Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Netflix?  (Read 644 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Netflix?
« on: November 18, 2012, 11:23:23 am »

So I'm sick of waiting for stuff to come out in the uk and I not using project free tv every again are it tried to make my computer install something.

What's Netflix like ? Does it have a big library of tv shows ? And what about cartoons like adventure show and gravity falls does it have that on there as well.

Really is it a good service and worth the money each month ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Netflix?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 11:35:13 am »

It's better for watching things a season or two later. Not usually very current. Hulu seems to be better re: TV shows, Netflix better for movies.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 11:59:54 am »

I've gotten a lot of use out of it, marathon-watching older shows like Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica.  It kinda sucks being behind my brother on Breaking Bad, but I could just borrow his "legitimate" copies.  It's pretty good at suggesting movies, too.  It showed me some real mind-benders based on my high rating for Memento.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 01:47:58 pm »

They have a decent selection.
Netflix gives you one month free. If, in that month, you don't watch everything Netflix has that you want to, you can pay for a subscription until you have watched everything you want, then stop paying.
Make sure to check out Hulu's selection as well. They have a lot of things that Netflix does, but most things on Hulu are free to watch.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 02:51:11 pm »

Hulu is a terrible, useless service that only exists to taunt people outside of the U.S.

The number of times I've sat down to watch something someone linked to only to be greeted by the "Haha, this show ain't available in your region. Suck it, Canada!" message means that I've irrevocably associated the brand with intense resentment and hatred.

Since you're in the UK then it probably hates you too. It's probably laughing at you right now.

I don't know anything about Netflix.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 02:59:57 pm »

Hulu is a terrible, useless service that only exists to taunt people outside of the U.S.

The number of times I've sat down to watch something someone linked to only to be greeted by the "Haha, this show ain't available in your region. Suck it, Canada!" message means that I've irrevocably associated the brand with intense resentment and hatred.

Since you're in the UK then it probably hates you too. It's probably laughing at you right now.

I don't know anything about Netflix.

Use a proxy/VPN?

Spotflux is pretty decent for a freebie.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth