Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Roll to Mutate: An Adventure in Change. Turn 14: Raise Thread  (Read 19938 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Mutate: An Adventure in Change. Turn 2: Breaking Down
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2012, 11:50:48 am »

Actions:
attempt to break the barrier
Behe will try and understand what this sensation is, and since it's unpleasant, it must be bad, right? Maybe a way to stop the pain would be good...
The wave-reader calms itself, and listens carefully in an attempt to locate prey.
Look at shadowy figures I guess.
Search for something else to eat. Preferably not myself.
Move towards the shadows

-----

GS rams the barrier with its wrath-filled body. The barrier cracks; strange roughly spherical things flow from the crack. Soon, a chunk of barrier washes away! GS is swept down and strikes a hard surface. It feels the tubes in its flesh ripping away. (-1 HP ((Lucky you)))
Behe determines that, while the feeling isn't bad, it says something's wrong.
Wave-reader can't find any prey, but the large shadows seem to be agitated. Its hearing picks up distressed cries. It also notes that one of the smaller shadows has broken out of its dome.
Ubik watches the shadows move towards a dome which has broken, becoming more transparent from the top down. It also sees that the shadow within has flowed out and struck the floor.
H.P. finds a neat little worm to eat! It's not very tasty, and when it bites it, the worm spews air and H.P. starts to feel a little short of breath...
The Magnus ((Wow, first overshot)) smashes into a barrier, spilling out and hitting the floor. Several tubes break loose. (-5 HP)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2012, 12:04:33 pm »

The wave-reader sees a thin and very wounded serpent (Magnus) on the floor, and attempts to break through the barrier to attack this new prey.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2012, 12:13:17 pm »

Darn, I was hoping for a self-regeneration roll or something. Hm.

Behe is going to try and expand his knowledge...Or whatever crude form of knowledge something like him has. Intelligence is power, after all.

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2012, 02:56:24 pm »

((how do we know how much health/hunger we have?))

Magnus will call upon it's energy reserves to heal some of its injurys; in the meantime, look for something to eat.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2012, 03:04:15 pm »

Darn, I was hoping for a self-regeneration roll or something. Hm.
Oh.
Next time, let me know more clearly. I'll try to guess when you're taking a turn off to heal.

((how do we know how much health/hunger we have?))
Oh, right. I was planning to give everyone a quick update at the end of their actions, but that never happened. I'll try to remember to do that next turn, but in the meantime checl the second post.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2012, 06:55:56 pm »

flee from the large shadows, hide under a shelf or something.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2012, 01:15:59 am »

Ubik: Break out of my prison.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2012, 03:07:49 am »

Is it just me, or does this RTD remind anyone else of Spore?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2012, 06:06:30 am »

what else  would it remind us of?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2012, 10:57:02 pm »

The mutation point mechanic, maybe, but gameplay is a lot different. I think.

-----

The wave-reader sees a thin and very wounded serpent (Magnus) on the floor, and attempts to break through the barrier to attack this new prey.
Behe is going to try and expand his knowledge...Or whatever crude form of knowledge something like him has. Intelligence is power, after all.
Magnus will call upon it's energy reserves to heal some of its injurys; in the meantime, look for something to eat.

-----

Wave-Reader rams the side of his barrier, which holds up against his painful assaults. (-3 HP).
Behe contemplates, and forms a cocoon. He will emerge smarter in two turns.
Magnus searches for food. It finds a scent of an edible animal and follows it towards a gaping, rectangular hole in the wall.
GS slithers for a table, hiding from the light and the large shapes, no longer shadows.
Ubik squirms forward and smashes through the barrier! It falls onto the ground, with the acute pain of ripping out the tubes forming an accompaniment for the dull sensation of striking the cold, hard, and increasingly damp ground (-3 HP)
H.P. rests.

The shapes or shadows look about uncertainly at the now three creatures slithering around. Three of them grab for the three creatures. One, going for Magnus, trips and falls, blocking the serpent's path momentarily. The second, trying to sieze GS, can't grab it before it slithers under the table. The last grabs Ubik by the dorsal portion of anatomy.

-----

Prototype Status Update:
Spoiler: H.P. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ubik (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GS-057-A (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wave-Reader (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magnus (click to show/hide)
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2012, 11:00:42 pm »

-----

-----

Wave-Reader rams the side of his barrier, which holds up against his painful assaults. (-3 HP).
Magnus searches for food. It finds a scent of an edible animal and follows it towards a gaping, rectangular hole in the wall.
GS slithers for a table, hiding from the light and the large shapes, no longer shadows.
Ubik squirms forward and smashes through the barrier! It falls onto the ground, with the acute pain of ripping out the tubes forming an accompaniment for the dull sensation of striking the cold, hard, and increasingly damp ground (-3 HP)
H.P. rests.

The shapes or shadows look about uncertainly at the now three creatures slithering around. Three of them grab for the three creatures. One, going for Magnus, trips and falls, blocking the serpent's path momentarily. The second, trying to sieze GS, can't grab it before it slithers under the table. The last grabs Ubik by the dorsal portion of anatomy.

-----

Prototype Status Update:
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2012, 11:01:36 pm »

-----

-----

H.P. rests.

-----

Prototype Status Update:
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2012, 12:15:38 am »

bite the shadows finger but do not latch on, if fingers are not under the table look for bugs instead

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2012, 12:31:39 am »

Behe will stay in the cocoon and become more intelligent.

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2012, 12:31:41 am »

Wriggle over the fallen creature and through the hole in the wall.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15