Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 45

Author Topic: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Only  (Read 41756 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Only
« Reply #405 on: January 24, 2013, 05:02:32 pm »

Willfor, if I get a wand of CLW with only 25 charges, can I get it for half price? This way I can still have my wand and be able to pay the costs for the Least Legacy ritual for my shield(I need 1500g, and atm I had to not get the wand I wanted)

Oh, for the ritual the requirement is that I(or anyone else) use the spell lesser energized shield to protect from the energy attack of a monster that has a CR equal to or greater than the party(i.e. I don't need to be alone for this), and I need to survive the encounter. (since I've done this already, I don't need to do the ritual, just pay the cost)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 24, 2013, 07:07:09 pm »

We have MOAR MONIES?

Good for me, I can buy an Amulet of Mage Hand and have my new lantern float around me without having to actually hold it. Lets me cast spell with one hand and stabbity-stab stab with the other. (not that I'm actually too great at the stabbing, but still)

Also I'll pick up a Potion of Cure Light Wounds. I don't have enough money left to afford a wand, and I only need it to survive long enough to get back to the healer if we get split up. Or to revive the healer if he gets knocked out somehow.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 07:10:50 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 24, 2013, 09:10:37 pm »

Willfor, if I get a wand of CLW with only 25 charges, can I get it for half price? This way I can still have my wand and be able to pay the costs for the Least Legacy ritual for my shield(I need 1500g, and atm I had to not get the wand I wanted)

Oh, for the ritual the requirement is that I(or anyone else) use the spell lesser energized shield to protect from the energy attack of a monster that has a CR equal to or greater than the party(i.e. I don't need to be alone for this), and I need to survive the encounter. (since I've done this already, I don't need to do the ritual, just pay the cost)

1) Yes.

2) Noted, approved.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 24, 2013, 09:29:47 pm »

Yo, people, how much wealth do we have per person? I lost track ;_;

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 24, 2013, 09:34:55 pm »

Well, I managed to turn all our scales into suits of armor+shield to sell(minus me and barbarossa, we are wearing ours), so the profit per person is 1365(since dragonhide sells for double normal price). Add that to the dragon hoard and the 500g bonus for capturing the ship and we nabbed a total of 3013g per person for this session

Edit:ok, after enchanting my armor, paying 1500g(donated to the nearest church of Pelor of course) for the Least Legacy ritual costs, and paying 375g for the wand, I have 209g and 5s left over. What to do with it....
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 09:40:09 pm by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 24, 2013, 09:47:16 pm »

Total wealth, not the wealth we got just from this session.

1900+ 3013 should give us total coin
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 09:49:41 pm by Wrex »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 24, 2013, 09:51:45 pm »

Well then last figure I'm aware of is we've got 1000g for the last shopping trip, so total wealth should be 4013(not including starting wealth and anything you had left over)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 24, 2013, 10:19:26 pm »

That figure included starting wealth, o it was the total GP equivalent

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 24, 2013, 10:45:12 pm »

oh, you mean for your new char? I'm not sure the bonus from the last shopping trip counts, but 3rd level chars start with 2700g, so you'll at least have 5713g(or 6713 if the previous bonus applies, which would be a stretch imo but is up to willfor)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 24, 2013, 10:50:14 pm »

Hehehehe...money...but how to spend it? Nerveskitter boots will cost me a lot, but they're boots of 'always go first', which men they're flat-footed...and I go against their touch AC. Nothing can avoid my puny crappy shots of making you mildly ill! Mwahahahaha! I could buff my AC by three or four...get some meh magic weapons...wands maybe. A Magic Device of Use Magic Device +5 would only cost me 2500 go, and that's a big boost for me at this point...+15 on UMD rolls? Hell yes. Next level I can take ten on them too. Level 5 scrolls, all your secrets are belong to me.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 24, 2013, 11:06:26 pm »

oh, you mean for your new char? I'm not sure the bonus from the last shopping trip counts, but 3rd level chars start with 2700g, so you'll at least have 5713g(or 6713 if the previous bonus applies, which would be a stretch imo but is up to willfor)

Yes, I get the same amount of total gold. He's still lawbringer, just in a different chassis. I asked Willfor, besides.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 25, 2013, 12:02:52 am »

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=504064

Double posting is bad form, but my sheet is nominally up. I just have to spend gold :3

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 25, 2013, 12:05:10 am »

Ah, went with a normal warforged I see. (Note to self, pick up the Ebberon sourcebook for the stats for a warforged. I really want to play one eventually)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 25, 2013, 12:07:49 am »

Warforged is always a good time. Do I see a Warforged Juggernaut in the future? Perhaps a Huggernaut?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 25, 2013, 12:09:33 am »

Nah, just more shenanigans involving pumping my attack bonus and smashing things. Also Spellward shirt. Hooray spell resistance!

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 45