Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: We have been attacked.  (Read 3975 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: We have been attacked.
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2012, 07:22:24 pm »

Patrick.
Hum badboys tune.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2012, 08:02:50 pm »

Eirika

Steers the vehicle south, looking for a left turn. "Hopefully we can make it there before we die a highly-explosive death!"
I need to put something interesting here.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2012, 09:25:59 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Eirika
You hop in the car, and begin driving towards the bridge. You swerve in and out of the way as you continue down West Main. As you drive past Forest Hill Ave you see a handful of armed militia, a mix of youths old men, etc.. traveling the same way as you. The radio station continues to blither about whats going on, even though it doesn't know a thing.

Henry
You hop in the car, as another plane opens fire on the road, Eirika drives out onto the road as you tell her, "Head south to Main then turn left. You'll be heading east-southeast. Keep on Main and turn left at the bridge over the river. Hopefully, travel won't be too bad." She responds, "Hopefully we can make it there before we die a highly-explosive death!" a bit of black humor eh? You think to yourself.

Patrick.
You hop in your car and begin humming to yourself. bad boys bad boys whatcha gonna do?

Everyone else
You hop in the car as it speeds off down towards the bridge along West Main.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2012, 09:29:22 pm »

How's traffic?

"We can keep heading this way, or we can turn right in a few thousand feet at the airport. I vote we drive, it's going to be a bumpy ride out on a plane..."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2012, 09:37:50 pm »

Patrick

Nudge the guy driving.

"Get us out of town and heading to the next town over if you'd please, I work in a bloody armory for god's sake and if somebody is coming for my home I want my gun in hand when he tries to take it from me and 20 or so more guns close at hand. I'm sure you'll all agree if we are not going to be prisoners then we need the equipment to defend ourselves and my facility has enough kit to fight a small war, which is exactly what I intend to do."

Use mobile to phone the facility I work in.

(( I'm gonna assume the facility is next town over since he would not work far from home and the trip was only one town over. ))
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 09:54:50 pm by mesor »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2012, 09:48:51 pm »

PTW
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2012, 09:52:30 pm »

The roads are mostly clear, however, there was the normal traffic but much of it is cluttered being blown up, or crashed, but you can still drive albeit slowly, and right now you are about to where Angelina's Cafe and Break time are, or a bit further, your call.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2012, 11:10:31 pm »

That doesn't appear to be on my map.

"If we're going to the airport, turn now; otherwise, step on it!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2012, 11:13:18 pm »

Ludvig

"I'd suggest we return to the park.

Missouri is in the middle of the country, and the nearest military base to Jefferson is Fort Leonard, which is 50 miles south of us. We're an unlikely and difficult target, so presumably what we're seeing is some sort of attack of opportunity for the airstrike planes.

Let's stop making an obvious moving target of ourselves, get away from airports and roads and things that they might want to destroy. Wait for the planes to leave, then we should have time to find out what's going on and equip ourselves."

Also: Turn on the radio

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2012, 11:15:22 pm »

I say we head to my station.
They won't target a police station so it's safe enough for a short trip and we need weapons.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2012, 11:22:32 pm »

Ben

"Why wouldn't they target a police station? We need to figure out what the hell's going on before we decide anything. Right now our plan is apparently blind panic, and as enticing as it sounds I think we need a bit more information."

Do I have internets on my phone, or anything? I want to tweet about the shit that's blowing up and see if there's any better info out there than what's on the radio.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2012, 11:23:02 pm »

(doublepost due to forum crapping out)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 01:13:25 am by kinseti »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2012, 11:31:27 pm »

FYI, the park is a mere 1.5 miles from the airport, well within near-miss plus blast-radius for many explosives.

Best idea is to get somewhere less-inhabited than a city. The closest spot I see which I'd suggest is somewhere between Mexico and Louisiana, two cities which make me wonder what's up with Missourians.

"I dunno about you, Ben, but my plan is simple. Get as far from big towns as we can without getting killed. All in favor?"
Sig

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2012, 12:16:00 am »

the park is a mere 1.5 miles from the airport, well within
near-miss plus blast-radius for many explosives.

If whomever is attacking is so incompetant that they can't get their bombs to within 1.5 miles of a 469 acre target...I don't think we need to worry.

but my plan is simple

Your plan is suicidal: "turn left at the bridge over the river"

That bridge is the most obvious target within 50 miles.

If we don't want to go to the park, at least get indoors. Find a nice concrete parking garage or something. Something with zero tactical value. Turn on the radio, check twitter, get more information. Odds are good that half the population of the city is frantically trying to get out. We do not want to get stuck on a freeway jammed by traffic with thousands of other people on foot because the road two miles ahead of us got bombed.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2012, 12:45:38 am »

Eirika

"Holing up somewhere safe seems like the most sensible option... It isn't the end of the world, after all. The military will be here soon."
I need to put something interesting here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8