Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Spoiler! Less Demon's, more stronger?  (Read 1387 times)

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
Spoiler! Less Demon's, more stronger?
« on: November 14, 2012, 04:47:26 pm »

So what if there were only demon's, that were super powerful, instead of 100 powerful demons. Or, 1 GOD demon, that could use like, lazer eyes or something. Or like, 100 demon's that are as powerful as Master Hammer goblins.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spoiler! Less Demon's, more stronger?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 04:50:37 pm »

So what if there were only demon's, that were super powerful, instead of 100 powerful demons. Or, 1 GOD demon, that could use like, lazer eyes or something. Or like, 100 demon's that are as powerful as Master Hammer goblins.

Currently there is an endless/infinite amount of powerful demons. Demons being huge creatures with masterful skill and various powers.

So what are you talking about exactly?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 05:08:23 pm »

I heard lesser demons, thought of Ogre Tactics, and how the lesser demon was magically weaker, but often physically stronger.

I think you are refering to the ones who are refered to in the advanced worldgen...  You want an option to make them stronger or weaker?

I like that they are strong.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 05:16:32 pm »

I understand that, but they need to be just about beatable, but there are infinite demons?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 05:17:31 pm »

The number in advanced worldgen is all you will find mentioned in Legends.

If you want less, make less.  I fairly certain that that particular creature is off limits to modders, even.  So no changing their characterisitcs.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 05:18:48 pm »

Megabeasts are what represent the sort of upper level of power.

A god's physical form should be around what you would expect from a megabeast. (In fact some megabeasts are gods)

Anything more powerful then that is something that represents a world destroying near all powerful threat.

but there are infinite demons?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 07:42:37 pm »

The Advanced Worldgen thing is the number of demon types.

Having one godlike demon is...not good. It would make Hell just a big FB.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 09:41:23 pm »

I have no personal objection to Demon gods or gods who live in the HFS mind you. I always assumed they would exist.

Replacing the infinite spawns of hell with one demon god is something else entirely.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 09:54:14 pm »

I have no personal objection to Demon gods or gods who live in the HFS mind you. I always assumed they would exist.

Replacing the infinite spawns of hell with one demon god is something else entirely.
Obviously.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

darknessofthenight

• Bay Watcher
  • cannibalism is complicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 10:26:27 pm »

We should do both, keep demons as is, and add the chance of a demon god spawning.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 01:22:18 am »

We should do both, keep demons as is, and add the chance of a demon god spawning.

I figure Demon Gods will be in the game eventually... but currently we are waiting until the gods are something.

ikachan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 01:39:03 am »

I think it would be cool if Armok was in hell. Currently he doesn't ever appear in the game yet. Since he's the God of blood he's kinda related to hell.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 01:54:32 am »

I think it would be cool if Armok was in hell. Currently he doesn't ever appear in the game yet. Since he's the God of blood he's kinda related to hell.

Armok probably will never be in the game.

Also gods as they are currently can still be outright malicious and evil.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 07:36:12 am »

I'd like to see less of a demon god and more of a demon lord or general. Same general idea, but less powerful and more obviously accompanied by swarms of loyal demons.
Sig

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 08:42:26 am »

And on the year 1111 they shall spill.out upon the world, readying it for rebirth by cleaning its populace, causing great pain to all but the heartiest of warriors. 8)
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: [1] 2