Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: We have been attacked.  (Read 3977 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: We have been attacked.
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2012, 01:56:33 am »

Ben

We do not want to get stuck on a freeway jammed by traffic with thousands of other people on foot because the road two miles ahead of us got bombed.

"I agree. Everybody's panicked, the last thing I want is to get trampled by a mob or...whatever happens when this happens. "

It isn't the end of the world, after all.

"Famous last words."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2012, 07:32:01 am »

the park is a mere 1.5 miles from the airport, well within
near-miss plus blast-radius for many explosives.

If whomever is attacking is so incompetant that they can't get their bombs to within 1.5 miles of a 469 acre target...I don't think we need to worry.

but my plan is simple

Your plan is suicidal: "turn left at the bridge over the river"

That bridge is the most obvious target within 50 miles.

If we don't want to go to the park, at least get indoors. Find a nice concrete parking garage or something. Something with zero tactical value. Turn on the radio, check twitter, get more information. Odds are good that half the population of the city is frantically trying to get out. We do not want to get stuck on a freeway jammed by traffic with thousands of other people on foot because the road two miles ahead of us got bombed.
My plan is "get away from the city, stat!" I didn't notice the river when I first suggested the route, and have mostly been rolling with my plan since.
I said "miss+radius." Depending on the bomb, it's easy enough to see the park being close enough to the blast to be...inconvenient, at the very least. Possibly deadly.
Finally, indoors doesn't protect from bombs. If they're trying to destroy the whole city (and everyone's assumption that they'll go for the civilian airport certainly suggests some level of this agenda), we're screwed if we don't get out.

Also,
Quote from: Elfeater
The roads are mostly clear
(The insert quote function wasn't working.)
This indicates that if we move fast, traffic won't be an issue.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2012, 07:33:05 am »

the park is a mere 1.5 miles from the airport, well within
near-miss plus blast-radius for many explosives.

If whomever is attacking is so incompetant that they can't get their bombs to within 1.5 miles of a 469 acre target...I don't think we need to worry.

but my plan is simple

Your plan is suicidal: "turn left at the bridge over the river"

That bridge is the most obvious target within 50 miles.

If we don't want to go to the park, at least get indoors. Find a nice concrete parking garage or something. Something with zero tactical value. Turn on the radio, check twitter, get more information. Odds are good that half the population of the city is frantically trying to get out. We do not want to get stuck on a freeway jammed by traffic with thousands of other people on foot because the road two miles ahead of us got bombed.
My plan is "get away from the city, stat!" I didn't notice the river when I first suggested the route, and have mostly been rolling with my plan since.
I said "miss+radius." Depending on the bomb, it's easy enough to see the park being close enough to the blast to be...inconvenient, at the very least. Possibly deadly.
Finally, indoors doesn't protect from bombs. If they're trying to destroy the whole city (and everyone's assumption that they'll go for the civilian airport certainly suggests some level of this agenda), we're screwed if we don't get out.

Also,
Quote from: Elfeater
The roads are mostly clear
(The insert quote function wasn't working.)
This indicates that if we move fast, traffic won't be an issue.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2012, 07:41:10 am »

Don't you love problems?
Sig

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2012, 03:27:48 pm »

can i say things?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2012, 03:40:31 pm »

I'm gonna try to arrange to have my kit moved from the station, but I still say we should get armed, so far it's only aircraft, I don't wanna be trying to get to my equipment once infantry and tanks are on the roads.

Plus the miss radius was good, we know our own aircraft were fighting so it'd be fairly easy for a friendly plane to knock an enemy bomber off target or force it to drop early.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2012, 03:42:43 pm »

Damned error.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2012, 03:59:11 pm »

did you know that people have died from bombs while remaining intact? its called shock. bomb goes boom, emits shock wave even worse than the bomb's boom.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2012, 04:12:25 pm »

All the more reason to leave the area.
I think we're over the bridge now...GM, where are we and how's everything going?
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2012, 04:14:56 pm »

And how early is this in the over all invasion?
Is this the very beginning or is it just the first time it's reached so far in land?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2012, 05:19:09 pm »

OH sorry while you were arguing nothing has happened. However, the next update will get you up to the bridge. What radio station by the way, Local (Whats going on in jeff city) Or National (The entire big picture.)
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2012, 05:19:59 pm »

Local, for now.
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2012, 05:21:25 pm »

Yea local will do.

Don't forget my phone call please :).

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2012, 05:24:28 pm »

can i say things?

Ben
As the car drives towards the bridge you pipe up, "I agree. Everybody's panicked, the last thing I want is to get trampled by a mob or...whatever happens when this happens. " However, as you get closer, the bombing seems to lessen, not to mean planes are not strafing, just no bombs... You tell this to the group.

Ludvig
"I'd suggest we return to the park." You say, although the group seems to have made up their mind about escaping along the bridge. You switch on the radio. (See below)

Eirika
You continue driving towards the bridge, even though you tell the group you should hold up soon. As you reach the area of the bridge, a battle meets your eyes. A mix of police and militia fire down the bridge at advancing soldiers. You stop your car and look at the river, it seems whoever these invaders are got riverboats all the way up here, and are trying to seize the bridge. The line of men seems to be holding for now, but is obviously outmatched. The only reason they still hold is the lack of aerial raids.

Patrick

You nudge the driver, though she seems to ignore you. So you pull out your cellphone and call your work. It takes a little while but eventually some one picks up. However before they have a chance to speak you hear explosions and screaming. It seems they are hitting everywhere.

Henry
While you continue to give directions, you look out side of the car, it seems that people are running either towards, or away from the bridge.

Radio
*Static* "There seems to be resistance against the attackers located at the bridge, our valiant police force is trying to organize resistance downtown, and gather weapons and supplies for this fight."
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:37:49 pm by Elfeater »
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2012, 05:53:37 pm »

Patrick.

Give directions to any gun shops or military surplus stores I know of.

"Damnit, get us out of town but take us past some gun shops or military surplus stores on the way, they can't have hit them all yet."

Get out if the driver refuses to go to a gun shop.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 02:03:31 pm by mesor »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8