Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Fragile Times: Act I, Scene IX: Hat Trick  (Read 6530 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Fragile Times: Act I, Scene IV: What Chu Want?
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2012, 02:21:45 am »

((On a side note, puppeteering? F*CK YEAH))
Hogarth wakes up.
*yawn* "Wow, that was a very intense dream. Falling into a new world where I had telekenisis, could control people, and apparently the local evil empire has no idea how to manage food crises."
Looking around, Hogarth does a double take.
"So it is real. This is the best day of my life!"
Hogarth quietly cheers and fistpumps, and then gets up quietly, so as to not disturb the others, goes quietly to the table, and practices his telekenisis by eating with it and manipulating objects on the table until the others wake up. If he's very sure of himself, he might try to levitate the table a few centimeters above the ground.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2012, 04:54:39 am »

Bob wakes up early as he usually does then heads outside and starts his morning routine of practicing all his spells except summoning
then Bob collects any leftover chuchu jelly to use as supplies and to maybe make some red potions
If we leave the inn summon up a Kargarok to carry some stuff

(oh and link to a list and pictures of all the wind waker enemies)
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fragile Times: Act I, Scene I: Adventure Begins
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2012, 08:37:40 am »

"Lesse what this day has in stock for us." Dsemend says, rising from the ground and stretching calmly before moving on to grab some grub which may have been left from the day before's dinner.

Upon finding the innkeeper, he waves to him friendly.
"So, mister Dodson, what do we do now? Do we set off to fight the Empire or do ya have something to tell us? Are ya coming with us?"

Go fetch breakfast. Talk to Dodson.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2012, 07:45:39 pm »

"I'm surprised I could even sleep after what happened."
Ross wakes up, then notices his musket laying on the floor.
"Good thing no-one tripped on that."
Reload the Musket.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2012, 08:24:04 pm »

When Valinri awakens, he'll search for some food and etc.

Ugh. -1 to everything in the sun...

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2012, 08:49:56 pm »

Damn. What did I take?
Theodore gets up, still woozy from his time spent asleep. He does a few quick stretches, hoping to get the kinks out of his back and the tiredness out of his mind.  It's been a while since a high lasted him over  a night, but he's not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.
"Yeah, I'll take some food too, if you will."
Get some food. Practice magic.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Fragile Times: Act I, Scene V: It's a Bird, It's a Plane...
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2012, 01:16:01 am »

"C'mon all of you, breakfast'll only stay hot for so long!"
Dodson is happily toasting bits of last night's bread over the wood-stove, and Alice is sweeping the floor, humming softly to herself. By the looks of things, they've already been up for at least an hour.

"What're those looks for? What kind of innkeepers would wait until their guests woke up to start cooking? I may be a bit out of practice, but that doesn't mean I've gotten lazy. And besides, Alice and I have done some thinkin' and we've got a bit of a plan that we'll explain to you after you get some food in your bellies."

As the party eats, Hogarth tries to use his powers to carry a piece of bread to his mouth, but he's still tired, and the jelly-slathered hunk of toast smacks him full in the face, sticking there.

"Ahhh! I can't see! It's in my eyes!"
"I've got you covered, man." Theodore peels the toast off of Hogarth's face and pops it into his mouth. "Ahh, that hit the spot. This trip's given me one bad case of the munchies. I've gotta remember whatever the hell it was that I took and get some more of it when I snap out of this."

As the party finishes up their meal, Dodson stands up and takes the map down from the wall of the inn. He seems to have marked out a few important areas on it.

"Alright, when you guys first showed up here, I was pretty sure that you'd do something stupid and die horribly within the first few hours. But I was wrong. After seein' that fight yesterday, I'm pretty confident that you guys are just what we need to take on the Empire. Since we let those last few soldiers get away though, they've probably told whoever's in charge that we're here. I'm not sure how things're are going elsewhere for them, but unless they're gettin' their asses handed to 'em somewhere else, they might see us as enough of a threat to send Komberg here. If they do and we haven't cleared out by the time he shows up, we're all gonna to die before we know what hits us. Fortunately though, we can use this to our advantage. If Komberg is movin' this way, then we might be able to slip past him into Whitebog. Whoever's there has provided enough of a resistance that Komberg's stayed there for a few months, so they might be able to help us, provided they haven't been torn into bloody chunks yet. Or, we can try headin' south to Cairnwoods. I'm not sure if there's anyone still there worth talkin' to, but back when this place was in business, all sorts of great warriors used to talk about going there. I doubt that they'll have nearly as many people as Whitebog, but there might be someone there who could go toe to toe with Komberg. It's up to you guys where we go, but there's no way we can stay here. Alice and I will follow you wherever you go and try to help out as best we can. We may not be fighters, but we can gather supplies and cook for you, and Alice is quite the seamstress if you find any bits of cloth and leather out there. I'll give you a few hours before we head out so that you can practice your skills and decide where you want to go, but you'll need to agree on a destination by noon. And if any of you see that elfy-lookin' fellow, could you tell him about this? I'm not sure where he's gone, but he's bound to show up sooner or later. He seems like the type that can survive pretty well on his own if he has to, but if Komberg catches him, there's no way that he's stayin' alive for very long."

Ross tries to load his musket while he thinks about where he wants to go, but the musket ball slips through his hands and falls through the floorboards.
"Damn! If there are any mice under there, I'd better hope they don't start forming an army with all the ammo I've been giving them."

Theodore attempts to practice his magic, but his mind soon wanders to wondering about what he took and where he should go.
"ABRA-KAROOFIES! Wait, maybe that's it! Maybe someone slipped some roofies into my drink earlier, and I'm actually passed out in a motel somewhere."

Bob goes outside and shoots a few fireballs off with his wand. He summons a Kargarok, but the bird's a bit smaller than normal."
"Looks like I got the runt of the litter... I was hoping for something a bit bigger, but I guess that this one can carry a few things."

Valinri looks about to see if there's any game around the mountain for him to hunt. He thinks that he sees an eagle soaring above the mountain, but the figure is hard to make out in the intense sunlight. Taking aim, he fires a single dart at his target, and is surprised to hear a furious roar from the direction of the eagle. The eagle appears to grow larger and larger, until Valinri realizes that it is not an eagle at all, but a stone-grey dragon plummeting towards him. The beast strikes the ground like a meteor, and even from several meters away Valinri can feel the ground shake. The enormous reptile shakes itself off, and then glares hungrily at Valinri.
"OH SHIIIIIIIII-"

Party Status:

Caerwyn
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spinal_Taper

Xantalos

Caellath

HighEndNoob

Noah Tophatz

Enemies:
Grey-Dragon: A forty foot long dragon with stone-like scales. It is not wounded, and is attacking Valinri.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:11:44 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2012, 03:43:59 am »

Make the kargarok carry any small things in the tavern that could be possible expensive, ask Dodson where his valuable stuff is so that we can take it with us when we leave also give the kargarok some bits of food to convince it to not run off before putting valuable stuff with it, we really don't want it to run off and dispel when it gets too far away from me when it has valuables
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2012, 12:49:59 pm »

"Thanks for the meal." Dsemend says before stretching a bit to make any remaining bits of sleepiness go away. He is still wondering why he has been missing his attacks and doing so badly since he was brought to this world. He was never a born warrior, but he wasn't that bad either.

"Eh, I'll take that offer and leave for a while to test my reflexes. See you later, mister."

Go outside, take some steps inside the forest and start to take down trees with hits from the coffin to get back in shape.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2012, 03:12:05 pm »

"Thanks for the food. Now, as to where we should go, Cairnwood sounds better. We should go there first, recruit some people who can actually fight this Kromberg, maybe get some training, and then head north to Whitebog to fend off Kromberg and his army; start a pushback there. Everyone agree?"
Hogarth continues to practice his magic while conversing with the others, and when the destination is agreed upon goes outside and tries to form some dirt and dust on the ground into a sphere, then a cube, then a pyramid, and proceeds up the polygons to develop additional control and precision.
Sig! Onol

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2012, 07:40:34 pm »

"Thank you for your hospitality. as a matter of where to go, I think we should go to Cairnwood."
Try again to reload my musket.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2012, 08:18:09 pm »

"Cairnwood seems good." Dsemend says offhandedly before leaving the inn. "If we head to Whitebog right now, we could as well be running into the jaws of the beast in we're unlucky enough."
>Yes?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2012, 08:21:18 pm »

"My thoughts exactly. We'll have to go there soon enough, however, but I'd like to get backup before we do that."
Sig! Onol

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2012, 08:24:54 pm »

"Eh. Don't really care. Exploration of my subconscious, don't really know what I'll find in the more dangerous areas.
Chat with/up Alice

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2012, 08:42:42 pm »

Valinri will flick his wrist and call a globe of darkness to surround the wyrm! Then, make haste and escape!

This works a LOT better. It gives me a good chance to compensate for the -1, working as a great defense mechanism, or even an offensive one if I can find a way to utilize it...Or enter the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and train Valinri to become an efficient blind fighter?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:04:25 pm by Caerwyn »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6