Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper-esque gamemode?  (Read 3955 times)

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper-esque gamemode?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2012, 04:42:22 pm »

You start allied to a civilization of hypocrites that eat their enemy's corpses after battles. You're able to blind your own people so they show no fear in combat. You execute children because they use your resources. Who said you're the good guy?
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Manveru Taurënér

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2012, 04:50:22 pm »

You start allied to a civilization of hypocrites that eat their enemy's corpses after battles. You're able to blind your own people so they show no fear in combat. You execute children because they use your resources. Who said you're the good guy?

Just because you and a vocal minority of players do that doesn't mean that others or the dwarves in general are like that ;P

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2012, 04:51:27 pm »

Minority? Look at this forum. EVERY FREAKING PERSON DOES IT!
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2012, 04:55:30 pm »

What am I, chopped liver?
Your claims that all, or even a majority, of DF players are that horrible are unfounded and contradictory with your claim that we're allied with the elves.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2012, 05:50:01 pm »

Minority? Look at this forum. EVERY FREAKING PERSON DOES IT!

I've never done it.

Garrosh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2012, 06:37:25 pm »

It takes someone special to do horrible things and justifying it by saying everyone does it...

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2012, 06:41:57 pm »

The greatest part of my fortress is that : creating a big mechanism or something fun to kill children as soon as they are able to respond to a burrow call.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2012, 06:42:33 pm »

It takes someone special to do horrible things and justifying it by saying everyone does it...

Must not... offend... Godwin's law...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2012, 09:13:30 pm »

How could you offend Godwin's Law? It's an abstract concept.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2012, 07:17:35 am »

How could you offend Godwin's Law? It's an abstract concept.

It is very pedantic of you to say that, my good man. I am aware that it is an abstract concept, but I didn't have a clue about what term to use for making reference to the Nazis in relation to that law. I wouldn't break it, but I have heard people being described as "offenders of Godwin's law", so I just went with whatever I could.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2012, 03:16:47 pm »

What am I, chopped liver?
Your claims that all, or even a majority, of DF players are that horrible are unfounded and contradictory with your claim that we're allied with the elves.
You start allied. Most of the time.

The fact that you can do any of the things I listed means that you're not always the good guy. Some people might be the good guy and try to keep everyone happy, but "dungeon keeper" mode sounds like fortress mode while being a cruel bastard regular bay12er.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2012, 05:08:37 am »

. Some people might be the good guy and try to keep everyone happy, but "dungeon keeper" mode sounds like fortress mode while being a cruel bastard regular bay12er stereotypical Bay12er.
Fixed that for you.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2012, 07:45:09 am »

Yup, that's better.
Sig
Pages: 1 [2]