Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A problem with Lycanthropy  (Read 1285 times)

Tun_Dar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A problem with Lycanthropy
« on: November 17, 2012, 02:26:32 pm »

Hello, I'm having a bit of a problem with becoming a werebeast. Recently I accepted a quest to kill one, and I know for a fact I suffered an injury that broke the skin, as the werelizard tore up my arm (luckily not an arm I used, as in a previous battle I had lost a hand). I'm relatively certain that I was bitten, as I recall being shook around by my arm (got the scars to prove it). I am still getting needs for sleeping, food, and water. Do I need to wait till the next full moon before the curse takes affect?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I have Wanderers Friend installed
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 02:32:28 pm by Tun_Dar »

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A problem with Lycanthropy
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 02:43:43 pm »

If you fast travel, you'll turn into a werebeast right away. That won't stop you from getting hungry, tired and so on, though.
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

Tun_Dar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 02:50:29 pm »

After I slew the beast I slept in its lair, So if I contracted it I didnt travel that night. So if I did in fact get the curse will the lack of having to sleep, eat or drink only apply after the next full moon?

Tun_Dar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 04:03:18 pm »

Any other suggestions? Info?

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 07:19:40 pm »

Actually lycanthropes retain all of their previous characteristics and needs, such as the needs to eat, sleep and drink, when in their 'normal', untransformed form. It's when they transform (during a night of a full moon) that they gain unnatural abilities and don't need to eat, drink or sleep. According to the wiki: "A Werebeast never gets hungry, thirsty or drowsy, and will not drown when in wereform".

tl;dr : Werebeats still need to eat, drink, etc when not transformed. Just wait until the next full moon.
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

Tun_Dar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 07:30:44 pm »

Actually lycanthropes retain all of their previous characteristics and needs, such as the needs to eat, sleep and drink, when in their 'normal', untransformed form. It's when they transform (during a night of a full moon) that they gain unnatural abilities and don't need to eat, drink or sleep. According to the wiki: "A Werebeast never gets hungry, thirsty or drowsy, and will not drown when in wereform".

tl;dr : Werebeats still need to eat, drink, etc when not transformed. Just wait until the next full moon.

Ah, thank you. I misread that on the wiki. Also it turns out, even though this werebeast tore up my already crippled arm, the curse didn't transfer, so now it seems Ismir Crazedwhisky is forever one handed, least he has some badass scars and an arm that can be wailed on to no end.

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 11:21:17 pm »

Just go find another were creature.

Once you've gotten a curse, you'll regenerate the limbs when you transform.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 11:46:34 pm »

Yeah, it's vampires that don't have to deal with food, drink or breathing 24/7. That's why I personally prefer vampirism over lycanthropy, but that's an opinion thing.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 02:00:26 am »

Best way to get were-cursed is to first disable the were-beast.  Chop off a leg, sneak away, fast travel one space around the lair, repeat for all limbs.  Now it can only push or bite you.  Remove all armors protecting one of your limbs (arm is the best option).  Lie down on the ground next to the Were-beast until it bites the unarmored part.  Once it does, congratulations!  Quick travel and recover all wounds.  Who cares about killing it after that.

Note:  the shaking action after biting does not transfer the curse.
I play games of games inside games in my head.