Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who is your favorite Hero?

Arkun-Sha! Bringing down the chieftan was so badass I almost forgot it was scripted.
- 6 (31.6%)
Alca-un. She's the most badass, of course!
- 5 (26.3%)
Ulla-Sha. Going on a century didn't stop her from whooping ass.
- 7 (36.8%)
Amma-ah, she's so caring and kind, how could you not like her?
- 1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 54

Author Topic: The Starborn [Xenofiction?]  (Read 76458 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: Hatchling [Xenofiction]
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2012, 01:00:02 am »

Naula and Dasun
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2012, 01:01:39 am »

Naula and Dasun
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2012, 01:57:36 am »

(Forum trouble, kaian? :P)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2012, 02:07:00 am »

Oh my. Yes I do ><" I desperately tried to post this and failed. Apparently. Please delete the two surnumerary posts please? (damn the 504 error!)
Full Sig

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2012, 07:06:57 am »

Us the unknown
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2012, 07:34:06 am »

Boga-Ga.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2012, 11:56:29 pm »

[[Us 3
Naula 2
Boga 1]]

The story of Us* begins in a dark time for the Tribe of Naki-Boun. You may remember them as the tribe ours was founded from. Us came to the tribe on a dark day, as the moon blotted out the sun, and the other was nowhere to be found! The sky turned as black as midnight, the evillest of stars emerging from their places like spiders to gobble up unfortunate goblins, crying blood while they did so! It was a evil day, and Us stood in the middle, so still.

The Naki-Boun pleaded with the gods to bring the suns back. They offered them a offering of the greatest warrior of the tribe. But the gods did not want a strong arm, Us told them. And indeed, the warriors sacrifice did not bring back the suns, and there came a great wailing.

The Naki-Boun offered a young maiden, beautiful and with her first clutch in hand. But the gods did not want fertility, Us told them, and they were smitten by the stars, the clutch dashed upon the ground, and there came a great wailing.

The Naki-Boun offered their faith, to a god who would save them. But the gods did not want worship, Us told them, and no sun came, and much blood was spilled from their bodies, and there came a wailing much weaker than before.

The Naki-Boun spoke to Us and asked her, "The gods to not wish any wealth we could give them! They will not answer our prayers! Stranger, you came before this disaster, tell us true what the gods wish from our tribe!"

And Us spake, and he said; "No thing."

And they were confused and said to Us "No thing we can give? Then they have smitten us for malice and anger, a tribe of hopefuls and strong warriors?" And they grew angry, and stomped upon the ground with force, and pulled upon their ears in anger, and said "Stranger! You tell us lies! Our gods are not demons!"

And Us spake calmly and without malice, and said; "Nay. Look to the skies." And a sun had appeared from about the side of the moon, and the stars vanished and the evil was gone.

And they asked of Us how such a thing had happened, and Us said to them nothing. And they asked her with anger, and yet Us said nothing. And they struck her with stones and she said nothing. And they did offer her many riches, in the form of crystal shards and fine weapons, and she said nothing. And they asked again and again, in a thousand ways, and she said nothing. But a child asked of her, "Why did this happen?" and Us spake.

"The gods were busy." said she. "They went to the black void, and made a new land. And on that land they made a people of great power, and this is what took them so long." and the goblins were silent and asked why they did such a thing and abandoned the goblins, their first creature, and Us said "For it is the Starborn who will lead us beyond our tribes. The starborn who will use a crystal grey as stone and shall turn the world to their whim. The children of the gods shall come on a shooting star, and erase all of the flawed creation, and lead us to a Utopia, Which they will call 'Ohai-Ou', and we will grow fruitful ever more, and the wars shall stop, and the death shall stop, and the starving of winter shall stop, and the creatures of land and sea will se us as masters, and we will see the Starborn as masters, and they in turn will know the Gods as masters, and the chain of being will be complete. They come."

And they asked how long it shall be until the Starborn came, and Us said, "I know not."

And they knew she was right, and they lifted her up and called her idol, but she grew angry at them, and they were chastised, and the next night she vanished, never to be seen again.

A young broodmate of your leaps to his feet and says, "I HAVE A GIRLS NAME?"

Ulla slowly places her face in her palm and shakes her head. "No, you have a boys name, Usun-ta**."

Usun looks unhappy at that answer, but knows better than to argue with the grumpy old shaman.

Ulla-sha looks around at the crowd of gathered goblins. "Does anyone have any questions? I will answer to the best of my ability."

*Us [pronounced: OOS] is a genderless name belived to have been created for this story and used since because of it, in a odd sort of feedback loop. What still puzzles human and goblin historians and theologists alike is Us's strangely accurate prediction of the future, even coming close to the Goblins largest settlement on Earth, Golsa, in OHIO, North America. It's thought that Us was most likely female due to the high degree of respect afforded by the tribe when they didn't know "her". Usually strange males in those days were treated as without dignity, usually as beggars, especially if they did not come with a message. Females, on the other hand, were more often afforded some modicum of respect, being treated like an unwanted person rather than an unwanted animal.

**The suffix -Ta added onto the end of a name is a somewhat harsh means of calling someone an idiot. The literal translation of -Ta more accurately refers to the inside of the head, but it is usually appended to something else like the brain. In this case, the lack of a material to fill the head in question implies that the insultee has a completely empty head, or is a moron.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 21, 2012, 03:16:06 am »

But what happens if we found of those grey crystals?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2012, 03:16:47 am »

even coming close to the Goblins largest settlement on Earth, Golsa, in OHIO, North America.
wait, what?
Full Sig

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2012, 03:25:23 am »

Spoiler: Terribly generic meme (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 03:28:45 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2012, 02:40:27 pm »

even coming close to the Goblins largest settlement on Earth, Golsa, in OHIO, North America.
wait, what?
Sidestory: Goblins eventually settle a city in Ohio.

Not saying how it happened.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But what if we found those grey crystals the Starborn use?"

Ulla looks sharply at the young Goblin. "Have YOU seen any grey crystal, stonger than solid stone and shining like a still lake in the light of a full moon? No? Then why is this question relevant?!"
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2012, 02:56:00 pm »

Do that mean goblins do not know metallurgy? besides marteled gold?

NEW LONG TERM MAIN QUEST: THE SECRET OF STEEL.
Full Sig

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2012, 03:28:35 pm »

Sillly person, that magical thing called steel is the sole realm of the dwarves.  We're limited to copper, brass, and, at best, iron.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2012, 03:34:46 pm »

Sillly person, that magical thing called steel is the sole realm of the dwarves.  We're limited to copper, brass, and, at best, iron.
Is there even dwarves in this setting?
Full Sig

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2012, 04:09:41 pm »

Is there even dwarves in this setting?
No.

There are Elves but the Elves are technically Goblins, just a bit culturally...

We'll get to them in time, don't worry.

To break any confusion this is nothing like DF or any generic fantasy world. Your goblin is short, brown, wrinkly, has goat eyes and eight fingers, and his ears are literally the same size as his head (losing one actually puts a goblin off balance because they're so heavy. They have to relearn how to walk the same way suddenly having one arm replaced by solid iron would screw with a human.). The term Goblin isn't even the word they use, they call themselves "people" in their language: "Ulsa". Goblin is the name given to them by Human settlers, which they adopted after they took to Anglo-mandarin.

Also they become about 30% catholic, 40% buddhist and 10% other, depending on which tribe was contacted by which settlers. But this is all extraneous; are you all out of questions? should we move on to the next Chapter?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 54