Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 316

Author Topic: Terrible Jokes  (Read 705458 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Jokes
« Reply #3750 on: June 29, 2017, 01:54:53 am »

As much as I like the various double and triple abbey and trappist beers, I have yet to find a kriek that I can stomach. Just too much cherry. (Some trappists / abbey beers do use a tiny whiff of cherry amongst other fruits and spices, that's quite okay, but kriek, no.)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: June 29, 2017, 03:10:28 am »

As much as I like the various double and triple abbey and trappist beers, I have yet to find a kriek that I can stomach. Just too much cherry. (Some trappists / abbey beers do use a tiny whiff of cherry amongst other fruits and spices, that's quite okay, but kriek, no.)

Mort Subite is quite good, but most kriek are way too sweet. Try Kasteel Rouge once maybe which is less overpoweringly sweet.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: June 29, 2017, 03:39:03 am »

I already tried the Kasteel Rouge. Didn't like. I do like the Kasteel double. I'll see if I can find the Mort Subite anywhere nearby, haven't tried that one.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: June 29, 2017, 04:01:41 am »

I already tried the Kasteel Rouge. Didn't like. I do like the Kasteel double. I'll see if I can find the Mort Subite anywhere nearby, haven't tried that one.

If you can, try to grab a bottle of the geuze version (non-cherry) so you can compare both.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: June 29, 2017, 07:29:39 pm »

So how is Kilkenny Red Ale similar to a loveless marriage?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BTW, does anyone know why red ale (I assume you mean cherry flavored ale) have no foam at all?
Nah, red ale is not cherry-flavored (did you mean kriek?), it's just reddish-brown. And it usually has very little foam.
Most kriek I've tried had a respectable amount of foam, though, so I dunno if we're on the same page here.

Nah, kriek is a cherry-flavoured Lambic, I thinking of beers like Kasteel Rouge or Rodenback rouge which are ale with added cherry and that famously have no head at all. Not entirely sure what you refers to by red ale then.
I mean Irish red ale, which is, well, just a kind of slightly red-colored pale ale. I've never tried any cherry-flavored beer which wasn't kriek, so my mind automatically went there. And yeah, Kilkenny Red is different from Kilkenny Cream, the latter has head.
I do love kriek, though. I kinda want to try Kasteel Rouge now, but I'm not sure if I can find any here.

Mort Subite is pretty sweet, though. I love it, but I dunno if you will.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: June 30, 2017, 03:10:35 am »

So how is Kilkenny Red Ale similar to a loveless marriage?

BTW, does anyone know why red ale (I assume you mean cherry flavored ale) have no foam at all?
Nah, red ale is not cherry-flavored (did you mean kriek?), it's just reddish-brown. And it usually has very little foam.
Most kriek I've tried had a respectable amount of foam, though, so I dunno if we're on the same page here.

Nah, kriek is a cherry-flavoured Lambic, I thinking of beers like Kasteel Rouge or Rodenback rouge which are ale with added cherry and that famously have no head at all. Not entirely sure what you refers to by red ale then.
I mean Irish red ale, which is, well, just a kind of slightly red-colored pale ale. I've never tried any cherry-flavored beer which wasn't kriek, so my mind automatically went there. And yeah, Kilkenny Red is different from Kilkenny Cream, the latter has head.
I do love kriek, though. I kinda want to try Kasteel Rouge now, but I'm not sure if I can find any here.

Mort Subite is pretty sweet, though. I love it, but I dunno if you will.

Oh, yeah, it IS sweet. Just not as sweet as some of the diabetic's piss pretending to be beer.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: June 30, 2017, 05:23:11 am »

Dunno where is here for you. Over here in the Netherlands, the special beer hype is so great, that you can even get the Kasteel Rouge in the local supermarkets (Albert Heijn), it's not the rarest of beers.
Heh, I should buy a camera/mobile phone and take a picture of our supermarket's special beer displays. It's crazy how many different beers they have.
I haven't had a mobile in 10 years now, and don't really miss it, except for having a camera. I should buy a camera.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 05:25:00 am by martinuzz »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: June 30, 2017, 12:40:39 pm »

Dunno where is here for you. Over here in the Netherlands, the special beer hype is so great, that you can even get the Kasteel Rouge in the local supermarkets (Albert Heijn), it's not the rarest of beers.
Heh, I should buy a camera/mobile phone and take a picture of our supermarket's special beer displays. It's crazy how many different beers they have.
I haven't had a mobile in 10 years now, and don't really miss it, except for having a camera. I should buy a camera.
...How do people call you tho

Also, "here" is Moscow. I can probably buy it somewhere, just not at my local chain store (which has a respectable assortment of imported and local beers, though probably not as much as you get in the Netherlands). It's probably on tap somewhere, though, so I'll just make a mental note for myself to try it if I see it.

Oh, and I actually remembered trying a cherry beer that wasn't kriek before. I think it was a Belgian ale called Delirium Red? It was pretty neat, even if the aftertaste was a little annoying, IIRC.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: June 30, 2017, 12:43:02 pm »

What do you call a Scandinavian stallion with laryngitis?

A hoarse Norse horse.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: June 30, 2017, 12:43:19 pm »

I do have a landline

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: June 30, 2017, 01:35:37 pm »

I do have a landline
And I have a landmine. Which encourages people to phone me, rather than visit.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: June 30, 2017, 04:09:22 pm »

how did terrible jokes into beer for pages and pages?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: June 30, 2017, 04:46:45 pm »

Some beer does appear to be a terrible joke...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: June 30, 2017, 04:46:56 pm »

Apparently, it was a popular topic, but if we keep it up, I'll inflict a feghoot on you all.
Actually, I'll do it anyways.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 04:56:36 pm by Culise »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: July 01, 2017, 03:27:09 am »

Discussing alcoholic beverage is getting a bit alt at this point.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 316