Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about reproduction  (Read 424 times)

Krasudreal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question about reproduction
« on: November 15, 2012, 05:12:47 pm »

I've tried to read about hermaphrodite civs, didn't found much... As far what I know is that putting both [FEMALE] and [MALE] in a creature would make it hermaphrodite... However, I've heard that they don't generate correctly because the lack of "breeding pairs"...

So, is there any workaround? Or do the present version now allow for such thing without a problem?
    SHE KILLED HER DAUGHTER AND TURNED HER INTO A PICK. A GODDAMN PICK. WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.
BLASPHEMY! THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGHT BABY FOR EVERYONE!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: Question about reproduction
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 05:38:30 pm »

I've tried to read about hermaphrodite civs, didn't found much... As far what I know is that putting both [FEMALE] and [MALE] in a creature would make it hermaphrodite... However, I've heard that they don't generate correctly because the lack of "breeding pairs"...

So, is there any workaround? Or do the present version now allow for such thing without a problem?
Won't work. Whichever of the two tokens is last overwrites the other. [MALE][FEMALE] is purely female, [FEMALE][MALE] would be male. There is currently no way to simulate hermaphroditic reproduction in DF currently.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;