Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New civilizations  (Read 874 times)

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New civilizations
« on: November 14, 2012, 08:38:13 am »

I'm tired of facing just elves,humans,kobalds,goblins, and necromancer. But I don't like most of the mods that add new civilizations also add a crap ton of new civilizations and weapons. Are there any current build mods that just add 2 or 3 new civilizations.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 08:43:10 am by locustgate »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: New civilizations
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 08:56:30 am »

Most of mods add 2 or 3 new civilizations. Try fortress defence, it has a ton of interesting civs.

And there's no fun adding goblin copies, I don't see why you dislike new armor or weapon types.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 09:43:29 am »

Make your own.  Take a current civ, copy/paste, and edit till your heart's content.

I had a time where I made an orc caste, where 1 in 8 goblins were orcs, i.e. building destroying monsters.  I also tried and had limited success in making sieger's require food.

Make sure tht if you do make a new creature that you add it as a creature and a civ.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 11:26:15 am »

I don't dislike new civilizations it's that most mods that add new ones have 3-5 new ones that I hate and about 1-3 new ones that I like along with a hole bunch I just don't give a crap about. It's similar with weapons/armor I like some of them hate a few and don't care about most. Is it possible to remove the parts I don't like and keep the ones I do.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 12:34:04 pm »

If you don't like any of the current options then your best bet is probably to just make your own like pisskop suggested.

And it's fully possible to remove things that you don't want from mods, though in many cases you may need to remove several other things that call or depend on the removed object. (For example if you remove a weapon you will also need to disable it in and entities that use it as well as removing any custom reactions that create the weapon.)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 01:50:13 pm »

ARGH SHAMELESSS PLUGING!!!!!
im working on a mod to make the Voidwalkers from Legends of forlorn realms playable its not even technicly started yet but ill be planning for a christmass release.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 03:45:27 pm »

im working on a mod to make the Voidwalkers from Legends of forlorn realms playable its not even technicly started yet but ill be planning for a christmass release.

.....[CIV_CONTROLLABLE]?
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 11:21:42 am »

.....[CIV_CONTROLLABLE]?

Not that simple, if you want something that isn't terrible to play. It looks good so far.

fire1666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 12:43:58 pm »

.....[CIV_CONTROLLABLE]?

Not that simple, if you want something that isn't terrible to play. It looks good so far.
I hope i ant read this wrong putnam but i assume youve read the code i posted on LFR's thread with all the nobles
AND the citidel heart *main building* is done now reactions time D: