Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45

Author Topic: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Only  (Read 41676 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Only
« Reply #600 on: March 02, 2013, 03:27:49 pm »

Hello?

I think I'm probably gonna be the party diplomancer by the way. +18 to Diplomacy...without magic items.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 02, 2013, 05:24:30 pm »

Hello?

I think I'm probably gonna be the party diplomancer by the way. +18 to Diplomacy...without magic items.
You do that, and I'll shoot them in the face if they start attacking. Deal?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 02, 2013, 05:30:01 pm »

Hello?

And I will impale them.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 02, 2013, 05:31:29 pm »

Hello?

And I will impale them.
So yeah, it's either they play nice or the entire party tears them to bits.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 02, 2013, 05:54:31 pm »

Oh yeah, don't forget the +4d6+3 damage and +5 to hit you guys will be getting. +3 to saves against charm and fear isn't really going to matter, but it's something.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 02, 2013, 08:37:31 pm »

I've decided on a few more items for my pack, being a set of field guides for identifying creatures of various types, as well as a book on history and an atlas. In game terms, a Masterwork Tool for each of the knowledge skills. They're 50gp apiece, so getting one for Arcana, Architecture, Dungeoneering, Geography, History, Local, Nature, Nobility, Religion, and the Planes should be 500gp. Since we're getting into political stuff and I actually have a surprisingly passable disguise check, I'll be buying a disguise as well.

Set of Books     500gp
5x Sunrod     10gp
1x Antitoxin     50gp
1x Everburning Torch     110gp
5x Sunrod     10gp
Noble's Outfit     75gp
Signet Ring     5gp
Quaal’s Feather Token, Tree    400gp

TOTAL: 1160gp

Think that'll do it. Time to apply more skill points and whatnot for level 5. (Any word on Iaijutsu Focus?)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 02, 2013, 08:41:51 pm »

How did you get a Noble's Outfit for cheap?

Also, that's good to know. I was going to spend a bunch of ranks in knowledge with Collector of Stories skill trick to identify Monsters...but now I can focus on the ones I care about!(That is, nobility, religion, and history)

Speaking of...I think I'll trade Bardic Knowledge for Bardic Knack, or maybe Bardic Loresong. What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:00:52 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 02, 2013, 09:56:33 pm »

Crap...I really need to get Perform as a class skill for my paladin levels...I'm not sure whether to get Lingering Song, From Song to Smite, or Able Learner...At level 6 I'll be taking Initiate of Milil.

Which one do you guys think I should get?

And also, Barbarossa, you should spend 2 points on the skill trick Collector of Stories. It'll be very helpful(i think), costs little, and I feel like it fits the fluff of a crusading librari- I mean truenamer.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 02, 2013, 10:53:04 pm »

They're listed in the SRD for 75gp, so I figure I just bought some fancy clothes the last time we were in a town and buying items. It's not a 'royal outfit', by any means. There has to be some kind of market for it.

Able Learner is a handy feat if you have a lot of skill points to burn, but Lingering Song frees up some actions. From Smite to Song is probably best if you're planning on multiclassing Bard/Paladin with a significant number of levels in Paladin.

Collector of Stories is probably the best thing I could possibly do at this level, thanks! I think that will apply to the knowledge checks I make for Knowledge Devotion, and it fits thematically. All of my skill points will be going towards knowledge checks that can be used to identify monsters, truenaming, and possibly Iaijutsu Focus, so it looks like we can split Knowledge atwixt us.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 03, 2013, 12:26:15 am »

I'm actually a bit short on skill-points, since I'm multiclassing into paladin, so I'm only taking Nobility and Royalty(I may be able to cast magic and be blessed by my god but that don't mean I know shit about him) for the Diplo bonus. I think I'm going with From Smite to Song because neither of the others actually gives me Perform as a class skill, and I need it as a class skill if I want Initiate of Melil to work properly. Disguise is also always a class skill for me. Meaning I'm pretty much always going to be putting my Paladin skill points into Perform, Diplo, and Disguise.

Ugh! I need more skill points! I only get 52. Do we have any UMD people or do I need to get that? I can save some by only having Perform (sing) rather than string instruments, and get a Harmonizing weapon later...but still.

Well...after lowering Disguise(I have Disguise Self spell, after all), and getting rid of string instruments, I now have the knowledges that Barb doesn't; ones that can't be used to identify monsters, but will be very useful in any setting with intrigue. And they help my features.

Plus, Bardic Knowledge lets me identify magic items! Yay! And I'm pretty sure truenaming can buff that if I work with my fellow chanting templar!

Oh! One last thing I forgot to ask. Next level, would you guys prefer I had Song of the Heart or Suggestion? I can exchange bardic music abilities for bardic music feats.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:29:45 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 03, 2013, 03:36:47 am »

I currently do have an utterance to raise any skill check by +5, but spamming powers is a good way to be unable to use them anymore for the day.  :P (Each time I use it the DC goes up by 2.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 03, 2013, 04:30:58 pm »

So, I haven't been able to find any prestige classes for bard-paladin, at least one that are not homebrew, or homebrew that I like. If anyone knows how to make or find PrCs, could they help? I'm looking for the bastard child of sublime chord, fochluchan lyrist, and purple dragon knight.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 03, 2013, 04:32:03 pm »

By the way, no session for me today.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 03, 2013, 04:54:04 pm »

As I said earlier, Mythic Exemplar is probably the way to go. It'll let you keep bard stuff while letting you advance some paladin casting.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 03, 2013, 05:31:54 pm »

Yeah, I was looking at that...I like it, but I don't think Archetype Advancement applies to anything I have, which renders a big chunk of the prestige class useless.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45