "like Mage Hand but better") and a level 3 mystery, will that suffice?
-Assassins: Is there any way around the Evil-only requirement? Alignment suppression, storyline fiat, etc.? I can think of several ways to fit it in with the story (like having someone in the King's employ teach me to be an assassin, or just have Eosri study anatomy/magic on his own), and if the balance bugs you, we could get rid of poison use or the death attack...

Interrupted-EDIT: Well, darn. Feel well soon. The flu has been going around my town, I had it earlier this week.
Arcane Trickster: That sounds like a fair compromise, in my opinion.
Assassin: I have eliminated most non-religious requirements for Alignment restrictions, and I feel assassin doesn't needs its evil alignment.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 18, 2013, 01:46:18 am »

So, I'll take my next level in Shadowcaster and get Darkstalker for my feat... then take a level in Assassin... then I guess I need a level in rogue, for evasion and skill points... and then I can start working on Arcane Trickster, which is what all Rogue/Shadowcasters wish they could be. Full spellcasting progression? Partial sneak attack progression? Impromptu sneak attack? Much, much yes.

Hmm... maybe if skill point retraining is available I won't need that extra rogue level...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 22, 2013, 07:09:51 pm »

I'll be visiting family this weekend, but I'll be there upon the next.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45