Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 45

Author Topic: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Only  (Read 41702 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Only
« Reply #570 on: February 27, 2013, 08:23:09 pm »

So will I rise faster than fifteen feet per round or should I just make a new character right now and be done with it?

On another note, I realized a very easy way to make a scout very good. Dervish. Dual-wielding Small glaives. Count as one-handed, and you get reach. Kehehehehehe.

Finally, Willfor, if Dorf does die, a preemptive question. Can I make a Small chassis war forged? -2 Str, +2 Dex, 20 foot base land speed, and all the bonuses and penalties of being small?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 27, 2013, 08:25:53 pm »

So will I rise faster than fifteen feet per round or should I just make a new character right now and be done with it?

On another note, I realized a very easy way to make a scout very good. Dervish. Dual-wielding Small glaives. Count as one-handed, and you get reach. Kehehehehehe.

Finally, Willfor, if Dorf does die, a preemptive question. Can I make a Small chassis war forged? -2 Str, +2 Dex, 20 foot base land speed, and all the bonuses and penalties of being small?
To be honest, it's kind of a mathematical impossibility for you to survive this one. You might as well start rolling a new character.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 27, 2013, 09:26:01 pm »

Honestly, I'm no sure what to make. We have so many people in our party, everything seems covered. If I made an arcane caster, it'd likely be over powered, and I'm honestly wondering about just making joke characters. A fighter or a monk.

Though, a fighter 1/warmage 3 might work well. Casting fireball in breastplate yay?

But really, I'm either going with Sir Kerrous(paladin lancer, or horse archer fighter), or Inquisitor, your friendly neighborhood skillmonkey.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 27, 2013, 10:07:43 pm »

Well, Dorf is dead. I wasn't going to bother trying to make 11 checks.

So is there a way for smite evil to be done with a ranged attack?

And are we level 5 yet?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 28, 2013, 12:00:09 am »

So, when Eosri gets down to (near) sea level, does he see any floating bodies?
Or, just you know, anything besides water really.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 28, 2013, 03:01:19 pm »

You only find water.

Also, everyone is now actually level 5. Your loot will come at the start of the next session, and it's not in the form of money at the moment.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 28, 2013, 07:40:56 pm »

Due to general unsatisfactory gameplay performance, I will retire Lawbringer in favour of a Master of Shrouds build. I have discussed it with Willfor, and he cleared the concept. I'll post the sheet when I have him done.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 28, 2013, 08:55:24 pm »

Another mistake to add to my apparent difficulties with keeping track of bonuses/rules: Rapid Shot subtracts 2 from each attack, not just the extra attack. Ah well, now I know.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 28, 2013, 09:05:09 pm »

If you take Improved Rapid Shot, you don't get any penalties at all!

Time for my thought of the day. Found a really good way to kill casters. Group of eight or nine 6th to 8th level people. Probably two scouts, three fighters, two barbarians, and maybe a ranger and a paladin. What you do, is you give one of the fighters an item that projects an anti magic field. Give the ranger, fighters, and scouts bows with magic arrows. Not magic bows. When the arrows leave the field, they get all their properties, and the group is more or less immune to magic for a time. The barbarians and paladin are there to deal with possibly Gated threats, while everyone else fucks the caster as hard as they possibly can. Foolproof? Hell no. Any number of ways to kill them, not least of which is a simple Mordenkainen's disjunction paired with a few DB fireballs. Better than a lot of things short than another caster though.

And finally, for what I wanted to get to! I'll be playing Sir Kerrous, the Paladin Bard, trying not to die/get kicked out, and so I make a few requests. May I please play a variant paladin which uses charisma instead of wisdom? And can someone tell me what our money total is right now?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 28, 2013, 11:07:15 pm »

Rolepgeek, a much simpler method would be to just use a Rune-scarred berserker. Because they can get AMF as a Rune-scar. Hence why it is -the- Barbarian PrC.

Most Paladin abilities are already based off of Charisma.

EDIT: Also, I talked it over with Willfor, and I went with a Soulknife fix published by Garryl. Rather than cloud of shadows.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:09:38 pm by Wrex »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 28, 2013, 11:13:05 pm »

But I want to play a support paladin/bard. Like a magic marshal. I want to be able to sing as I smite my foes. Ally, once we level up, I would like to use a homebrew prestige class taking bits from the Orator, Divine Crusader, etc. to make a bard-paladin prestige class about righteous fervor and inspiration.

But I also suffer heavily from MAD, so having Cha for spells would be a great help.

Another question. Would it be at all advisable to use mounted stuff? A smite with a lance of charging and spirited charge will tend to kill most evil things in one go. But...the trick is getting the room to do so.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 28, 2013, 11:21:33 pm »

Why not just....dragonfire inspiration like all effective buff bards?

Yes you do. It would be much easier to drop paladin.

No. Not unless it can fly. Or cast magic.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 01, 2013, 12:02:31 am »

I'm not draconic is why. And I like this guy for the flavor. That flavor does not involve lighting my allies on fire. Oso already tried that. But on another note...Willfor approved the Charisma magic. So hurray.

Now I actually have an excess of feats...time to look for good ones related to smiling and/or bardic music.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 01, 2013, 01:19:37 am »

But I want to play a support paladin/bard. Like a magic marshal. I want to be able to sing as I smite my foes. Ally, once we level up, I would like to use a homebrew prestige class taking bits from the Orator, Divine Crusader, etc. to make a bard-paladin prestige class about righteous fervor and inspiration.
You know, you could just take levels in Marshal from the Miniatures Handbook and then go into Mythic Exemplar down the Charisma path. It does... exactly what you want. Alternatively (or at the same time) go into Warrior Skald for a level or two from some Faerun book, but that's 3.0 stuff. (Not updated, though.)

As for the mounted combat, I recommend having a horse, if you want one, but using it all the time is just impractical. They refuse to go underground, they're hard to maneuver in hallways... you really need to be outdoors. With our path thus far, I wouldn't count on many open-field slugfests.

Time for my thought of the day. Found a really good way to kill casters.
Me too! I just came up with a build that gets +95 to Hide and Move Silently as well as immunity to all magical and mundane forms of detection* without using any magic himself, and he can activate a dimensional lock effect as well as an antimagic field to prevent teleportation. The stabbing takes a little bit, but enough Black Lotus Extract speeds the process.

*Normal sight, darkvision, low-light vision, blindsense, blindsight, mindsight, lifesense, lifesight, earthsense, tremorsense, scent, detect magic/arcane sight, detect poison, see invisibility (trick, he's not actually invisible!), and even direct psionic mind probing.

(My brother tasked me with creating a level 10 character to kill Vecna, the undead god of magic. The other option was a hyperpaladin using shenanigans to permanently destroy undead a la Hunter of the Dead with an insanely boosted Turn Undead ability.  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 01, 2013, 09:47:49 am »

What about detect alignment spells? And does they use any magic items? Or supernatural abilties?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 45