Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Feelings Beatdown  (Read 1061 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Feelings Beatdown
« on: November 22, 2012, 01:42:09 pm »

I feel awful. I know bitching about being alone on the internet is a cliche but, hey, that's what I am doing.

I suppose it started whe I went on leave back home. At one point in the middle of the week I visited my ex (her and I are pretty good friends still, she isn't one of those "punish you for loving me" types). She was very excited to see me, we had been talking a lot prior to me coming home and I felt the same way. We went out and got food and she wanted me to come over and meet her boyfriend. She said she wanted my approval. I gritted my teeth but I decided to go. It wasn't bad or awkward, quite the opposite in fact.

He is some hipster college bum who doesn't know what kind of degree he wants or what he will be when he gets out. He also smokes weed and cigarettes and shit. Nice enough though, that being said he will never even begin to approach something that isn't human trash in my eyes but whatever.

My ex and I have feelings for eachother. I know that much. She broke up with me because I had joined the Navy and was going to leave in 9 monthes and apparently even smart people can get "Sophomore girl syndrome" (when you end it prematurely or just never try because you don't want to deal with the end result of them leaving. I call it that because a sophomore girl usually ends up with a senior back when i was in high school). In tabout 5 monthes from that she ended up with her, at the moment, fix. They are living together and sleeping in the same bed, out of convenience, but still.

Then you have me, I have never had a relationship longer than a month and a half. It's usually very rapid with sex happening between the second and third week. I usually end up being the mistress because someone wants to mess around without leaving who they are with. I hate myself for it, but I concede and end up being used through, hated, and hating myself even more. I constantly over analyze, am bitter, jealous, when something neavative occurs I think of it as my due punishment, when something positive happens I consider it misplaced serendipity.

This whole situation happened about 2 monthes ago and at first I was in hystertics, comparing myself to everything and everyone, watching people get married and be happy. I have convelesced bit by bit over time and have been dealing with rejection after rejection with trying to just find someone to talk to and being pushed back, because I need to fill the hole my ex left ( I can no longer stomach talking to her now because I am reminded of myself). Everyone in my barracks is curious what is wrong with me but luckily i am able to manage a solid face most of the time.

I am falling apart. I just want someone to lean on, to validate myself. I realize that is awful, cold, and shallow. I don't care. I am so hollow and the holidays and weekends are so hard. I know no one can help and I really didn't ask any questions but I just needed to spill.

Post if you like, I will read every comment.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Feelings Beatdown
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 02:23:45 pm »

he will never even begin to approach something that isn't human trash in my eyes

Why?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 02:26:45 pm »

Yeah that stuck out to me too. Explain that and it might shed some light on things, heh.

If being a legitimately good guy isn't enough to be above human trash in your eyes, something's fucked up here.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 04:41:36 pm »

Because he replaced me. I realize it is male machismo bullshit. I'm not going to go out of the way to try and like the guy who pushed me aside. Even if he didn't do anything wrong.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 04:45:29 pm »

Plus I just said he was friendly. Why do I have to be pals with my successor?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 04:54:07 pm »

Because he replaced me. I realize it is male machismo bullshit. I'm not going to go out of the
way to try and like the guy who pushed me aside. Even if he didn't do anything wrong.

Why do I have to be pals with my successor?

Because if you accept that he's a decent guy, immediately your situation improves.

Compare:

Scenario A: He is subhuman trash.
Therefore, she replaced you with subhuman trash. Subhuman trash was better than you.

Scenario B: He's a decent guy.
Therefore, she replaced one decent guy with another decent guy. And you're a decent guy.

Therefore, you failed her. Her life will be bad because she's with subhuman trash and you're responsible for it.

Her life will still be ok. Sure, she not with you...but it's not like she's with a scumbag who will hurt her.

Therefore, it will be painful every time you see her because you'll be reminded that she's with subhuman trash.

It doesn't need to hurt. Sure, she's not with you, so maybe you're missing out...but you'll be able to spend time with her and not ask why she's with him. After all, he's a decent guy. It's ok.

I could give many other examples. You probably can too if you give it some thought. It's in your own best interest that he be a decent guy.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 05:21:58 pm »

Leave it to Bay12. I'm not looking to overhaul my attitude. I intend to remain selfish and angry and bitter about that. It is over, and done with. The only way to fix it is time and a lot of masochistic running.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 05:28:01 pm »

Atleast that is my plan on the subject. By the way talking about this is definately makingme feel better about it. Thanks guys.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 08:07:36 pm »

I'm not looking to overhaul my attitude.
I suggest you do so in the near future. Else I literally pity whoever has to deal with you, sheesh.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 10:27:51 pm »

Can I testify to what these dudes are saying? I met my ex-wife's boyfriend not too long ago. He's a nice enough fellow (for a Raiders fan,) who works hard, but will never amount to much of anything. He's a meek, kinda shy, boring guy. When I let myself realize that A) he's just another human who deserves to be treated as well as I do, and B) someone was going to replace me in the relationship, it was a lot easier for me to move on. Hell, that next week, I met my current ladyfriend, and I haven't been happier in years.

It really helps to move on. You have to let wounds heal, even emotional ones, or they'll fester and fuck you up permanently.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 01:43:33 pm »

Gee thanks guys.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 03:05:00 pm »

comparing myself to everything and everyone, watching people get married and be happy.

If you have to compare yourself to others, I'd suggest comparing yourself to those worse off than you.  Personally, whenever I think my life sucks, I think about the young street orphans in Africa.  I'm in paradise in comparison.  No offense anyone who grew up as a street orphan in Africa.

Thanks for serving in the military.  Note that it can be harder for anyone in the military to find a good relationship (not that it's easy for us civilians or anything).

I really wouldn't worry too much about your married buddies.  Some of them will inevitably be divorced in a few years, paying alimony and generally wishing they were never married in the first place.

Stick in there.  The holidays are a stressful time for everyone.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 06:00:51 pm »

comparing myself to everything and everyone, watching people get married and be happy.

If you have to compare yourself to others, I'd suggest comparing yourself to those worse off than you.  Personally, whenever I think my life sucks, I think about the young street orphans in Africa.  I'm in paradise in comparison.  No offense anyone who grew up as a street orphan in Africa.

Thanks for serving in the military.  Note that it can be harder for anyone in the military to find a good relationship (not that it's easy for us civilians or anything).

I really wouldn't worry too much about your married buddies.  Some of them will inevitably be divorced in a few years, paying alimony and generally wishing they were never married in the first place.

Stick in there.  The holidays are a stressful time for everyone.

Thanks, man. I think I'm over myself. Holidays are rough. I'm glad I have a community like this to help me out when I am down.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 09:40:47 pm »

Good luck man. I know your feels.

And as a sophmore guy in highschool, I just recently go prematurely dumped by a sophmore girl. I guess she had sophmore girl syndrome.  :-\ life's rough
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

AllThingsLive

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn, I'm a sexy bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 01:23:38 am »

I could type out a long, thought out comment for you, but I recommend you listen to the Joe Rogan Experience podcast.
(https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-joe-rogan-experience/id360084272)
If you haven't already, you MUST listen to the Joe Rogan Experience : http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-joe-rogan-experience/id360084272