Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jumping with Climbing.  (Read 854 times)

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
Jumping with Climbing.
« on: November 13, 2012, 08:12:52 am »

What if you could jump tree to tree sneaking around a camp, then jump down and stabbing them, then killing the rest, would that not be super badass? Jumping would be like directing 1 or 2 flying jump's and becoming tired after it, or even a climbing / jumping skill. Anyone else with me?

Fortport

• Bay Watcher
  • Modest expedition leader.
    • View Profile
Re: Jumping with Climbing.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 08:16:20 am »

Sounds like someone's been playing Assassin's Creed 3.  :P

Oh and, fall damage would .. kinda .. yeah.
MIIIIGRAAAAAANTS!!

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 08:23:26 am »

What if you were trained in jumping and you could land safely?
But, a small chance.
I was inspired for the November update, so it said "Parkour" and I was suddenly MORE attracted too the new update, oh god it will be awesome.

Fortport

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 08:29:48 am »

I'm just as excited as you are.  :)

Back on topic, err .. well, jumping off of a tree, and landing on someone alone, depending on how high you jumped from, could break things, maybe. Say, you jumped off of a necromancer's tower, landed on a zombie, and broke both of your spines? Idk xD. Or, to be more specific, you landed on their shoulders, broke your hip, and their neck.
MIIIIGRAAAAAANTS!!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 11:25:21 am »

I'm just as excited as you are.  :)

Back on topic, err .. well, jumping off of a tree, and landing on someone alone, depending on how high you jumped from, could break things, maybe. Say, you jumped off of a necromancer's tower, landed on a zombie, and broke both of your spines? Idk xD. Or, to be more specific, you landed on their shoulders, broke your hip, and their neck.
As it is currently implemented, you'd just be both stunned for a while.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 06:13:34 pm »

Incidentally, not only is this planned, but TOADY HAS DONE IT.

Read the devlogs, or at least DF General Discussion.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 07:59:06 pm »

There aint no climbing (yet) , boy. I mean as in jumping down and having a choice to stab on falling, and standing your ground doing it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:15:30 pm by Gavakis »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 08:37:56 pm »

Jumping and climbing has been coded, boy. Read the devlogs.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

darknessofthenight

• Bay Watcher
  • cannibalism is complicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 10:04:58 pm »

he means jumping onto someone and using the force of your fall to stab them better

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 10:37:22 pm »

While that makes sense from a cinematic perspective, it would be hard to aim and if you missed from more than a couple z-levels up, you're in deep doo-doo.
Sig

Fortport

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 10:40:42 pm »

While that makes sense from a cinematic perspective, it would be hard to aim and if you missed from more than a couple z-levels up, you're in deep doo-doo.

This.
MIIIIGRAAAAAANTS!!

darknessofthenight

• Bay Watcher
  • cannibalism is complicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 10:58:26 pm »

This feels more like it should be wow i'm falling on this guy while holding my knife, I should stab him. As apposed to wow this guy is under me is should fall on him so I stab him extra hard with my knife.

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 04:41:14 pm »

This feels more like it should be wow i'm falling on this guy while holding my knife, I should stab him. As apposed to wow this guy is under me is should fall on him so I stab him extra hard with my knife.

That is exactly what I mean, this entire thread is about this, of which I could not say it out better.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 07:41:39 pm »

It would be hypothetically possible but not very accurate.
Sig