Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Roll to Mutate: An Adventure in Change. Turn 14: Raise Thread  (Read 19944 times)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Mutate: An Adventure in Change
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 08:22:24 pm »

What do you recommend I spend them on? Can I put 1 point in Intelligence? A la, can my beast survive as it is? If so, let's go with that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 08:42:02 pm »

If you mean increasing Brains by one, sure. Is that what you want?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 08:44:44 pm »

I do, as long as I'm not going to die in a turn or two due to not having lungs or a heart or...or something. I don't know.

I'm imagining making a Beholder-type creature, many eyes, high intelligence and...Wings! Since there's no magic.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 08:55:50 pm »

Name: Wave-Reader
Mutations: Carnivorous Digestive Tract Level 0 (2 points), Sense Level 1 (2 points), Normal Senses (1 point)
Description: A toad-sized worm which uses its relatively developed senses to locate prey
A normal sense organ, like an eye, ear, or nose, costs 1 mutation point. You have sight, do you want hearing or smell?
I'll take hearing then, if that works.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 09:30:07 pm »

Mutations: Carnivorous Digestive Tract Level 0 (2 points), Sense Level 1 (2 points), Normal Senses (1 point)
Description: A toad-sized worm which uses its relatively developed senses to locate prey
A normal sense organ, like an eye, ear, or nose, costs 1 mutation point. You have sight, do you want hearing or smell?
Yup. I intend to post the first update tonight.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 01:42:43 pm »

have you decided on the costs for specialty glands and chameleon skin?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 05:54:12 pm »

have you decided on the costs for specialty glands and chameleon skin?
Um...gimme a sec, I'll have them up around when I update.

Yup. I intend to post the first update tonight.
That'll teach me to make promises!
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 10:13:31 pm »

Okay, here we go.

-----

Several beings awake.
They are aware of a few things. Each sees through its single eye that they are surrounded by a translucent fluid. Outside, they see shapes, including some large, upright ones moving about. Past the shapes, they see domes and, within the domes, shadows.
One can discern more clearly. It sees that the tall shadows moving past the fluid are similar but not quite the same, and the shadows in the dome are moving.
Each being becomes aware of floating in their fluid and of strange things puncturing their flesh.

They think.

What will they do?
Sig

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 10:21:34 pm »

I'm just going to assume that with my nice senses, I'm the one that can discern more clearly.
The Wave-Reader attempts to watch the shadows in the dome closely to see if they do anything interesting.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 10:32:38 pm »

You sure are. Sorry not to specify.
Sig

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, 10:44:22 pm »

Behe will try and analyze the situation, while remaining calm.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, 11:02:00 pm »

explore local environment in an attempt to find food or an exit
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 10:57:53 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2012, 02:06:23 am »

As H.P. became aware, one thought began to tug at its tiny little brain.

Food.

It needed to find a food source to survive, or at least that was what its instincts were telling it.

Locate nearest food source!

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2012, 02:41:45 am »

Ubik examines his enviorment to see if he is alone, how big it is, and if there is anything that looks like food.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2012, 06:06:22 pm »

We've got the wave-reader, behe, GS-057-A, H.P, Ubik, and the realization that I accidentally assigned two critters to Caerwyn. Now we just need Jatha's action!
Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15