Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: adding quicksand.  (Read 1912 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: adding quicksand.
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 01:26:31 pm »

Tar is actually often made rather than mined. It's not like you can find real pits full of it. (Not often actually)

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 02:03:11 pm »

Tar is actually often made rather than mined. It's not like you can find real pits full of it. (Not often actually)

Plus there're pretty much two different kind of tar, wood tar and coal/mineral tar!

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 07:53:14 pm »

I honestly love the possibilities of tar. For example... Can I pump it at an incredibly slow rate. Can i use the tar for alchemical and industrial processes. For tar and quicksand could i create a flood gate, mine into it and fill a special drowning chamber. Will the tar make your dwarfs particularly flammable?
Your dwarves should be able to bring buckets of the stuff and fill a pit with it if they want.
I mean worst case scenario i see a tar pit as a nice dumping ground.

I eagerly await the sticky-burning-tar-cannons.
(This would probaby work pretty well, if the bonfire mod or something equivalent ever gets added into the standard raws so we can light fires,, and tar is mineable/producable /buyable and can be loaded into minecart launchers. It'd be a nice addition to the flying lead bars and menacing spikes.)

yay! I love all these creative commentators :3 you all take it to levels beyond what I could imagine.

That is an amazing idea :3

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 07:53:39 pm »

If we add it then it should be manufacturable. Maybe some sort of machine like a screw pump, except it requires buckets of water and bags of sand to be emptied into it.

That makes a lot of sense. maybe also something that can e turned on and off to make walkable surface sometiems?
Wouldn't that just be a drawbridge over it?

doh! silly me X3

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 07:59:10 pm »

Plus there're pretty much two different kind of tar, wood tar and coal/mineral tar!
That's Bay12!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2012, 12:35:55 pm »

I see :3
Pages: 1 [2]