Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 45

Author Topic: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Only  (Read 41743 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Only
« Reply #330 on: January 17, 2013, 10:01:47 pm »

I was just reading through 'The Quintessential Ranger', and noticed a few nice flavorish items (And about 5 TWF-related feats). Do you mind if I retroactively pick up a hatchet and a bow case for my ranger? Hatchet is like a dagger, but 5ft range, 1d6 damage, 2x crit, and slashing only, and bow case protects one's longbow from bad weather.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 08:52:35 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 17, 2013, 10:30:18 pm »

I think bow case is assumed.

I believe my char has a hatchet...did I give him one? I know I like to give my people plenty of versatility.

Speaking of which, if we hadn't had a ranger, I would've made a scout. And eventually get a +1 Returning Javelin. I feel like it's badass.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 17, 2013, 10:38:29 pm »

Where as I have my next level planned out for this character, does anyone have idea for the next mantle I should take?  I am looking at freedom, but a I am not seeing how it could help the party as a whole.  Any ideas would be welcome.  (Class mantles are in Complete Psionic page 66)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 17, 2013, 10:46:35 pm »

What's your character concept, and which ones do you already have? It's hard to assist otherwise.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 17, 2013, 10:52:28 pm »

Already have energy mental, and force.  As for character concept, that is up to debate.  Anything else I take I can rp easy enough, once I figure out what I am taking. 

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 18, 2013, 04:45:36 am »

How is it better than Mithral full plate, exactly? Is it because you don't need ANY dex to use it at max efficiency?
Yes, as well as being cheaper (presumably, since we have the materials) while granting an extra AC. There is also the fact that my dex is 10 and unlikely to rise.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 18, 2013, 09:03:36 am »

Then yeah, it's probably the best you can get short of adamantium version of it. Oslo on the other hand will be wearing Mithras full plate as soon as I get battle caster and the money. Full armored warlock.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 18, 2013, 01:18:10 pm »

Armor? Other people still wear that crap? (I kid  :P)

I briefly considered getting myself some +1 Twilight Shadowsilk hide armor, but in order to avoid spell failure chance, that would cost 6,500 gp, and give only 1 more AC than my Steel Shadows spell, which I can cast between 1 and 3 times every day (lasts 10mins per level), for a standard action. +3 armor and +3 shield AC is pretty damn good considering it's free, so if I increase my AC any further for the next few levels it'll be from increases to Dex or deflection/natural armor.

But I am thinking of getting a Cloak of Minor Displacement soon. Mix that with shadowy illumination, and enemies have only a 64% chance to even target me successfully. Not bad.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 04:20:59 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 18, 2013, 02:50:05 pm »

If we're not going over level 10 like Willfor says, armor should remain pretty useful for me, especially with all of my abilities that add Ac bonuses that stack with armor.  :D

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 18, 2013, 09:44:25 pm »

If we were going to level eleven, I would be able to make badass armor. +27, maybe 37 to use magic device rolls, Able to take ten, and DC 25 + spell level to imitate a spell for crafting purposes. That's all ninth level spells, as scrolls. At eleventh level.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 19, 2013, 07:51:40 pm »

Possible I'm going to be late tomorrow... but I won't know for sure until I get off of work.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 19, 2013, 07:59:05 pm »

Pretty sure I'mma be there.
And if The Fool doesn't show up I'll call his house and ask why.

8)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 20, 2013, 01:50:14 pm »

I know that, but I'm just reminding you that I DO have craft armorsmithing as well as masterwork tools for the job. Still need to know if I have enough scales to make any armor or what armors I can make with the scales available
There would be enough to make it from your share.

I could use some form of heavy armor.

Heavy Plate is from Races of Stone, normally costs 2000gp. +9 AC, max dex +0, ACP –8, 45% arcane spell failure chance. Weighs about 100 pounds in standard steel format. Up to Willfor if it's allowed, but it's just about the best armor one can buy that doesn't require Exotic Armor Proficiency. I'd gladly trade my cash in for such a thing. (I have money left over from last time and could use my 500gp reward to supplement the 700gp of -presumably consumed - scales.)
Allowed.

I was just reading through 'The Quintessential Ranger', and noticed a few nice flavorish items (And about 5 TWF-related feats). Do you mind if I retroactively pick up a hatchet and a bow case for my ranger? Hatchet is like a dagger, but 5ft range, 1d6 damage, 2x crit, and slashing only, and bow case protects one's longbow from bad weather.
Allowed.

Game in 6 hours and 10 minutes.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 20, 2013, 02:28:59 pm »

No word on if I can use Trickery Devotion or Umbral Shroud? Or use mysteries to hold the Reserve effect of the latter? Or buy a Dark Lantern?

Also, if using a Dark Lantern and Hiding in the area of low illumination (possible even without Hide in Plain Sight), would casual observers notice the wandering zone of low illumination?

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 20, 2013, 02:41:05 pm »

Look what I've started. The RP is contagious~

Also, GM, I would like to request if the Trickery Devotion and Umbral Shroud feats (both from Complete Champion page 63) are available. The Errata for Trickery Devotion says that your duplicate doesn't get any of your magical gear, and I was wondering if I could use Mysteries to hold in [reserve] for Umbral Shroud.

Also want to know if Dark Lanterns (Tome of Magic page 156) are available for purchase. Yes, I would totally use this thing in combat, giving absolutely everyone a 20% miss chance against everyone else unless the attacker has blindsense or darkvision or something. You know, like what I've got.  :P
Sorry, I missed this question before.

Complete Champion is actually one of the ones I don't have, so I'm not sure if I can be very accommodating there. However, I do have the Tome of Magic, and Dark Lanterns should be available for purchase.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 45