Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: choice of adventure games  (Read 3595 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
choice of adventure games
« on: November 18, 2012, 12:09:54 pm »

So after really getting back into kings of dragon pass, and the choice of adventure website games like way walker ( horrible short ) and fallen London are there any more of these games knocking about ?

Im a little sick of how the choice of adventure website stops its games right in the middle of the story its very frustrating and i really want to know of anymore decent ones which i could play
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
Re: choice of adventure games
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 01:06:06 pm »

There's the site www.chooseyourstory.com among which I'd recommend the Necromancer and Eternal.

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 11:50:04 pm »

Just finished another branch in Eternal. It begins on the second page and goes on independently but interwined with the other branches for the length of the book, and has even more satisfying endings. Maybe I wasn't emphatic enough. I need to slap anyone who doesn't play through very conceivable ending of Eternal. Endmaster is quite the auteur.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 06:14:42 am »

thank you for that i have been playing through these quite alot :D.

More please anyone else know of these types of games ? i would not mind finding some paid for ones either

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 08:53:16 am »

thank you for that i have been playing through these quite alot :D.

More please anyone else know of these types of games ? i would not mind finding some paid for ones either

I am not sure what exactly you are trying to look into, but with the choose your own story style stuff alter ego comes to mind.

also:
alot
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 09:01:14 am »

Played that A LOT as well :P

Im sort of looking for the interactive storys i think that more or less sums it up, but less of a book and more of a game

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 09:40:04 am »

Well someone on this forum directed me to http://www.choiceofgames.com/ which has a couple of good ones, many of which are just previews though but there are a couple free ones.

One other I played a while back is the Lone Wolf series which spans several books and has some rpg elements as well. http://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/Home (I think this was the page). This series is quite full of lol-insta-death options though which forced me to savescum like a son of a bitch to get through it.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 09:56:26 am »

Yeah i have played alot of the choice of games aswell :)

thanks for the second link i will check that out

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 04:44:03 pm »

There's the site www.chooseyourstory.com among which I'd recommend the Necromancer and Eternal.

Ooh I just finished the Zombie one there (Dead man walking.), took quite a while and when I finished the path I had taken was like 83 pages of 2000. Amazing.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 08:35:15 pm »

Sounds like you might like other forms of interactive fiction. You can find a whole database with thousands of free-to-play text-adventure games (as well as more CYOA style ones) at the IFDB.

A good to try first is Lost Pig. It's a game in which you play Grunk the orc, looking for a pig (who's slightly smarter than Grunk). You type commands and the game is incredibly responsive, giving a message for pretty much anything you'd expect Grunk to want to try.

If you just like choice-of-whatever style games, you might like some of the recent entrants to the IFComp:

The Play, in which you direct a play under disastrous circumstance
Binary, you're a time traveller and you've got to go back and stop an assassination
howling dogs, uh, it's hard to explain