Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Two-player games?  (Read 1143 times)

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
Two-player games?
« on: November 14, 2012, 03:07:15 pm »

My friend and I are looking for some two-player (preferably indie) games. I'm talking about non-local multiplayer that we can have a lot of laughs in. Free games are preferred but are not necessary, and we aren't looking for MMOs. I've spent a while searching and I just can't find anything that seems to fit our bill.

I hope you guys will help; I'll offer compensation in the form of pictures of cats, if desired.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Two-player games?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 03:09:45 pm »

Fighting games, fighting games, everywhere under the sun? Lots of ways to play many of those over the 'net nowadays.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 03:39:37 pm »

ptw.

Can you do a website for retro games?  Tekken?  Killer Instinct, Street Fighters.

cIV, Starcraft, Warcraft?  RTS games or TBS...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 03:41:09 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 04:01:40 pm »

Magicka caused a lot of laughs between me and my friends. Portal 2 is pretty fun as well.
Lemmingball Z is free and can cause quite a few laughs and ''Oh wow's'' as well :P

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 04:03:20 pm »

ptw.

Can you do a website for retro games?  Tekken?  Killer Instinct, Street Fighters.
A lot of the old console games (I think up to PSX? Certainly up to SNES/Genesis, as well as handhelds up to... GBA? Possibly limited stuff for the DS emulators, I'unno.) have emulators nowadays that can do net play, though it might take a lil'finaglin' to get it functioning. Most of those were two player games, when they had multiplayer at all :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 05:16:51 pm »

Spoiler: "Payment" (click to show/hide)

Fighting games are good. Just that suggestion has brought a few games to mind that I hadn't thought of before. I'm thinking MUGEN could be pretty hilarious.

There is a reason, however, that I specified that indie games are preferred. I've been playing games for most of my life, and I've already played most of the games that are likely to be suggested, such as Portal 2 and Magicka; even Lemmingball Z. My friend in particular is a big strategy fan, so he'll already have played the crap out of anything other than indie strategy games. I don't think we could get multiplayer emulators working for anything other than the SNES. Thanks for your suggestions so far, keep them coming please~
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming