Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [ELF] a river runs thru  (Read 1524 times)

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
[ELF] a river runs thru
« on: November 19, 2012, 06:53:43 pm »

Allow Elf forest retreat icons over top of river icons on the worldgen maps.  I'm sure this will be fixed in the next patch, but just in case it hasn't come up.  The smaller elf retreats are not showing up on worldgen maps.  Rivers sometimes run straight thru the block which should display an Elf settlement icon.  This makes them unnoticeable to the player. 

For confirmation of this bug, up Civ sites, and up the Civs, in Adv Worldgen.  No Screenies provided.  Sorry.  Sincerely, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: [ELF] a river runs thru
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 05:41:51 pm »

Small settlements, especially retreats, often don't show up on the world map, regardless of the presence or absence of a river. Retreats, at least. I assume this is because those puny retreats are little more than a dozen elves gamboling about.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 11:12:03 am »

Small settlements, especially retreats, often don't show up on the world map, regardless of the presence or absence of a river.
Exactly. The same with small mountain halls and dark towers. These settlements simply have no tiles in the current release, but will in the next release, as seen by the recent devlog images. Only the major nonhuman sites are shown currently, the equivalents of cities.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 11:46:37 am »

I would think a Civ site of any proportions(puny or not), would be a priority.  It is far more important than that river, which IS being displayed.  Unless of course, rivers prohibit 'Neighbor' export, and sieges.  Hmm. Not sure they do.  Oceans do. Glad its not just the elfs.  So this is a brigand camp, or simply dragon worshipers?

Yes, details are forthcoming, but will changes be made to the worldgen parameters to compensate.  The last time around, nothing occurred there.  Every cousin with plastic fanged teach seems to migrate in, nowadays.  Sincerely, Knutor

edit: teach to teeth
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 12:39:58 pm by knutor »
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 12:02:35 pm »

I would think a Civ site of any proportions(puny or not), would be a priority.  It is far more important than that river, which IS being displayed.
For this too, see the recent devlog images. In the south-east here, the goblin sites take precedence over the rivers there. In the north-west here, the elf sites take precedence over the river there. So this will happen in the next version (well, unless Toady decides that rivers are more important after all, but I don't see that happening).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 12:43:43 pm »

@Knight Otu, good eyes on you.

I didn't see those, and I spent sometime pouring over those maps.  Thanks.  I'm glad Bay12 sees the potential of a puny camp, and the insignificance and unimportance of a 3 wide stream, we can wade through, or swim through.