Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 316

Author Topic: Terrible Jokes  (Read 700966 times)

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Jokes
« Reply #1890 on: March 14, 2015, 03:06:54 am »

today, on twitter:

Why does Karl Marx hate Earl Grey?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: March 14, 2015, 08:17:06 am »

today, on twitter:

Why does Karl Marx hate Earl Grey?

BANT4EVAR. Too good xD
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: March 14, 2015, 08:34:26 am »

The original was:

Why don't anarchists drink Earl Grey?

^ The thing is, this is a real quote, whereas the other one isn't an historical quote. I guess people mutated it to the Marx because he's better known, but the joke was stripped of several layers of meaning in the process.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 08:38:09 am by Reelya »

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: March 14, 2015, 10:42:02 am »

Yeah, I'm not sure why people like the Marx version, aside from his popularity. Also relevant, old post from this topic itself:

Why do anarchists drink herbal tea?

"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: March 14, 2015, 06:53:38 pm »

If Phoenix Wright was playing D&D and started arguing about Attack of Opportunity rules, what does that make him?

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: March 15, 2015, 04:03:07 am »

Okay, it's been quite a few pages now. Hopefully Descan doesn't pillage and burn me for this.

Ben was fried to a crisp as the bolt of lightning sliced through him. Jellena readied her axe, "CHARGE!"

Link squeaked as Ganondorf punted him off the tower. Jellelda readied her sword, "You sure are boaring!"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1896 on: March 15, 2015, 05:25:19 am »

Descan might not, but I sure will. Those... things are awful.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: March 15, 2015, 12:25:43 pm »

I'm hoping jellelda is readying her axe just for you. I'm also looking forward to the punchline to that incident.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: March 15, 2015, 12:33:01 pm »

Jelena drew her axe from the bloody mess that once had been the Thai's head. 'Objective accomplished.'
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: March 15, 2015, 12:36:32 pm »

Jelena drew her axe from the bloody mess that once had been the Thai's head. 'Objective accomplished.'
*appause*

The necromancer made a noise with his fingers, raising the dead. Jellena readied her axe, "This will be over in a snap."

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: March 15, 2015, 03:00:19 pm »

* Descan readies his sword and affixes his helmet.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: March 15, 2015, 03:18:49 pm »

I recently heard a polio joke, it was so funny I couldn't stand up.

Shit, I don't think that was it. Damn, I gotta find that one.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: March 15, 2015, 08:03:48 pm »

Gather 'round children, let me tell you a story.

Let me start by saying that this actually happened.

I was at a CVS pharmacy the other day (or it might've been Rite Aid, one of those) and as usual I completely forgot why I came in or what I was going to buy. So naturally I wandered over to the pharmaceuticals to see what the first world offers in legalized drugs these days. And as I'm rifling through the drowsy cough medicine like a meth dealer on a deadline, I get the feeling someone is watching me. So I look around and this old woman with a black cane is looking directly at me. Being the manly man that I am, I immediately become interested in the ingredients list on the back of a nyquil bottle, staring at "Dextromethorphan" with an intensity that would put Adderall addicts to shame, while this octogenarian is looking me in the soul.

I try to ignore her. I go to a different shelf (they sell the craziest stuff in pharmacies these days, to the point where you could go in looking for the most random collection of items possible and still come out with 90% of the stuff you need. Seriously, a bag of potato chips, a nail filer, a large jar of skippy's peanut butter, three small bottles of extra-strength acetaminophen and pair of garden shears? Yes. If for some odd reason you need these items together the only thing stopping you is a curious look from the cashier. But I digress...). I'm browsing through school supplies thinking of buying a six-pack of jumbo gluesticks when I've never had to glue anything to anything in my entire life (I'm more of a tape kinda guy). Aaaand...she's right there. Like right there. And she is old, and leaning heavy on that black cane and staring directly at my face and I am more than a little spooked and her skin is hanging on her face like a deflated balloon. I decide I should just get the hell out of this haunted CVS (or Rite Aid) and mosey on over to Walmart where the prices are low and the dead rest in peace. But of course, the old lady starts talking to me.

"Excuse me, what's your name?" I pretend to ignore her (yes, I am a dick). She persists. "Excuse me."
"Yes?"
"What's your name?"
I tell her. Then she nods and suddenly touches my cheek, I recoil back and slam my elbow into one of the shelves. "You look just like my dead son" she says. And I smile, as my brain desperately tries to remember the nearest exit while screaming "RUN FUCKER RUN!" over and over in my head.
"Just like him..." Then she starts crying, not like quiet sobs into her hand or anything, no, she starts wailing hysterically. At this point I'm getting ready to run full sprint toward the door. I start checking my shoelaces and everything. People are looking at us trying to figure out what horrible thing I did to make this person break down into tears in a goddamn CVS (or Rite Aid). And then she's totally fine. Shes smiling.
"Could I ask you favor?" NO YOU HAG LEAVE ME IN PEACE   
"Uhhh...sure"
"Could you call me "mother"?" Now, children when faced with these kinds of situations, the rational thing to do is realize you've entered a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind, and that the Elder Gods are clearly fucking with you and you need to get out. Now.
"Uhh...I don't-*ahem*-what?"
"Just once? "Mother"? Please?" I can tell the injured-animal wails are about to return and I guess I felt a little sad for her, so I do it.
"Mother..."
She beams and says thank you then just limps away. I figure the worst is over and head for the counter and she's there checking out around 30 bags of random stuff. She looks back at me and waves, I wave back (why not, at this point?). Then she limps to the exit. I get up to the counter.
"Cash or Credit?"
"Cash"
"That'll be 96.75"
"What? All I have are some gluesticks and a pack of gum?"
"Yeah, but your mother said you were taking care of her bill"
"What?"
"Yeah I asked her and she said her son was paying for everything, then she waved to you."
Naturally I drop everything and run to the door. The old lady's shoving all her bags into the back of a taxi, she spots me and leaps into the back seat like a goddamn gazzelle. I run after her, she tries to the close the door but I jam my entire arm in-between. She starts kicking me in the stomach and I grab her leg and start to pull. And I keep pulling on her leg...just like I'm pulling yours

« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 08:06:56 pm by bahihs »

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: March 15, 2015, 08:09:50 pm »

I read the last line first to save myself the pain.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: March 15, 2015, 08:13:23 pm »

I read the last line first to save myself the pain.

90% of people do this when it comes to terrible wall-o-text jokes so I don't blame you...
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 316