Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45

Author Topic: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Only  (Read 41719 times)

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Only
« Reply #270 on: January 07, 2013, 01:27:20 am »

That is what I was looking for.  I would like to be able to say I am using 3 power points (or 2, or whatever number) and have it roll that many d6's and add that number to the roll.  Unfortunately,  nothing I have tried is working for that.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 07, 2013, 02:26:44 am »

You'll need to concatenate the strings together. It's one of the more complex operations. You need to build the string '[inserted number]' + d6 after setting the inserted number from an argument.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 07, 2013, 09:48:34 am »

Ok, now that I got my shield taken care of, can I say scribe a scroll of cure light wounds in the time before we're done shopping? if yes then I'll add it to my inventory and take the 3xp hit
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 07, 2013, 12:40:03 pm »

GM, can I (as a Shadowcaster) use a Pearl of Power to resupply Mysteries? They're supposed to be not quite magic, but a lot like it.

(let's see... at level three I can take either Weapon Finesse to make myself more melee-capable, or Line of Shadow to utterly troll people by fighting from behind cover... wait, my next level involves a touch attack for damage. Mwehehe. Free sneak attacks!  8))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:07:18 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

germaina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 07, 2013, 07:36:46 pm »

So, adding Energy push to power list (damage plus moving things potentially smashing them into other things) and taking Psionic Endowment (can up save DCs by one) for my feat.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5 D&D Maptools/IRC] A Duke's Final Mistake - Waiting List Positions Only
« Reply #275 on: January 07, 2013, 07:37:50 pm »

Still taking submissions? Good, but a question: How would you guys take carrying around a light ballista, and what feats would you allow for it? Would you accept siege op./crossbow/both?

On a side note, Minotaur running around with a ballista. (Still have to finish character sheet- browser crashed when I got it finished without saving...)
1) It's currently for waiting list positions.

2) ... Is that possible with ANY currently published or homebrew material?

I'd consider it possible because some book (I'd found it on the SRD, but can't seem to find that page now; searching provides Heroes of Battle as a source-checking into that) states that a light ballista is a Large weapon, and can be operated by 1 medium or large creature (mediums take attack penalty).

*snip*

EDIT: This was confirmed by checking the Heroes of Battle .pdf found here, table top of page 67, stating that a light ballista is a medium weapon, and can thus be used by a large creature, no problem. The thing itself will weigh 400 lbs. and each bolt will weigh 6 lbs, so I can take penalties accordingly, and make a sufficiently strong minotaur.
Alright, go for it.

Ok, now that I got my shield taken care of, can I say scribe a scroll of cure light wounds in the time before we're done shopping? if yes then I'll add it to my inventory and take the 3xp hit
Yes.

GM, can I (as a Shadowcaster) use a Pearl of Power to resupply Mysteries? They're supposed to be not quite magic, but a lot like it.
Yes.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 08, 2013, 01:02:39 am »

Alright, scratched the idea of the minotaur with a ballista- would work, but I don't want to have to fiddle with getting strength high enough to carry that around reasonably, or having to adjust for large size (LA on normal minotaurs, Krynn are medium size)

Instead I'm bringing in a char that I drafted a while ago for no specific campaign, and I think she will fit in nicely (as long as there aren't any elves in the party)
Shedelio Elfbane
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 08, 2013, 11:06:13 pm »

Where's the swordmaster class from?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 09, 2013, 12:19:18 am »

Where's the swordmaster class from?

Homebrew from here, but nerfed a bit. Every extra fighter bonus feat and 2x dexterity to AC seemed pretty OP to me, so I took them out
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 11, 2013, 02:09:25 pm »

Oh my gosh you guys drawing in perspective is hard
But I think I did it

Also you might notice I had Eosri pay 5gp for some "Artisan's Tools", in this case a nice pencil & pen and an awesome 100% accurate eraser that works on everything and- this is the noticeable part here- some not-exactly-watercolour paints. I'm assuming brushes & such weigh less than hammers and chisels though, so I reduced the weight to 3lb.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:19:05 pm by shoruke »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 12, 2013, 11:29:29 pm »

Presumably there's a game tomorrow? Or later today, depending on time zones and how long it is before you (yes, you!) read this?

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 12, 2013, 11:30:28 pm »

Yes.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 12, 2013, 11:57:57 pm »

Still haven't thought what to buy. Probably some wands...a wand of Web or something similar would be nice. Magic Items are very useful...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 13, 2013, 12:12:05 am »

No idea what to buy here either. I might just browse the SRD when we get to the session.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 13, 2013, 12:37:49 am »

You two could put your money together and buy me a Dark Lantern so that I can sneak attack with a bow continuously!

Or, if your armour's masterwork, you could have an enchanter throw a +1 on it. +5% chance to not get smote is always handy... well, it's handy 5% of the time that someone tries to hit you...

Do we have a dedicated healer? You could always stock up on potions/scrolls/a wand of Lesser Vigour. A wand of Lesser Vigour costs 750 gp, and is worth up to 550 hp points of healing. Should last until you can afford Prayer Beads.

A slightly longer-term option is to use the Item Creation Rules (hoping like crazy the GM lets you, natch) to make a command-activated Ring of Cure Light Wounds (or Lesser Vigour) with one or two charge per day. Costs 360 or 720 gp, respectively.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 01:05:40 am by shoruke »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45