Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which setting

Centauri Colonies
Scorched Earth
Strawberry

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: The Centauri Colonies/ Scorched Earth: OOC/Worldbuilding  (Read 19027 times)

Robyn

Re: The Centauri Colonies/ Scorched Earth: OOC/Worldbuilding
« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2012, 05:00:08 pm »

Hi, is this game still accepting new players?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2012, 05:02:43 pm »

Hi, is this game still accepting new players?
Post a sheet, a location and icon. I'll put you in in the next turn.

(( Lol they locked up and called for aid before I'd even made any hostile movies, paranoid much? ))
They called for aid after you asked them to come with you, while being supported by 250 units of heavy infantery, and didn't leave after getting a negative response. Locking up is a fairly logical action when attack choppers and heavy infantery get near.

These people have been repressed by the lawmakers for quite some time, they're somewhat traumatized.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 05:05:04 pm by 10ebbor10 »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 24, 2012, 05:15:43 pm »

I forgot about the choppers.
Sod waiting for the tanks the chopper rockets can blow a nice hole in the side of it :).

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 24, 2012, 05:16:23 pm »

Have the soldiers bitten kept away from the rest
Expecting zombies, mesor?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Robyn

« Reply #199 on: November 24, 2012, 05:17:18 pm »

Nope.
It's a new disease and until he knows if it's contagious it makes sense.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 24, 2012, 05:24:23 pm »

What about the drone?

Robyn

« Reply #201 on: November 24, 2012, 05:36:10 pm »

Name : Alicia Hunt.
Faction name : Project Spartan.
Short description : Project Spartan is the brain child of Dr Alicia Hunt. It's primary goal is to produce produce the perfect human through selective genetic and cybernetic enhancements with a secondary goal in enhancing animals and food sources.
History : Project Spartan was created by Alicia hunt shortly after the death of her husband and children to a viral outbreak. She was badly shaken by the deaths and devoted her life to finding ways to make human being more resistant to disease and it has expanded a great deal since then. It now works on all forms of genetic and cybernetic enhancement as well as ways to enhance animals and plants in various ways.
It is a rather large project consisting of some 5000 people but it has no military arm at all and as such Alicia has spent the last year or so on board the ship assessing the military factions to decide which one to throw her lot in with.
Assets
Population : 5000
All 5000 have significantly enhanced immune systems capable of rapidly adapting to and destroying any new disease, they all also have minor cybernetic implants to monitor vital signs and if required also able to temporarily maintain all organ functions for a period of up to one hour before it needs to be reset.

2000 scientists, doctors, surgeons, engineers.
1000 enhanced civilians, cybernetic. ( Cybernetic arms and legs, reinforced bone structure. )
2000 civilians.
Wealth : 7500.
Resources : 2 portable advanced fusion generators, Full equipment for 2 genetics labs including 100 pods capable of holding and growing a fully grown human being, Full equipment for 2 cybernetics labs. 1 years worth of food rations, 5 large electrically powered choppers ( Each capable of carrying up to 100 people and a large amount of cargo. )
A large consignment of cybernetic implants and limbs.
Techs.
1 : Advanced genetics. ( Including all known data on all subjects. )
2: Advanced cybernetics ( Including all known schematics and data )

I'd like to start on the north eastern corner of the inland lake that the Marines are on.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 05:38:28 pm by Robyn »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 24, 2012, 05:37:14 pm »

Sweet I get a player controlled factions nearby :).

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 24, 2012, 05:38:20 pm »

Nope.
It's a new disease and until he knows if it's contagious it makes sense.
You take me FAR too seriously.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 24, 2012, 05:39:10 pm »

A player controlled faction who's first impression of you are the distress signals of a colony pod under attack by your forces, but heh.

Also, those are bloody large choppers.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 24, 2012, 05:41:01 pm »

Hey they insulted me by thinking I was going to attack.
Anyway it's for their own good whether they know it or not :).

The chopper is possible, it's bloody big so it would need a bloody huge battery to run it but it's possible, and even better then that I have the facilities to recharge the battery's come next turn.
So I have something to offer my new potential friend.

Robyn

« Reply #206 on: November 24, 2012, 05:43:33 pm »

I'm married to a soldier :).
I can understand why he's attacking, it could of been handled better but given that he's a military faction and the people he's attacked are unarmed I can see why he'd take the faster approach.

Sorry GWG, I wanted to see if I'd guessed his motivations right since I want to work with him and if I don't understand how he's going to act it'll be extremely difficult.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 24, 2012, 05:46:54 pm »

I'm married to a soldier :).
I can understand why he's attacking, it could of been handled better but given that he's a military faction and the people he's attacked are unarmed I can see why he'd take the faster approach.
They're not unarmed. They are certainly outgunned, but not completely harmless. And they keep critting their morale rolls.

Robyn

« Reply #208 on: November 24, 2012, 05:49:34 pm »

Out gunned works I should think.
High morale kinda just means he'll end up with more bodies then prisoners in the long run.
But they are facing what 200-250 men with heavy machine guns in heavy battle armor in a fairly confined space.

One man firing on full auto would cut down 100 men before he needed to reload and then a second guy can just take over, assuming the weapons will be used realistically in the game and not a guy with a heavy machine gun firing 2-3 bullets at a time and trying to be a sniper.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 25, 2012, 09:23:07 am »

Also, I just need an icon to note you on the map.

Also, poke for micelus.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17