Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I like this forums!  (Read 5615 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: I like this forums!
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2012, 03:15:39 pm »

Whose life has been enriched by "What would the avatar of the person above you say"?
Mine?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 03:17:15 pm »

Whose life has been enriched by "What would the avatar of the person above you say"?
Mine. I find such threads amusing.

Is amusement not sufficient for you? Or other people's amusement I suppose, if you do not enjoy them.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 03:24:43 pm »

Another circlejerking thread.

I think I've lost count.

This is strange because I was thinking about how many circlejerking threads there were in bay12. Huh.

Stop this. I don't like it when my Bay 12 starts to sound like my reddit.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 03:28:15 pm »

Agreed. Purge the infection. Resident Overlords are ginning too widely for comfort.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2012, 03:30:21 pm »

Hey Dasleah.  How've you been?

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2012, 03:31:20 pm »

Mine?

You sound unsure. Can you think of a specific instance? I understand that 20,000 posts in the last 2 years might be a lot to keep track of.

Another circlejerking thread.

I think I've lost count.

This is strange because I was thinking about how many circlejerking threads there were in bay12. Huh.

Stop this. I don't like it when my Bay 12 starts to sound like my reddit.

rating threads aren't quite karma whoring, but they're what we've come to know in its place.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2012, 03:37:21 pm »

Mine?

You sound unsure. Can you think of a specific instance? I understand that 20,000 posts in the last 2 years might be a lot to keep track of.
That was a rhetorical question mark. But yeah.

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:POISON:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
       [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:frozen giant cave spider venom]
       [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen giant cave spider venom]
       [STATE_NAME:LIQUID:giant cave spider venom]
       [STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:giant cave spider venom]
       [STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling giant cave spider venom]
       [STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling giant cave spider venom]
       [PREFIX:NONE]
       [ENTERS_BLOOD]
       [SYNDROME]
           [SYN_NAME:giant cave spider bite]
           [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
           [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:SPIDER_CAVE:ALL]
           [SYN_INJECTED]
           [HAIR_EYES:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:5:PEAK:10:END:20]
Back from the days where I had my dwarvatar with the huge eyebrows. That was kinda clever.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2012, 04:07:39 pm »

Mine?

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:POISON:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE]
       [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:frozen giant cave spider venom]
       [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen giant cave spider venom]
       [STATE_NAME:LIQUID:giant cave spider venom]
       [STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:giant cave spider venom]
       [STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling giant cave spider venom]
       [STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling giant cave spider venom]
       [PREFIX:NONE]
       [ENTERS_BLOOD]
       [SYNDROME]
           [SYN_NAME:giant cave spider bite]
           [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
           [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:SPIDER_CAVE:ALL]
           [SYN_INJECTED]
           [HAIR_EYES:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:5:PEAK:10:END:20]
Back from the days where I had my dwarvatar with the huge eyebrows. That was kinda clever.

Yeah, that was an okay joke, somewhat stymied by the fact that it no longer works when reread on the 11000 post thread.
Due to avatar changes, the vast majority of posts are nonsensical and pointless. The fact that you had to explain it to me
speaks wonders of it's continued existence.
also

Did you just profess that you responded to a rhetorical question with another rhetorical question that you designated as rhetorical
by adding a question mark? That was a rhetorical question mind you because it's what you just did. My inquiry is what indication the question mark
was supposed to give to the rhetorical nature of the response. It means the same thing without the question mark. I am also curious
as to how you would intend to communicate verbally that this is a rhetorical question when it is one word that means exactly the same thing no matter how you inflect it. Would "No, you weren't" not be an appropriate answer regardless of your intent? Was that a rhetorical question? Is this?
This is bothering me way more than it should.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2012, 04:11:00 pm »

My brain hurts.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2012, 04:13:23 pm »

You have a point that the old conversations are now worthless there, but what of new ones? They provide amusement.

Transience isn't necessarily a bad thing. Jokes grow old, etc, but they're fun while they last.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2012, 04:14:35 pm »

Imagine Darvi had put a "Hellooo??" before his response and maybe a sassy click afterwards and it makes more sense.

edit: corrected the spelling of hellooo

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2012, 04:35:22 pm »

My brain hurts.

It should

Imagine Darvi had put a "Hellooo??" before his response and maybe a sassy click afterwards and it makes more sense.

edit: corrected the spelling of hellooo

One's mind hardly jumps to overconfident sass when getting a response to a rhetorical question, especially one with such an mediocre payoff.

Maybe I'm not familiar enough with Darvi, maybe he's a sassy diva who sasses around the forum cocking his head back and forth snapping his
sassy fingers, I'll be sure not to make the same mistake again. Everything Darvi posts will be interpreted in the sassiest way possible to better
interpret the sassy way he intends his posts to come across. Thanks Leafsnail :P

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2012, 05:01:10 pm »

Don't worry, sometimes even I don't know what I want to convey with a post.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2012, 06:03:43 pm »

Thank you Robocorn for making
this thread fun
to read.

The lower forums definitely have some issues.  I've said what I feel about the stream of consciousness threads, and mostly stay out of them unless I have something I really want to say there.  The liberalism down here also can occasionally reach knee-jerk/echo-chamber levels, which doesn't foster healthy debate.  It's only made worse by the fact that the only conservatives who speak up are grotesques, possibly because the sensible ones know they're going to get dogpiled if they say anything.
While I don't have much vigor to discuss politics on an internet forum I do appreciate threads with actual concrete topics and avatars that don't break my scrolling.
Pages: 1 2 [3]