Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who is your favorite Hero?

Arkun-Sha! Bringing down the chieftan was so badass I almost forgot it was scripted.
- 6 (31.6%)
Alca-un. She's the most badass, of course!
- 5 (26.3%)
Ulla-Sha. Going on a century didn't stop her from whooping ass.
- 7 (36.8%)
Amma-ah, she's so caring and kind, how could you not like her?
- 1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 54

Author Topic: The Starborn [Xenofiction?]  (Read 76402 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Starborn [Xenofiction]
« Reply #645 on: December 30, 2012, 12:25:05 pm »

No kicking in doors, no eating dirt, other than that not too bad.

Just explore, look for people to talk to, maybe get distracted.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #646 on: December 30, 2012, 01:26:06 pm »

Even if we wanted to eat dirt, I don't think there's any here, since these strange aliens cover the ground of their tents with this strange smooth rock.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 30, 2012, 02:15:26 pm »

A quick check reveals your suspicions were correct; the forward-door is not locked. It also leads to a bustling area of activity, with multiple humans going about some arcane business involving clearstone objects, many dials and flashing lights, and what appears at first glance to be goblin blood!

It's only small amounts, however, contained in corked vials and stored in large boxy containers alone, as if they were some sort of artifact. Judging from the amount you can see, this amount of blood isn't enough to die from, though you've lost a similar amount before and it made you sleepy. Amma said that there was a certain amount of blood in your body, and the lightheadedness came from having too little. It did go away, though.

There are clearstone portals on the walls, revealing it's night outside. Your body confirms this with a sudden bout of tiredness. Of course, this also means that there are less Aliens about, and it would be easier to not be seen.

Donnel is also there, using a machine that is spinning and flashing. Just earlier you saw him put a vial of blood in it... Perhaps you could try to convey a question as to the blood vials?

You feel very tired however. Sleep would be pleasurable.

You feel torn between Exploration and Exploitation. Some of the flashing lights seem to form sigils, and one screen even forms an Alien face, save it's flat nature. It seems to be looking at you, odd, puffy alien lips twisted ever so slightly upward. You hope it can't see you.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 30, 2012, 02:21:35 pm »

Offer Donnel some of the liquid. (We still have it, right?)
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 30, 2012, 02:41:34 pm »

Agreed. Greet him first, though.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 30, 2012, 02:46:54 pm »

Agreed. Greet him first, though.
+1
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #651 on: December 30, 2012, 02:46:59 pm »

I'm really torn between sleeping, which is the safest option, or offering Donnell some liquid, where there is a low probability of danger and high probability of amusement. Hmmm...

Offer Donnell the cup of liquid. Try to look friendly and act like nothing is wrong. Also bare your teeth like these humans do when you meet  him. It's probably some greeting these predators use to show off to each other they are strong and we don't want to seem weak.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 02:58:57 pm by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 30, 2012, 04:49:52 pm »

Wait. Sleeping in here?
It would be rude to not greet him and share our discovery.
Sig

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 30, 2012, 06:20:38 pm »

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 01, 2013, 10:18:42 pm »

Bravely, you step out and get Donnel's attention, then offer him the brown fizzwater.

He seems shocked to find you out of your room. You think you're getting better at telling the emotions of these people.

Though still shocked, to his credit Donnel is quick to get over his surprise. He stands tall and waves an arm towards the room, with some of the odd language of the Tall Ones. Several in white coats scurry into the hallway. It seems Donnel is in charge of at least this group of aliens.

Motioning the the vials of blood, you attempt to convey your confusion. Donnel doesn't seem to understand what you're asking of him, though he presses the vial into your hand.

Thinking hard, you put the vial back, step back, and start flapping your arms, kicking your leg back, and making several odd sounds. You get what you need by Donnels slack jaw and tilted head. Stopping suddenly and composing yourself, you again point to the vial and slack your jaw, tilting your head as well.

It takes Donnel a minute to comprehend, then his face lights up and he bares his teeth in the extra tall alien smile. They show too many teeth...

Donnel takes the vial and taps it, before leading you to a machine. He places the vial in the machine, and directs your attention to a slab of clearstone.

The odd human sigils you're starting to recognize start to appear. There are only four, this time, and there are no spaces between them like what you've seen before. Relaying to Donnel you are confused, he points at the screen, then at you, then at the blood.

You're still confused and mime him so. Scratching his chin, he takes a needle and stabs himself, drawing out quite a bit of blood. Using a clean vial he places it into the machine, and then points to the sigils and then at himself.

You think you understand something. The sigils this time are different, not in shape but in sequence. From the sigils a short while ago you see this sequence is vastly different. Perhaps they are magicing from your blood what makes you goblin?

If so... What purpose could they use this information for?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 01, 2013, 10:21:25 pm »

Try to convey more confusion, in hopes of learning more about this...?
Sig

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 02, 2013, 12:45:43 am »

Try to find patterns.

((These are blood types, I'm guessing.  But... A, B, AB, O.  I'm guessing that's what you mean by sigil.  I honestly don't know what it means for sure, and I am way to fucking la y for Google.
Mainly because I haven't slept in... Twenty-four hours, plus about forty-five more now.
Fuck arithmetic.  Y'all can add it yourselves if you want to know.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #658 on: January 02, 2013, 07:32:01 am »

((These are blood types, I'm guessing.  But... A, B, AB, O.  I'm guessing that's what you mean by sigil.))
((I believe he means DNA sequence, you know (G)uanine, (A)denine, (T)hymine, (C)ytosine or (G)uanine, (A)denine, (U)racil and (C)ytosine if goblins use RNA))
Thinking hard, you put the vial back, step back, and start flapping your arms, kicking your leg back, and making several odd sounds. You get what you need by Donnels slack jaw and tilted head. Stopping suddenly and composing yourself, you again point to the vial and slack your jaw, tilting your head as well.
((I believe this is the best indication of intelligence we have given so far. I mean *I* would have never thought of that. Good thinking.))
He stands tall and waves an arm towards the room, with some of the odd language of the Tall Ones. Several in white coats scurry into the hallway.
((Let's hope we haven't gotten our friends into trouble.))

Try to show understanding and gratitude (thank him somehow?). If we get him to like us, we'd be less likely to be chosen for vivisection and more likely to be chosen about something useful or important.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 02, 2013, 08:11:14 am »

Sounds like blood typing/DNA sequencing to me.  But probably blood typing.
Let's see if we can start to learn some rudimentary language for now.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 54