Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 45

Author Topic: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Only  (Read 41742 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Only
« Reply #420 on: January 25, 2013, 12:15:57 am »

Hooray! Also, since I spent 2000 gp on enchanting the longbow, does anyone have any idea what I should spend the remaining 1600ish gp on? Bracers of armor or a cloak of resistance are inside the budget, but I'm not sure if I want them.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 25, 2013, 12:19:11 am »

I'd go with the cloak myself
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 25, 2013, 12:50:45 am »

I'm usually of the opinion that a +1 to something isn't nearly as awesome as having a whole new thing to do, or as useful as a percentage-based increase. Hence, I got a Hand of the Mage (infinite mage hand, lets me carry stuff indifinitely) and a Dark Lantern (Hide anywhere, non-darkness-seeing creatures have 20% miss chance against me).

So, you might consider...
-a wand of CLW or Lesser Vigour, to let yourself be a healer
-miscellaneous potions for a rainy day: Endure Elements, Pass Without Trace...
-if you've got a spell list, pick up scrolls for spells you might need once but won't bother preparing: Alarm, Delay Poison...
-pick up some scrolls of Summon Monster/Nature's Ally for boss fights. Nothing soaks damage like mooks!
(see, scrolls are harder to activate than potions, but if you can use them reliably they're 1/2 the cost of potions and way more versatile since they can target things outside of tongue-kissing range)

EDIT: Now I wish I was better at UMD. Three Scrolls of Summon Fiendish Exploding Beetles would make for some bitchin' aggro control. Or the world's second-best diversion. (the best diversion, as proven by Guru Pitka, being elephants humping on a skating rink)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 12:58:25 am by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 25, 2013, 01:00:52 am »

Eh, ranger only gets spells at level 4, so until then getting scrolls isn't that much use to me.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 25, 2013, 12:30:43 pm »

Assuming you have access to a class with the spell on it and the appropriate attribute score, the DC for activating scrolls is Caster Level +1. To use level 1 scrolls is DC 2, and level 2 scrolls are DC 4. That's also assuming you can read them, but if you buy them from a store, you get to interpret them for free.

Got 12 charisma? Or 1 rank in UMD? Because if so you can start using level 1 scrolls immediately with no checks, they're just spells that you buy and hold in your hand.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 25, 2013, 07:29:17 pm »

Well, I may not be available for the next few weeks.  Got a call from work saying I may be sent out to support some operations in the Pacific.  Not 100% yet, but I thought I'd give you all a heads up.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 25, 2013, 07:32:40 pm »

Does it have anything to do with that vessel that got stranded in a reef? :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 25, 2013, 07:34:31 pm »

Yes, but that is all I know.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 25, 2013, 08:07:30 pm »

I'm betting the commander of that vessel is now sporting several new assholes from his CO chewing on his ass-as well as not ever being allowed within 100 miles of a ship again. I mean, if several people warn you the chart you are using may not be accurate and that you are about to run aground, LISTEN

Anyways, still unsure what to spend the remainder of my money on, though I was thinking of a cl3 divine favor potion....
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 26, 2013, 05:37:11 pm »

It's gonna take "the next few weeks" to deal with a boat that ran aground? Was it full of personal letters or something?

Guess I shouldn't ask too pointedly about work-related stuff in Forum Games & Roleplaying though. If you do end up leaving, be well and come back soon!

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 26, 2013, 09:58:12 pm »

I'll definitely be back, should they send me out.  I have been unable to get my gaming fix IRL, since the Navy keeps me rather busy.  If they do send me out, feel free to have someone play my char so you have your dedicated caster.  Still have not gotten confirmation yet that I am going, but the possibility exists.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 26, 2013, 10:27:04 pm »

Anyone have good ideas for what Oso should spend with his 4000 some-odd gold?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 26, 2013, 10:30:40 pm »

I don't know if he can buy some common sense :P

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 26, 2013, 10:51:02 pm »

I want my Wis to go DOWN, not up. I'm getting skill points in return. :)

How about a Hat of Disguise? Or should I get a Cloak of Charisma? I could improve my AC by 4 points by using Bracers, enchanting my armor, and getting a +1 Mithral Buckler. Maybe a Magic Manual and two wands...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 27, 2013, 01:00:29 am »

Bracers of armour don't stack with actual armour, since they grant an armour bonus, FYI

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 45