Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Voandrath: Third Solarian Reclamation Crusade  (Read 2055 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Voandrath: Third Solarian Reclamation Crusade
« on: November 16, 2012, 10:16:47 pm »

The first pivotal battle of the Consumption Crusades was the Battle of Ganymede, a bloody and vicious siege on the icy, freezing Jovian moon it was named after. The Consumption Horrors, perhaps spurred on by their losses on Ceres and Io, ravaged the Federation troopers who were sent to recapture the icy, freezing planet from its plagued and infected enemies. Losses were measured in the millions, but in the end, the Federation reigned victorious. A single sector was purged utterly of the Consumption-- Station A-15, reclaimed and restored by Humanity's vanguard. During the joyful celebrations that followed, it was rechristened Platform Ganymede, after the arctic seascape that surrounded it.

The Horrors fled back into the icy wastes, daring the brave, scarred veterans of that battle to chase after them-- and they wasted no time doing so. The battalions garrisoning the planet fought for six months, holding back the tides of the tainted infection and even beating it back, ridding whole regions of the Consumption. They might've been able to eradicate it entirely-- were it not for the tragic, senseless, and bizarre event known simply as the Betrayal.

As the great military minds of the Crusade  met onboard the fleet's capital ship in order to discuss their next moves on the battlefield, the Mech squadron pilots that came with the Crusade suddenly turned against their brothers, destroying and downing as many ships as they could before their prized mechas were gunned down by sheer numbers alone. At the same time, the commanding officer of the treacherous squad shot and killed the other generals, before turning the gun on himself. As he pulled the trigger, his mecha exploded, destroying the ship' engine and plunging the capital ship into a free fall into Platform Ganymede. The arctic planet it was named for became a scrap heap of ruin as twisted metal and flaming wreckages rained down from above.

With its leaders murdered and the majority of its fleet in ruins, what little was left of the armies of the Federation splintered into various factions, raiding each other in order to gather enough resources just to feed their crews. The Garrisons on Ceres and Io fell to the hordes of the Consumption, with Ganymede the last beacon of humanity in the desolate wastes of Sol.

Spoiler: The Consumption (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ganymede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aranarmum (click to show/hide)

((Thanks to Deep_Waters for her leet editing skills))
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 10:18:22 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: Voandrath: Third Solarian Reclamation Crusade
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 10:17:45 pm »

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

STARTING GUNS
Pick two to start, you’ll get Five Clips for each, unless you start with a Barrage Launcher, in which case you may not pick another gun besides the Messer, and only get five clips for the launcher and one clip for the Messer. All players also start with a Standard Issue Consumption Machete.

Standard Issue A-675 Minuteman
Spoiler: Specs (click to show/hide)

Standard Issue Q-797 Boxer

Standard Issue HDP 819 Messer

Standard Issue G-473 Barrage Launcher

STARTING ARMORS

There’s is two choices of armor in the beginning. ‘cuz I hate you.  Fill up all five armor slots with the following.

Spoiler: LIGHT ARMOR (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HEAVY ARMOR (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 10:48:46 pm by filiusenox »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 10:19:14 pm »

CHAR SHEETS:

Spoiler: Caellath (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: thatkid (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spinal_Taper (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mesor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ghazkull (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shootandrun (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragor23 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ardas (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skyrunner (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 01:49:05 pm by filiusenox »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 10:19:32 pm »

One more, for good measure!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 04:43:57 pm »

Caellath
You stumble out of the icy embrace of the pod, falling to your knees as nausea overwhelms your senses. You heave, vomiting out purple bile, which splatters over the floor and slowly heads towards a drain in the floor. After a few, fruitless retches, you wipe your mouth off with the back of your hand. You push yourself to you feet and unholster your Minuteman. There’s silence and a number of empty cryo-pods. Father down the line you notice another man stumbling from a pod. And farther down than that is a man standing beside a door, watching with little to no interest.

Thatkid
You stifle a yawn and ready your Minuteman as two figures stumble out of the pods you’re guarding.  Both retch, but one recovers faster than the other, and staggers to his feet.  And quickly draws his gun, for reasons unknown. The other continues to retch, staying on his hands and knees on the cold, metallic floor. You ready your own, just in case.

Spinal_Taper
There’s silence as you lean in a small alcove. You shiver in your armor, the respirator hissing softly with your every breath, turning the poisonous air around you into the right amount of oxygen and dioxides through a process that’s little more than a miracle. You glances down for a second, before looking back up. There, on a crumbled, cracked chunk of blue construction plastic, is a scaled beast, it’s tentacles lash and twitch, the talons on it’s feet scoring thick gashes on the cheap material.

Mesor
The smell of smoke from Synth-Nicotine and of spilt moonshine fills the air around you as you lounge on the metal, and very uncomfortable, bar stool. Am empty bottle is beside you, reeking of the sugary ‘shine that Jim’s Cantina is known for. A young man wearing a heavy, metallic vest stands by a shotgun, occasionally serving out a drink to one of the many customers.

Ghazkull
You shiver, drawing the thick, insulating greatcoat around you tighter and buttoning it. You shift the heavy pack and gently try to shift the Launcher to ease the pain lancing through your back. It takes a long moment, as your survey the lands around you. Unleveled, grey-ish brown ice extends as far as the eye can see in every direction. Snow drifts down around you, and to the west, you can faintly see a tall, gleaming structure. A platform. Far away, to the north, you notice a figure seemingly unaffected by the cold.

Shootandrun
Harsh winds whips about you, but cold doesn’t manage to seep past your greatcoat, your warm clothing, or your Asgardian Genes, leaving you quite warm and toasty in this hellish, freezing weather. The weight of the weapons on your back do little to slow down your slow trudge.
Unleveled, grey-ish brown ice extends as far as the eye can see in every direction. Snow drifts down around you, and to the west, you can faintly see a tall, faintly gleaming structure. A platform. Far away, to the south, you notice a huddled figure.

Dragor
You’re huddled across from a fellow guard, stupidly put on watch duty along side this speechless grunt. He constantly shivers in his armor, and while you’re doing the same, you’re sure you’re far better at hiding it. He looks down at his feet, shifting in his leather boots, before looking back up. Muscles tense, and you follow his gaze. There, on a hunk of construction plastic, is a Consumption Horror. All tentacles and barbs. It’s talons are digging deeply into the plastic as it sniffs the air.

Ardas
You fall from your pod as the ice finally looses it’s grip on you. Your stomach convulses, and before you can stop yourself, you throw up all over the floor. Pinkish, purple goo drips from your lips as you try, and fail to get control of yourself. Your Minuteman, for some reason held tight in your grip, is dropped beside you.

Tiruin
It reeks of booze, sex, and smoke in this dingy, poorly lit bar. The oxygen, as plentiful as it is, smells sharply of ozone, and a host of other scents that make your nose curl. A young man wearing a combat vest, all expensive metals and thick plating, stands behind a bar, eyes searching for any trouble makers. Jim. The barkeep and bouncer. He found a bunch of sugar and some flavor packs, one day, and started making moonshine, which he sold to the Crusaders who needed to take their mind off of something.

Skyrunner
It’s cold in the wastes, and you trudge along, hoping to get somewhere relatively safe for some actual sleep, since you woke from the pod. It was a hard first few days, here, hiding from consumption horrors and other horrors more human in nature. You stop, slipping behind a rock as you notice two figures in the snow.
One is to the north, and the other is to the south, and is more huddled than the other. Directly west, you can see a gleaming structure, reminiscent of a platform.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 04:52:03 pm »

"Oh shit." comes silenty from Ghost, he has not the breath to speak at all. For a second, he is completly froze in horror, unable to react. Then, he runs to the next best cover, while he tries the best to muffle his steps. ( Roll for cover) While making haste for a suitable cover, he hisses at his companion. "Keep your head down!" Maybe this horror will not notice him.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 04:55:58 pm »

"Damn, at least it's not a desert planet.Brrr."

Move cautiously towards the standing figure, take care not to run in any ambushes/traps or other unpleasant things.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 04:56:48 pm »

Stagger half drunk outside and look around to see whats going on.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 05:41:56 pm »

"Goddamn... "
Run for cover.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 06:09:24 pm »

The figure to the south was moving towards him. It was either a fellow marine, or an infected. In any case, it had seen him. Making a run for it was no longer an option.

Drop to one knee, aim gun at figure, and once it's near enough, shout the following:

"Identify yourself!"

If the figure does not answer after ten seconds, makes an aggressive movement or provides an unsatisfactory answer (ie: 'I'm here to kill you' or similar), kill it

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 06:40:27 pm »

"Goddammit Son, take down your weapon!"

Slowly and carefully Fiddler approaches as not to be shot. Finally in vision range, Erik can hear a barely audible grumbling

first person i've seen for days and it points a weapon at me. Great."

With raised hands he approaches closer. This time talking audible enough.

" 'sides shooting me equals to a bad idea, i am loaded with grenades an' a bunch o' cussers.. One stray Shot and we will be both warm and cozy together at roughly 2500 degrees."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 06:50:34 pm »

Get hold of myself. Grab the gun and inspect the surroundings.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 06:51:38 pm »

Enidros checks his gun and groans before putting his respirator on and examining the area around him. He sighs and looks around, trying to get a feel for the people around him and how exactly this place is built. After all, he does have to do something.

Makes him wonder how crapped up the situation is. Hopefully, not too crap nearby.

"Hello there. I suppose at least this place isn't under assault by anything, right?" he asked, moving to rest against a wall and check the surroundings with an attentive eye.

Examine surroundings, including looking for an exit.

Why did I have to join the feds. My life could be so much easier right now.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 07:13:00 pm »

"Easy there, friend... From what I heard on the comm, people where killing each other in the High Command when all hell broke loose. You can never be too careful... Besides, you could have been infected."

Erik lowered the gun, and he took a look at the structure.

"You know what that structure is?"

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 09:16:08 pm »

"Not at the moment," Crow replies to the first of the figures, droll, his gaze shifting over him for a moment before sweeping aside to the retching one. "On your feet," comes the stoic, indifferent command as the pistol is slipped away.

"In any case, welcome to...Hell, I suppose. There's a proper name for it, but that doesn't matter anymore. You should know, we froze over quite a while ago."

Remember where the hell we are.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.
Pages: [1] 2