Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 45

Author Topic: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Only  (Read 41656 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Accepting Submissions
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2012, 10:55:43 pm »

I was using this class, as Wilfor though it would be intresting to see what it could do.

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=7697.0

I can tank! And Am Immune to most save or Dies, the only attack that really matters!

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2012, 01:24:07 am »

What about Save or Lose, or Save or Suck, or No Save Just Suck?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2012, 02:51:06 am »

Warforged Juggernaut is pretty good at stopping those, what with all the immunities. Slap on an aura of silence to prevent Words of Power and you're golden. Or Death Ward to stop those pesky negative energy effects. Not much to do against Solid Fog except antimagic or freedom of movement, though.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2012, 06:18:52 pm »

Construct type gives a fairly broad spectrum immunity to most SoD, Key word most. Other than that, I'll be keeping up sacred ward 100% of the time when I get it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2012, 07:02:22 pm »

What rules for construct are you using? How do you not have a level adjustment, and are somehow using divine weapons at level 2? As well, the reason, my tank is meatshieldy is because he can heal himself. By a lot. Up to 26 healing in three rounds if everything goes well. Even if it doesn't, I still heal 5 every three rounds, automatically, plus Martial Stance and Crusader's Strike.

I just realized your shield gives you +4 bonus to AC. That's a joke char, right?

Keep in mind, Willfor can always balance the enemies to fit.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2012, 08:02:14 pm »

Actually....I thought it was awesome at first, but not that I've thought about it, I agree that it's horribly OP. It needs SOME disadvantage(and a major one) or something to make it really balanced. I mean, construct at level 1? Spell Turning basically at will at level 3? A SIZE INCREASE AT LEVEL 5?! Not to mention a strength boost EVERY LEVEL, and since the class gets natural armor 5+strength boost(plus +1 every size increase), this is beyond tank and into ridiculousness.

Edit:......also, this class as a capstone(level 20), gets DIVINE RANK 5!!!!!!!!!! WTF?!(though we probably won't get THAT high, but still...

If we are gonna run THAT char, can I change my char to a certain kobold? (You know which one I'm talking about)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 08:37:39 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2012, 08:59:20 pm »

I don't think Deekin Scaleskin is a good idea for this campaign.

EDIT: Any comments on that class I posted? I'll throw up a sheet in a moment based on it, but I'm definitely willing to edit it if it seems overpowered.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 10:01:43 pm by Barbarossa TSG »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2012, 10:18:55 pm »

I could, of course, play a BFC caster and make the rest of the party irrelevant, as I prefer to play mage classes.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2012, 10:22:46 pm »

I think that you wildly overestimate the capability of level 2 battlefield control. Maybe at higher levels, but Color Spray is about as good as it gets for level 1 spells. And then there's the fact that other people in the party (Clerics and Druids in particular) can do BFC just about as well.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2012, 10:23:20 pm »

I was, of course, speaking long term. 1st level spells aren't exactly game changers :p

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2012, 10:32:47 pm »

Admittedly Color Spray and Command can be ridiculously good at this level. I wouldn't mind some BFC in the long term, so long as it's not horrendously overdone. In fact, the idea of a crusader/truenamer is all about controlling the battlefield in a radius around the character through the use of Perfected Map utterances and maneuvers that deny things like AoOs.

I also went through and did a bit more math on Truenaming, as I've only ever played one before in the mid-levels. (8-12.) It seems that I simply can't afford enough items to Truename efficiently at this level, and to get the requisite bonus (about +50 at level 10) to be able to consistently use my terrible abilities I'd need to spend 75% or more of my WBL. A question for Willfor: Instead of a DC of 15+2xCR, which makes it actually harder to affect enemies as I level, can we go with 15+CR? That way I can possibly keep up by maxing skills ranks every level.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2012, 11:02:05 pm »

So are we doing a munchkin campaign or a campaign where we make interesting characters that aren't just meant to kill the Tarrasque at 2nd level?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2012, 11:03:48 pm »

I enjoy your belief that optimised characters cannot be intresting. It amuses me greatly.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2012, 11:05:58 pm »

Not that they can't. It's just less fun to play a meatshield when the caster kills/paralyzes everything fast enough that you aren't needed.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2012, 11:09:09 pm »

But when the only reason you are alive is because the caster SoD'd/SoS'd/SoL'd them, it's kinda embarrasing.

Notice how I have nothing to compel people to engage me. By all rights, they can ignore me. Which negates the entire point of everything.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 45